Your favourite restaurant and what to eat there

nicola

<font color=deeppink>Tinkerbell<br><font color=gre
Hi all,

Thanks to everyone who answered my previous postings! Will definitely be booking our Christmas trip as soon as available-will probably stay at SL. My next question is regarding our upcoming trip on May 22 (staying at HNY). Was wondering if you all had to pick one restaurant to eat at what would it be and what would you order? Hope to have lots of responses as would like to plan a few really special meals.

Rather than write it up here again, here's a link to my restaurant reviews. Go Here If you have any questions about specific dishes or anything else, feel free to ask. :flower:

Café Mickey has a delicous vegetarian dish called Pocahontas Pasta. It's coloured tagliatelli with a cream sauce, several vegetables and forest mushrooms. :lovestruc

Hi Nicola,

Gosh here are so many wonderful restaurants at DLP it is hard to pick a favourite. Here are some I enjoyed and the reasons why :)

Auberge de Cendrillon - wonderful decor of Cinderalla's story (her carriage is just outside), with fantastic food and possibly the best dessert I have ever tasted, the white chocolate slipper! Yummy!

Blue Lagoon Restaurant - this is situated just next to the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. The riders shout "Bon Appetit!" occasionally which adds to the experience I think. It is quite dark, very atmospheric and the food (seafood in particular) is outstanding

Annette's Diner - cheaper than those above but really good fun, nice light atmosphere, we didn;t see anyone rollerskating but I think they do (the waitresses). Menu was what I would call "American" but I had the most delicious milk shake ever there.

At the Hotel New York I really liked the look of the Parkside Diner but didn;t manage to get a table there unfortunately.

I agree with others it is really hard to pick one favourite :) but based on what the kids enjoy both food and the whole experience then it has got to be Annette's Dinner.
From the shared Nachos platter starter through to the enormous sweets we have such a happy time :goodvibes

Reid

Thats a hard one :cool1:

Manhatten Restaurant, take the menu its great

2603.jpg

2610.jpg

as mentioned before:
Annetts Diner

2210.jpg

http://www.dlrp.spantig.net/5435.jpg

King Ludwigs Castle
0267.jpg

0269.jpg

Greets Renate :wizard:

Miffy2003 said:
Blue Lagoon Restaurant - this is situated just next to the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. The riders shout "Bon Appetit!" occasionally which adds to the experience I think. It is quite dark, very atmospheric and the food (seafood in particular) is outstanding

Blue Lagoon for us too - in fact it's our favourite restaurant ion the whole world! It's so much better than the version they have in Tokyo, which is a big huge open plan restaurant, called The Blue Bayou.

The fact that it is housed and themed along with my favourite ride is a big bonus but even as a stand alone restaurant it is superb. It's the ultimate restaurant for a romantic meal but equally as much fun if have kids with you.

The setting is exquisite as you sit in amongst palm trees and by the beach. It's a piece of extra paradise in paradise - if that makes any sense? It's fun watching the boats go by and they are subtle to enough to add to the atmosphere rather than overwhelm it.

The food is second to none in the park, for us anyway. As lovers of seafood it never fails to impress. Emperor fish, tiger prawns, red snapper, tuna - the list goes on! Plus they have some great cocktails (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) to give it that complete 'Caribbean experience'.

What better way to finish off the occasion than with a post-meal ride on Pirates of the Caribbean and a look around Le Coffre du Capitaine which is finally stocking more Pirates of the Caribbean merchandise rather than just generic pirate stuff.

The Blue Lagoon - the ultimate dining experience! It's one of the things I am looking forward to most when we go back to DLRP in July. We've had some fantastic meals there in the past and have eaten there on my 30th birthday as well as on our honeymoon. I can't compliment this restaurant enough - though I had a good try :goodvibes

For a casual but tasty meal alongside live country music and dancing, :rockband: try Billy Bob's ribs (at the Village), in the evening. They also have a Tex Mex buffet, if you prefer a bigger meal.

From someone's suggestion we tried the cheeseburgers at the Hotel New York's Parkside Diner, and we were not dissappointed. They have been quoted as the best in the resort, if you must have one.

For a character meal for the kiddies, I would recommend the Lucky Nugget Saloon over Cafe Mickey. Except for the view of the lake the latter offers, the former has better service, a variety of dishes buffet-style, and live jazz music, at least during lunch time.

Bon appetit!! :drinking:

The Auberge de Cendrillon is my favourite. The risotto's out of this world, and the slipper desert is so lovely :)

Also the Nemo's Favourite starter at Cafe Mickey. It's huge, enough for a main course, and so delicious!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter