Your Experience to Reserve FastPasses

Pappy Tom

"Love, or the lack of it." ... Mr. Rogers
Just wanted to see everyone's experience with certain ways of obtaining FastPasses 60 days out...
What did you choose and did it work well for you?

- My Disney Experience (MS Internet Explorer or Google Chrome on PC)
- My Disney Experience (on cell phone app)
- Telephone
- Other ways

My 60 day mark is coming soon and wanted to see how best to approach it...
Sorry if this has been previously asked; the search function here doesn't always provide the information you're looking for.
Thanks in advance for any and all responses.

I usually have both the website (using Chrome) and the mobile app up to use. When I did them for our upcoming trip I couldn’t get the website to work at all, but was able to get everything via the mobile app with no problems. I got 10 days worth of FPs in about 40 minutes.

I usually use both Chrome on a Chromebook and the My Disney Experience app on an Android phone. Sometimes if the web site is acting up, the MDE app will still be working.

Since we had 2 linked reservations, we had 2 phones on different accounts reserving FPs for the whole party(we split up who was doing what days). We had no problems and it was fast.

I used chrome this morning with no issues. I actually went into the fp screen a minute early and was unable to get into my 60 day window but I refreshed and it opened up.

Just wanted to see everyone's experience with certain ways of obtaining FastPasses 60 days out...
What did you choose and did it work well for you?

- My Disney Experience (MS Internet Explorer or Google Chrome on PC)
- My Disney Experience (on cell phone app)
- Telephone
- Other ways

My 60 day mark is coming soon and wanted to see how best to approach it...
Sorry if this has been previously asked; the search function here doesn't always provide the information you're looking for.
Thanks in advance for any and all responses.

I concurrently ran MDE on my iPhone 7 and google chrome on my MacBook. It worked fine, only had one hiccup where I got Olaf but I was able to secure all my FP+ wanted on my MacBook.

It was handy to have the app while I got the error Olaf message but didn't use it to actually book any FP+. I also booked my FP+ right at 7am ET.

I can’t say it’s any better than Safari. I know it’s way better than IE. that’s all I have on my computer; IE and Chrome. I rarely have problems with Chrome: if I’m having problems everyone else is and it’s Disney IT not me. I don’t have as much luck with the app.

I used Chrome today. I didn't bother with my phone and was able to get all my FP selections within 10 minutes. Something interesting to note though. I clicked "get started" right at 7:00 on the dot and it told me I was too early. I kept going back out and into it again and it didn't seem to register that it was time yet until 7:02. Don't know why. Oh well.

I noticed several said they used Chrome—does this seem to work better than Safari?

I use Safari and have not had an issue, though I do keep my iPhone handy to use the app if I need to. Never had to do ADR's or FP+ on a Tuesday though, those days are usually rough on any browser and the app.

I used Chrome today. I didn't bother with my phone and was able to get all my FP selections within 10 minutes. Something interesting to note though. I clicked "get started" right at 7:00 on the dot and it told me I was too early. I kept going back out and into it again and it didn't seem to register that it was time yet until 7:02. Don't know why. Oh well.
That's pretty much what it did to me but I finally got in at 7:01

Almost finished making a week's worth of Fastpasses, one day at a time, since we're off-site. On Windows, my favorite to book is Chrome, then Internet Explorer (I really only have it for Disney's site!), then Firefox. My phone (Android with MDE app) is the final back up, but I do prefer modifying on my phone, as I think it lets you see extra times better.

I found the website through Internet Explorer was the most reliable for me, compared to through Chrome or the app. The

This morning I was on Explorer. I was Ethernet connected and not WiFi/data. I had no technical issues.

I booked the most important for each day and went back and added the lesser important. Only issue Slinky Dog was all gone but I planned DS for our first day and others have rightfully taken them all. 🙄

I opened both my mobile app and my laptop. I did get the response that all FPs were reserved for the day in all parks ( this is a common issue ). I logged out of my laptop and tried again. I was able to get in and get most of what I wanted. I went back in about 30 minutes later to try and add 1 more that I hadn't been sure of and got the same response about all FPs being reserved for the day. I then used my mobile and was able to get what I needed.

I was able to get FOP which had been my priority, so I tried to reserve that 1 first and it worked. I also also able to get Frozen Ever After which was another priority. We did not try for Slinky Dog or 7 Dwarfs.

Safari on my MacBook. Worked perfectly (I mean my computer worked perfectly, couldn't get all of the Fps that I wanted, but I came close!).

We just booked ours this week, we planned on one of us on the phone (Android) and website and the other person on a laptop and the website(not on the app) had a little trouble with the laptop and used 2 phones
One us signed in under one sign-on with all info linked as friends and family and the other one logged in under a different sign-on. Same resort reservation. This worked
great we had one little hiccup exactly at 7 with Olaf popping up but right after that we were able to get pretty much everything except for Slinky Dog.
I'd been so stressed about this day and kept checking beforehand to make sure everything looked correct in the app and on the website as far as all of our names reservations and tickets / Magic bands showing up correctly.

said it many times before and agree with many of the posters.
have your phone and laptop/computer open at the same time. I guess i was lucky enough that at times throughout my scheduling process both ways were experiencing technical issues so it took me much longer than i would have hoped.

if you need to log out of my disney experience on your laptop, take that time to get as far as you can on your phone. if your phone starts acting up then just switch back.

don't wait until the phone lines open up and to call and wait on hold to get through...that's a hassle and a lot of wasted time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter