your favourite souvenirs

toony

DIS Veteran
Hi everybody! :wave2:

What's your favourite souvenir?

My absolutely favourite and the most precious thing I've bought in DLRP is a wonderful Pinocchio music box about 2 years ago. I saw her in the Newport Bay Club souvenir shop (sorry for that unprofessionel and un-dis-ish appellation, but i forgot the name of the shop) and i felt in love with her. My mum collects music boxes and I really wanted to give her the box as a present for Christmas, but that was way too expensive for me (Student, no job). So I called my dad and he shared the costs with me. I was so lucky and my mum said that the box is the highlight of her collection. So though i don't own the music box, i love her and often look at her and let the music play more than my mum does.
If you wind her up, the fish starts swimming in circles. That is so cute.

Here it is:
I post this link to my gallery because i could'nt post pictures and haven't got a clue why it doesn't work. I've tested that several times. :guilty:
The quality of some pics is not so well. Sorry for that.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=23589&size=big&sort=2&cat=500

Everytime I go I buy one of those little figures you can hang on your mobile. Well, my mobile is so old you can`t put anything on it so there are Chip and the Green Alien from ToyStory swinging in my car now. And I love the pyjamas at DLP that come in a bag for 25€. But wait until I get a job and go there for my next visit, I will have a much longer list of favourite souvenirs :rotfl:
Oh, and I have a very special one I didn`t buy as souvenir but it came with a coke last year:it`s in Mickeyshape and you can put it on your belt and stick a bottle of coke in it so you don`t have to carry the bottle which is very handy during summer! :thumbsup2
That is really a very cute music box, great present! :goodvibes

We have absolutely stacks of stuff from DLP cos the kids and me tend to go a little crazy in the shops so it is hard to pick out just one thing.
I am mickey mad and make the most of the shopping because there never seems to be much mickey stuff in the shops in the UK.

If I have to choose one, it has to be a beautiful large ornament of the castle, which my husband and kids brought me as a surprise birthday present when we were there this year. :teeth:

This is my favourite souvenir. She is now almost 5 years old and she is still my number one! princess: :cloud9:

My favourite souvenirs are my pins, my parade CDs and my cuddly Eyeore toys that DH buys me each trip.

My Tic and Tac plushes that bf bought me earlier this year, I like the French names more than Chip and Dale ;)

What a lovely music box for your mum, toony, and a very beautiful Belle, Marcus. :goodvibes

I always get a new fridge magnet (hence the tag the tag fairy bestowed on me;) ) and at least one new Tshirt.

My two favourite souvenirs from DLRP are a Fantasia snowglobe and an ornament of the castle (sounds the same as yours mickey66) :)

Probably a bit sad this, but the only souvenir I have (or want) is the POTC keyring I got the first time we went - leather strap with a pewter skull'n'crossbones. Cost E3 but is irreplaceable and so its priceless.

We have a Aristocat music globe which we brought in September from the Hotel New York.

It would have to be my "From Sketch to Reality" that the family got me for my birthday this year, knowing that I really wanted it but wouldn't spend that amount of money on a book. :)

@ all : Nice souvenirs!

@ Markus.ka: What a very pretty Belle. Is that a music box, too?

@ Jillrobinson and Cyrano: :guilty: Never heard of that book: from SKetch to Reality. Sounds interesting to me. Is it about how the animated cartoons and movies have been developed in general or about a special movie? I should check that one out when I'm in DlRP in November.

i also collect the music globes, i have a rare one that was imported from america of the 'its a small world' i also have about 15 other large ones and about 10 smaller ones, from US and Paris. Everyhtime we go i also get a few more pins... :cheer2:

toony said:
@ Jillrobinson and Cyrano: :guilty: Never heard of that book: from SKetch to Reality. Sounds interesting to me. Is it about how the animated cartoons and movies have been developed in general or about a special movie? I should check that one out when I'm in DlRP in November.

dlpbookcover.jpg

and a little bit about the book at http://www.startedbyamouse.com/emporium/DLPbook.shtml :goodvibes

this might not work but will try to post photo got photo bucket but not sure how to put it on here

@ stargatebarbie
Nice collection. I could imagine the difficulty! But i would have choosen the lovely Tinkerbell on the bottom shelf (after only wondering for 3 hours :rotfl: !)

@jillrobinson
:) thanks for the link. Now I'm sure i had to examine it :magnify: in November.

My favourite souvenir is the little Beauty and the Beast musical box I bought on my first trip. They are little 'crystal' figures on a mirrored musical box base and it plays the theme whilst they spin round. I really love it. There's so little B & B stuff though.

Hi

My favourtite souvenirs would be my mickey plates I bought from DLP.

I love my clock and Mickey Mouse wedding figurines we bought in WDW. To tell you the truth I prefered the merchandise in FL. There was more to choose from.

Mine would certainly be pins but which one changes. At the moment it is the first Jumbo pin issued by Dlrp.
photo1-1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter