Your Easter menu

If Mrs. Homie's aunt invites us (she generally invites everybody for Easter), we'll have her famous ham, plus traditional Midwestern potluck fare like mashed potatoes, varying salads and casseroles, etc., followed later by outdoor "circle time" with medicinal plants.

If she doesn't invite us, we'll have whatever jumps out at me from the freezer here at home by ourselves.

I do brunch here at my house. We have scrambled egg muffins, pancakes, fruit, Easter bread, and jellybeans!

Ham- with grilled pineapple
steamed baby red potatoes
corn pudding
fresh asparagus

Haven't decided on what dessert yet.
and LOTS of chocolate!

Ham
corn
rolls

MIL bringing potato dish
SIL bringing salad
SIL bringing dessert
BIL bringing a side sih

This is a great thread! My problem is that I'm not a fan of ham so I need some ideas.

Whatever is on the menu at the restaurant we are going to. We are doing Easter differently this year. I got tickets For the matinee of touring production of Cinderella and made dinner reservations at a restaurant I have been wanting to go to for many years.

We don't celebrate Easter, but I always buy baked ham & deviled eggs from Whole Foods around Easter time.

This is a great thread! My problem is that I'm not a fan of ham so I need some ideas.

I don't like any pork products or lamb either. Actually, I don't like meat much at all.

When I've done Easter at home I've done roasted veggies with a grain like quinoa, an interesting green salad, steamed new potatoes along with kielbasa (for dh and dd). I often will add smoked salmon, grilled shrimp or something like that.

Spiral Ham
Mashed potatoes
Baked sweet potatoes
Roasted asparagus
Another veggie for those who don't like asparagus
Hawaiian sweet rolls

Not sure yet as my mom is having everyone over. Usually she does either tons of Italian food or lately she gets the meal catered from a local place to cut down on all the work of cooking.

My parents live in podunk, USA and have requested to have Easter here (in the big city ) and order pizza.

We do breakfast at my in laws
assorted danish
Sausage, potato & cheese casse

Lunch at my parents'
Ham (though my mom roasts a chicken for my husband who doesn't like ham)
Veggies
Mashed potatoes
Rolls, etc

Because we are traveling between families that day, fast food! We are going to early service with one side then driving like madmen two states to the other family. We will miss lunch at both houses. Probably have to grab something at a gas station with cold subs and a bag of chips. There will be leftovers when we arrive.
Usually they have roasted chicken, ham, rolls, salad, roasted potatoes, almond green beans, and a cake of some kind for dessert.

Colored eggs in the morning, then spaghetti with chicken Parmesan for dinner. (And plenty of snacking on candy all day, lol!)

We do brunch. I'm hoping that people will bring deviled eggs & salads. I'll be buying mini quiche from Costco, assembling cut fruit & heating up little wieners. I know I have cheesecake & chili coming (we are all over the place with our potlucks!). I'm also going to make the peep bunny - I got the mold for it a few years ago & now that my grandson is 3, I think he'll like it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter