Your favorite 2 bedroom?

IandGsmom

Just another crazy Disney lady
Just found out my parents will be going to WDW with us next August. I still have a couple of months till I get to make my 7 month reservation...can you tell me which 2 bedroom is YOUR favorite? I am trying to see my options and would like opinions:) Thanks.

Old Key West, because it is the largest and has the nicest and largest balconies.

Are there any children? If it is just two couples, you might also look at BCV or BWV. The location can't be beat and it is nice for the second bedroom to have a small sofa for the the other couple to relax on. But if you have a couple children going with you I would agree with OKW for the amount of room. If you are just asking which rooms are better, I would probably go with OKW too.

OKW is nice because you can always get two queen beds in the second bedroom, even if it is a lockoff. Then your parents could have their morning coffee in their own room if they like. Plus they could come and go as they like with the second entrance. Just make sure you request a lockoff two bedroom.

thanks everyone. I wasn't even thinking about OKW, my DH really wanted BCV when it was just us and the kids (twin 13 yr old boys) but now that my parents are coming, we are more open to other resorts. We will not have our own transportation and will be on the dining plan, if that makes a difference in peoples opinion.
The resorts we have stayed at in WDW are CR, CBR, BC, POP, and POR. This would be our first trip home even though our home resorts are VGC and Aulani.

If doing the Dining plan I would recommend either Beach Club Villas or Boardwalk, simply because you have access to more restaurants.

Just something to think about, a treehouse villa is the same points as a two bedroom at SSR and has three bedrooms. A queen in the master bedroom, queen in the second bedroom and bunks for the twins in the third.

Just something to think about, a treehouse villa is the same points as a two bedroom at SSR and has three bedrooms. A queen in the master bedroom, queen in the second bedroom and bunks for the twins in the third.

I was thinking about trying to get this but I have been thinking about 2 things...

the whole transportation thing.. My mom cant walk as much as the rest of us and will prob need a scooter. I have read the THV are best is you have a car.

Another thing is I will be reserve this at 7 months and it seems like the THV go the fastest:( What do you think?

Both were awesome, but Kidani has the 3rd Bathroom!

3rd BR, Would probably come in handy with 13 year old twins and parents!

Enjoy your trip!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

3 bathrooms at AKL and BLT would be a plus for the kids. Easy access to DDP restaurants at BCV, BWV and Epcot would be a plus for BCV and BWV. My DH uses a scooter and he likes the ease of getting to Epcot and DHS on the scooter from BWV (he hates taking the scooter on the buses). If you are comfortable letting your boys swim at SAB without you watching them every minute, then BCV may be a great choice.

I was thinking about trying to get this but I have been thinking about 2 things...

the whole transportation thing.. My mom cant walk as much as the rest of us and will prob need a scooter. I have read the THV are best is you have a car.

Another thing is I will be reserve this at 7 months and it seems like the THV go the fastest:( What do you think?

I believe in Aug. you have a good chance at 7 months of getting a treehouse and they have several that have wheelchair ramps instead of stairs up to the treehouse. The bus system in and out is good we never spent more than five minutes waiting on a bus during presidents week this past Feb. its worth looking into.

Our favorite over all is definitely OKW, but it does depend on if you need the extra bathroom or not. If you do, then I'd go AKV. It will be small and cramped and fewer real beds, but you'll have the bathroom space.

I really doubt the treehouses would be available.

The 2 BR atrium view rooms at the VWL. The layouts are nicer and walking out into the atrium lobby is priceless.

With twin 13 year olds I'd consider the Treehouse Villas.

OR

If you have enough points, I would go for a GV (grand villa) at OKW. They are fabulous! Everyone would have their own bed and bathroom. For a week you would need about 100 more points than a 2-bedroom at BCV. But I think that the space and set up would be well worth it. Or maybe you could shorten your stay by one night. Then the points are pretty comparable.

I think Kidani's 2 bedrooms are the best on property. We unanimously liked Kidani better than THV. We have not done a 2 bedroom at BLT or VWL but out of the others, Kidani is our favorite.

My favorite 2 bedroom was a dedicated 2 bedroom in Kidani that had a savannah view.

Bobbi:goodvibes

We love OKW due to the space.With 2 teenagers it makes a big difference having room to spread out. We stayed at BLT in a 2 BR and the 3rd BR was nice but it did not make up for the lack of space.

2BR at BLT. You get the 3rd bathroom, and can use the monorail to get to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot - only have to bus it to 2 parks instead of 4 if you stay at OKW or AKV.

Stayed last year with my family of 4, my parents, and my sister's family - a total of 9 of us, and it was GREAT to have the 3rd bathroom!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter