~Your Experiances With Delta/Song Please~

disneyworld!

<font color="87005b">Love, Peace & Mickey.....and
I always fly American. they had really bad depature times/ both ways. and smaller planes. I love the 757's. so I checked out Delta. and I booked Song for my sept trip 757's and got my seats up front just what I like(thou priceyer then AA)

how do you like this airlines? have you bought the food? and I noticed that each seat has a TV with Dish network and games also music...that is pretty kewl.

all expericances welcome!

Song is pretty nice; not as nice as AA with the extra legroom, but they're taking that away anyway. The only concern I have about Song these days is that neither United nor US Airways looks like it they are going out of business, so that's going to put a lot more pressure on Delta (and therefore Song) with regard to bankruptcy, and possibly ceasing of operations. There simply isn't enough of a market for all the airlines, so something's got to give. Hopefully it won't be Song.

We have flown song, never had a problem.

I love flying Song. We have had some problems dealing with phone reps due to flight changes, them moving our seats, credits we were promised (and deserved)but not given, etc...) However our flights(6 now) have always been on time, fairly smooth and the employees are very friendly. We do the self serve check in with no problem and have never had any luggage problems.

I'm usually a very paranoid flier, however having that tv, I listen to Disney music and play the trivia game, and really forget I'm flying. We are booked with Song again in July.

Our last couple of trips we have flown Song and thought it was great. No problems.

I am not a huge Delta fan, but recently flew Song. I felt like we were jammed in like sardines, but we did have those little tv's to play with, we just could not move our feet..

I flew American last time I went to Orlando, and hate the little planes and we were crowded there too.. what happened to the leg room on the American planes..

I give up, travelling from the Northeast to Orlando, is not comfortable anymore... at least that is what my husband and I think.

Mackey Mouse said:
I flew American last time I went to Orlando, and hate the little planes and we were crowded there too.. what happened to the leg room on the American planes.
Too many passengers weren't willing to pay extra for the extra leg room.

DH and I flew Song in February and we were very pleased. The flights were ontime/early. The personal TV's were cool. My only complaint would be that the plane was not extremely clean and I got lipstick on my leg (ick!!) from somewhere on the fold down table. We managed to get $49 tickets each way so I'm not complaining too loud :goodvibes I am watching their fares for our trip in December.

I haven't flown Song yet, but we will be going to WDW on Song in July so I will keep you posted. I usually always fly Delta just because that is where I collect my Skymiles. I find I can build mileage faster with Delta due to the American Express Delta Sky Miles card, than with any other credit card or airline. We have usually flown to WDW with Delta and three times to Hawaii on miles so I have learned to like Delta. ;)

Mackey Mouse said:
I am not a huge Delta fan, but recently flew Song. I felt like we were jammed in like sardines, but we did have those little tv's to play with, we just could not move our feet..

I flew American last time I went to Orlando, and hate the little planes and we were crowded there too.. what happened to the leg room on the American planes..

I give up, travelling from the Northeast to Orlando, is not comfortable anymore... at least that is what my husband and I think.
this is why I always fly American and use miles to upgrade to first class...had a blast last week with just myself and one girl who was a nanny, we were the only ones in FC and we sat and drank bloody marys and talked with both flight attendents....never had such a great time on a plane!
but AA only had a flight for 635pm ...on the way down,,,

We flew Song last summer with our kids and thought it was great! They loved the TVs and even on the trip home, when reception was thwarted due to Hurricane Gaston, the music trivia game was entertaining.

We did purchase a few a la carte breakfast items on our trip to Orlando since it was an early flight and we hadn't had breakfast. Got some bagels with cream cheese, a cheese and fruit plate, etc. Items were a bit pricey but they took Discover which was convenient. I think their web site has the menu of items that can be purchased...

I would rather pay more and be comfortable in coach.. I guess I must be alone in that. Too bad they did not offer a business class for those of us who do not want to pay first class prices, although the planes I have been on, I did not see any first class. If they keep it up, maybe some of us will be sitting on the wings to make sure they can jam everyone in.. What next, there are no more snacks, you can pay for food, they barely give you a drink...maybe next if we want to use the bathrooms, we will have to clean them ourselves..... :)

Don't joke! If there is anything else they can do to substantiate low fares, it seems that most Americans are willing to put up with it to save some money.

I agree, I have gone out of the way to do first class on round trip this past trip only cost me 150 bucks. If I were not going solo again this trip....I kwould consider taking my huge truck!! I am 5'9....sitting in a plane regular seats just is not fun!

I've only flown a few times, all w/ Delta. Never had a problem with them.

We have been flying SONG and have not had any problems. I like how you can pick your seats on-line and I think now you can even get your boarding pass on-line before you fly...??

Yes, they do sell food and it's not so bad. Are you flying out of Boston? If so, you will be using the new Delta terminal....it was a little confusing last time we flew in April. They are supposed to have more food places so maybe you can purchase something to bring on board.

The little tv's are GREAT! I don't like to fly but it sure makes the just-under 3 hour trip go fast when I can watch HGTV (or whatever else) the entire flight! :) One thing I would suggest would be to bring your own headphones - the little ones they give out tend to hurt my ears.

We are flying SONG again in august. I am trying to get airfare for a trip next april, but because it's spring break AND Easter, each ticket (round trip) is over $600! :faint:

The lime green DIS color of the planes is also nice! :)

Jill

JESW said:
We have been flying SONG and have not had any problems. I like how you can pick your seats on-line and I think now you can even get your boarding pass on-line before you fly...??

Yes, they do sell food and it's not so bad. Are you flying out of Boston? If so, you will be using the new Delta terminal....it was a little confusing last time we flew in April. They are supposed to have more food places so maybe you can purchase something to bring on board.

The little tv's are GREAT! I don't like to fly but it sure makes the just-under 3 hour trip go fast when I can watch HGTV (or whatever else) the entire flight! :) One thing I would suggest would be to bring your own headphones - the little ones they give out tend to hurt my ears.

We are flying SONG again in august. I am trying to get airfare for a trip next april, but because it's spring break AND Easter, each ticket (round trip) is over $600! :faint:

The lime green DIS color of the planes is also nice! :)

Jill
I have the earphones from my ipod...yes I am flying out of Logan. being in terminal B for American...there are remodeling that one now to. Its about time!!!
do they have leather seats? which I love...
I liked being able to view my seats...I got 5c and 6c...which is like sitting in first class on American...I do not like being in back!

Love flying with Song. We've been flying Song since 2003, out of Boston. My dh is 6'4" tall and although he is a little cramped, he manages okay. He always sits on the aisle so he can stretch easily or get up and move around without bothering dd and myself. We love the tv's. We get a movie for my dd and by the time it is over, we are almost in Orlando. We have gotten both breakfast and lunch/dinner. They were fine. But, we are looking forward to trying out the breakfast options in the new Delta terminal in 11 days.
We like the leather seats. Very comfy. And we all bring along our own headphones. I can't abide those little ear plug ones.
We will continue flying Song as long as their prices are competitive and we get to where we are going pretty much on-time.

I hate Delta...worst...airline...ever. It feels like they don't even service their planes. Everytime I've flown Delta, I can hear the plane shimmy and shudder like an old used car. It was so bad, that about two years ago I gave up entirely, and I refuse to fly Delta now, no matter how much cheaper they may be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter