Your favourite 3 rides at DLP? Past or present

stonfiesta

Yoda Rules
As titled.........mine would have to be......

1) Pirates of the caribbean.....even though i hate the 2 drops its still my favourite. Love the whole atmosphere of the ride, even the queue(sp?) is very good (apart from all the pushers mind).

2) Buzz Lightyear.......love the idea of shooting at all the targets brings added fun to the ride, Very good.

3) Peter Pan.......excellent ride even for adults, the flying over london scene is superb with the music playing.

come on then......tell us what you like.

oo good question...
yes i love pirates of the caribbean too - its far superior to the US ones IMO
i adore big thunder mountain too. again its bigger and better than the US versions.
thirdly i would go for, hmm...possibly peter pan, though its gone really dark for some reason lol. u cant see a thing in there these days haha... otherwise it would have to be phantom manor.

D.

Nice Post for me think its gotta be

1. Rock n Roller Coaster ( Love the Music and the Speed)

2.Space Mountain Mission 2 ( Awesome)

3. Big Thunder Mountain ( Good Family ride for all ages great Themeing)

Oooh this is a good question. Now we've only been once so far so my choice could change after we've been again in November!

1. It's A Small World - Our DS who was 21 months when we last went really, really loved his ride and I must say I am soooooooooo looking forward to seeing his little face this year when we go on it again. It's such a magical ride :goodvibes .

2. Buzz Lightyear - Love this ride, we're all big Buzz Lightyear fans!!

I don't really have a number 3! Big Thunder Mountain was closed when we went so I've yet to experience that one. Space Mountain and Aerosmith were good but I did find my ears suffered a lot from being bashed from side to side!! I do love all the big rollercoasters but can't say there are any there that I really raved about.

Tracy x

Hmmm, it's a hard one:

1. Phantom Manor - the perfect piece of theming for the most wonderful land at WDW. The match of the West and the etherial. It pluses my favorite rides from the US and adds much more flair with the score. Perfect in lmost every way. Any stupid park can build a coaster, or have people walking around in furry costumes. But PM epitomises what used to be the Disney Difference.

2. Pirates of the Caribbean - as a boy growing up in California, this was my favorite. In Paris, it grew up, and again it's surroundings, the queue and state of the Art AA's make this a work of art!!!!

3. Space Mountain au la terre de la lune - before Disney destroyed it, this was not a coaster, it was indeed a transportation decide to a different time and place. A themed ride into Victorian outerspace beyond compare, with a riveting soundtrack and a beautiful queue. Now Mission 2 points how far Disney are falling.

Also honourable mention to Star Tours, Cinemagique, Lights Motors Action, Buffalo Bills, Tarzan Le Recountre, and the Mulan stage show.

1) Big Thunder Mountain

2) Pirates of the Caribbean

3) Phantom Manor

Mine are

1) Big Thunder Mountain

2) Pirates of the Caribbean

3) Phantom Manor

1st: Pirates - I can't explain how much I love this ride. It really is near perfect! The only thing that would make it better would be bigger drops! Though having said that my girlfriend wouldn't come on it if they were bigger so maybe it's better as it is!

2nd: Thunder Mountain - Awesome ride. I love the mine parts of the ride, in the dark it's impossible to judge how fast you're going so it fells like you're doing 100mph!!!

3rd: Space Mountain (original) - The original was awesone, I used to love the moon in it! I like the new version to but it's not as good. The ride is starting to get too bumpy for my liking, it badly needs some maintenance! 'Back in the day' it was the smoothest coaster around!

If I could have a 4th choice it would be Phantom Manor. It's breaktaking from the outside and the attention to detail is awesome. Look up at the windows at night and you will notice some ghostly figures!!! I wish they'd bring back the old Vincent Price voice-over! It's not quite the same in French!

Going with young kids - so no coasters.

1. Pirates - adult ride that I can bring my baby on. Fast moving line!!!

2. Buzz - so fun.

3. Casey Jr. great coaster feel with a baby.

Also not a ride, but - Playgrounds - my DDs love both of these. One DD always makes a friend and gets to let off some steam & no lines at all!!!

Can you tell I don't like standing in line. I know Peter Pan is a great ride, but even standing in line to get the FP gets to me. And I just cringe looking at the line. So not a favorite.

Only 3, this is so hard :confused3
In no particular order
Big Thunder Mountain, Phantom Manor, Pirates of the Caribbean and Buzz Lightyears Lazer Blast.

I know that's 4 but I said it was hard. Agree with Happy Tappy, would love to be able to hear the English narration, Vincent Price's is superb and I don't think it's just down to translation more that French is too "soft" a language to sound menacing and sinister, VP's has that quality. At least they kept his laugh. :scared1:

1) Pirates of the Caribbean (I love POTC, I get all woozy when I get near it)!

2) Phantom Manor (Everything about it is perfect)!

3) Big Thunder Mountain (Worth the long wait? Dunno, but when I see Kaite's face light up. You bet!)

Honourable mention to Peter Pan.

Mine are...
1. Small World (i love it!!!!) :cheer2:
2. Pirates pirate:
3. Peter Pan :hug:

Going on the 17th and can't wait! My faves are..rock and roller coaster, star tours and phantom manor. Big thunder mountain was closed when we went last year so looking forward to doing that. Tower of terror is my Florida fave so wonder how the dlp will compare?:)

I love reading this thread, its making me so excited to go in Dec. OMG do they have a Captain EO ride??? From the Michael Jackson movie. I thought it was closed. Pleaseeeeee say they have!! LOL

EDIT: awwww nooo i just saw on a website that it closed in 1998. Damn, thats Caption EO and the Moonwalker ride in America that i've missed.

luv
#ashleigh#

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter