Your First Concert?

I'll swallow my embarrassment and admit that the first concert I went to was Richard Marx with my then boyfriend (now DH) at the amphitheater outside of Pittsburgh. We had $10 lawn seats and thought it was soooo romantic to dance on the lawn to Endless Summer Nights and Right Here Waiting. :laughing:::yes:::rolleyes: I think we were 17 or 18.

U2 in September 1987. They played at the old JFK Stadium (where US Live Aid was held), and Bruce Springsteen came out and sang with the band during one of the encores. The only time I have camped out overnight for tickets to a concert....*and* when the concert was over as I was making my way out of the stadium I found a thick gold chain on the ground that I wound up selling for 200 bucks, so the concert was essentially free. It was a fabulous show-at the last encore they played the rare "Party Girl," before playing "40," which is how you know the show was a good one.

You can hear me after Rebel Rebel and Diamond Dogs. ;)

I saw Blues hockey at the St.Louis Arena. It may have been called The Checkerdome at the time.

Was Boston still around in 1987? I guess I had lost interest by then.

Yeah, I saw a ton of games & other events there. Boston broke up late 70's after their 2nd album & reunited in 1987 for album #3. Oddly enough, they're playing our local fair in August. No idea who their lead singer will be since Brad Delp committed suicide recently.

My first concert was Kiss in 1979. It was general admission and no assigned seats. It was crazy. Everyone wanted to get close to the stage. I went with my sister.

My first concert was AC/DC and it was an awesome show! I think is was 1983. This opened the gateway to many other 80's rock concerts for me.

Rick Springfield early 80s my two older sisters took me and my younger sister. It was so much fun I was so in love with him. I can't even remember how old I was 13 or 14 maybe?

I wanted to go see him again this winter when he was in our area but my younger sister couldn't make it. I hope he makes it back this way again!

May 21,1977, my very first concert was Elvis. I was 8 yrs old. At the time I was pretty sure that Elvis was my real dad because my mom loved him SO much and my father tried his best to look like him, sideburns and all. I thought he was just some sort of a stand-in to keep mom safe until Elvis dad finally came home. :rolleyes:

He died not long after and I was devastated. :sad1:

backstreet boys into the millennium tour feb 14th 2000 at the pepsi arena in Albany, ny I was 15

Do you remember your first rock/country/whatever concert? Mine was David Bowie in 1974. He released a double live album from it.....David Bowie Live at The Tower Theatre, Philadelphia. (Actual location of the theatre is Upper Darby, PA). You could probably hear my applause on the album. ;) The first of about 5 times I saw Bowie over the years. I may have bought a T-shirt, but really don't remember. And the concert probably cost less than 10 bucks. Went with my older brother and a few of his friends. My father called David Bowie a "fruitcake." And my mother said he looks like he's the Living Dead.

Anybody else remember and care to share? If you're too embarrassed to say that The Bay City Rollers or NKOTB was your first concert, that's OK. What's the first you care to admit?
That is my all time favorite album. I got it when if first came out. Still play the CD's daily.

Rick Springfield 1982 at Providence Civiv Center. My friends dad took us. I was only 12 but remember it well :)

Whitney Houston 1986 ish. Kenny G opened.

OMG, I forgot. I took my sister to see Menudo in '84 or so. That was actually my first concert. Ugh, the U2 story was cooler.

Aerosmith....it was sometime in the late 80's.

Second concert was New Kids on the Block at a now-extinct club in Boston-sometime in 1989

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter