Your fave table service restaurants?

baseballnut

Mouseketeer
We have the dining plan for 7 nights and need to make a few more ADRs. What do you recommend?

We already have Cinderella's Royal Table, Chef Mickey for breakfast, Tusker House and Hollywood & Vine. We need two more. Maybe three, because we're not sure about the food at Tusker House.

We've done Crystal Palace and may do that again. Not a fan of the food at Akershus. Any non-character meals we should do?

Thanks!

We loved the food at Tusker House, it was the best breakfast we had there (honestly the food at CRT wasn't very good for breakfast).
We also loved Le Cellier. Very good food and the kids enjoyed their food as well.

We're also looking at Sci-Fi (but that may be difficult with a group of three, unless you request one of the back or sideways tables), and Garden Grill (character dinner).

What about Liberty Tree Tavern or the Plaza in MK? Coral Reef or GG in EP? Yak & Yeti at AK (to replace Tusker House, maybe)?

Also, depending on which resort you are staying at, you might consider lunch or early post-nap dinner at one of the resort restaurants. We're staying at the YC, and are adding Beaches and Cream and Cape May (breakfast) to our list.

I love the food at Tusker house - yes the do have some out of the ordinary stuff, but they have regular stuff, too.

Garden Grill is my favorite (but it's character).

You don't have any World Showcase restaurants listed. In Mexico you get to eat by a volcano, Germany buffet fun with a show, Japan has flames at the table, lol. Pick by food type or atmosphere and I don't think you can go wrong!

We loved the food at Tusker House, it was the best breakfast we had there (honestly the food at CRT wasn't very good for breakfast). We also loved Le Cellier. Very good food and the kids enjoyed their food as well.

With our timing we were going for lunch there, and DH isn't the most adventurous eater. Maybe we can do the breakfast instead. Thanks!

We're also looking at Sci-Fi (but that may be difficult with a group of three, unless you request one of the back or sideways tables), and Garden Grill (character dinner). What about Liberty Tree Tavern or the Plaza in MK? Coral Reef or GG in EP? Yak & Yeti at AK (to replace Tusker House, maybe)? Also, depending on which resort you are staying at, you might consider lunch or early post-nap dinner at one of the resort restaurants. We're staying at the YC, and are adding Beaches and Cream and Cape May (breakfast) to our list.

Thanks, I'll look into those!

And we're staying at Pop, so we will definitely be sting there.

I love the food at Tusker house - yes the do have some out of the ordinary stuff, but they have regular stuff, too. Garden Grill is my favorite (but it's character). You don't have any World Showcase restaurants listed. In Mexico you get to eat by a volcano, Germany buffet fun with a show, Japan has flames at the table, lol. Pick by food type or atmosphere and I don't think you can go wrong!

I know the least about Epcot, so will definitely check those out. And Garden Grill. Maybe I skipped that one because of the characters? But thanks!

My kids loved the character dining. But they also loved the Coral Reef, we had a table right next to the aquarium, it was a very enjoyable meal for all.

I think my favorite meal was Saana, at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We watched giraffes, antelope, wildebeast, cranes, etc. while we ate. The food was very good. My kids are not big fans of typical kids menus (nuggets, burgers, etc.) so they will try some more adventurous thing.

I think GG is good just for the experience (to say you ate in a revolving restaurant overlooking the Land). And since you are on the dining plan, that is one of the more expensive one-credit meals, so you will get your money's worth. When doing the dining plan, it definitely helps to load up on character meals if you're looking to get the most bang for your buck.

Whispering Canyon, 50's cafe, Rainforest Cafe our some of our favorites besides others that you have mentioned.
We love Tuskerhouse for breakfast, it's a must do every trip!

My kids loved the character dining. But they also loved the Coral Reef, we had a table right next to the aquarium, it was a very enjoyable meal for all. I think my favorite meal was Saana, at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We watched giraffes, antelope, wildebeast, cranes, etc. while we ate. The food was very good. My kids are not big fans of typical kids menus (nuggets, burgers, etc.) so they will try some more adventurous thing.

Sounds perfect! Thanks much!

We really enjoyed Marrakesh at Epcot (in Morocco). The food is amazing and there are belly dancers. Kids are welcome/encourage to join in. We are going back in November for 3 days and its on our list of must eats!
The atmosphere at Coral Reef is really fun, but I found the food to be just meh.
If you are planning on hitting Downtown Disney, Raglan Road is super fun and the food is good.
Have a great trip!

We're also looking at Sci-Fi (but that may be difficult with a group of three, unless you request one of the back or sideways tables)

We are a group of three and we sat in one of the cars. Two of us sat in one row and one in the back.

We like the Tusker house breakfast, crystal palace breakfast, liberty tree tavern, sci-fi dine in, 50's prime time cafe.

We are doing:

Dinner at San Angel Inn
Lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern
Lunch at Hollywood & Vine
Breakfast at O'hana
Dinner at Chef Mickeys

For us, Ohana is a must every trip. We go for dinner and not the character breakfast.

Ohana during the fireworks is a favorite for our family. It helps take the string out of the price tag that my daughters can eat their weight in shrimp.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter