Your go to on heavy crowd days?

cwbronco

Earning My Ears
Looking at projected crowd sizes over our up coming trip, it looks like one day is expected to be a heavy crowd day. What do you like to do on heavy crowd days? We will be in the park for five days so I'm not too worried what we get done that day.

I agree with an early start. On busy days we aim for rope drop, ride what we can until about noon (which still ends up being a lot), then go back and hit the pool for the afternoon while the parks get busier. Sometimes we go back, but sometimes we take that time to enjoy Downtown Disney. My kids love to bowl, so Splitsville (if it’s open) is fun. Usually we try and make it an early night too, so we can rope drop again.

On a five 5 trip, I wouldn't hesitate to spend noon to 6pm taking a break at the hotel. If you don't want to leave, afternoon is a good time to ride the boats along the river or explore the island. Don't put too must trust in crowd calendars though, especially right now.

Personally, I don’t really sweat busy days or change my strategy too much, especially when we do 5 day trips. I’ll probably avoid the slowest queues on busy days (Space Mtn, Peter Pan) and pay a little more attention to wait times. Otherwise, I’d just enjoy your day. 👍🏼

Busy days used to mean more street performances. Not sure if that has returned yet or not, but if so it’s a great chance to catch the Dapper Dans, Bootstrappers Pirate Band, Tiana singing Jazz and lots of other performances. It always brought more life to the park for me.

Busy days are usually my shopping days and a chance to find fun treats. I don’t sweat rides on really busy days, maybe pick a few. Explore fun details of the parks that are missed by most people, ie windows on Main Street, Snow White’s wishing well, walk around Pirates Lair on Tom Sawyers Island.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter