Your honest opinion of Coronado Springs....PLEEEEZE!!!!!

ThruTheEyesOfMyChild

Character is moral & ethical strength; it's the ab
My DD (8yo) and I stayed at POR last summer and CBR the summer before that. We are giving Coronado Springs a try this August! HONEST OPINIONS PLEEEEEZE!!!! We spend every other day of our 10 day vaca at the resort...pool time!!!! So that is kinda important to us! I booked a double, non-smoking, 2nd floor, water view room...if that helps anyone! Thanks in advance!:thumbsup2

My DD (8yo) and I stayed at POR last summer and CBR the summer before that. We are giving Coronado Springs a try this August! HONEST OPINIONS PLEEEEEZE!!!! We spend every other day of our 10 day vaca at the resort...pool time!!!! So that is kinda important to us! I booked a double, non-smoking, 2nd floor, water view room...if that helps anyone! Thanks in advance!:thumbsup2

First, all rooms are now non-smoking at WDW. I've stayed at CSR and it's not my first choice. I'm a POFQ fan, but DBF needs a fitness center so we are staying at CSR.

If your daughter is a water slide fan, she'll love the slide at CSR.

You'll love the main pool area at CSR! It's great!!

Check out this thread.
http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=24698392&postcount=509

eaqyk9.jpg

Check out this thread for pics.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1695354

My kids love CSR and the dig site! we have stayed at every moderate resort over the years and they cannot get enough of the pool at CSR. We also spend time at the pool area and its the 1st thing they want to do when we check in there.. have fun..

i think you will like CSR. the rooms are nice and the pool is great. my only reason for not being at the top of my return list are the food court and the bus stops. i'm not much for multiple bus stops and crossing the parking lots in heavy down pours was not fun and felt a little unsafe at times. the food court to me is confusing the way it is setup. i prefer to get all my stuff and then pay; here you keep a tally of what you order and then pay on your way out. the food was just okay and very costly.

Go to Buzz' website and watch the video

If you want my opinion click on the link in my signature for my review

I agree with the others. The pool area is awesome!

But that aside, we won't return because we

didn't feel the Disney 'magic' there. In fact, we didn't feel like we were in

Disney at all. Its independantly owned and a convention resort, so it

was definitely noticable that they catered to the business people

rather than the 'park' goers.....and we saw LOTS of suits walking around,

made me feel like I was at a convention rather than Disney World! Also, the

food court was good but we didn't appreciate the automatic gratuity since

no one did anything to warrant it. :sad2:

Keep in mind, this was over 8 years ago ('99), so hopefully things have improved

but, unfortunately, that one visit turned us off to it completely now, great pool or not.

Our family loves CSR! Lots of magic at the resort in our opinion. The CM's are great and always helpful, cheery and looking to make your stay magical. You won't be disappointed.

The transportation is very good, some of the best we've experienced at WDW.

The pool is fun for all ages and has a playground too.

No issues for us with the conventioneers.

We absolutely LOVE CSR!!! The grounds are beautiful, the pool and slide are great fun (and we spend a lot of time at the pool in the afternoon), the bus service is very good and not shared with other resorts, Pepper Market has a lot of variety of good food, the lobby is very pretty and the staff is very friendly!!! Well, I guess you know how I feel...:goodvibes

We love CSR!

We have seen conventioneers but they are so polite. That has never bothered me. We've also seen them at the GF, the Yacht Club, and the Contemporary because those are also convention hotels.

My daughter received towel animals every day.

The staff is hands down the best at WDW that we've seen. We have stayed at every mod and deluxe onsite and CSR CMs beat them at being helpful and polite.

There is an automatic 10% gratuity because the servers bring your drinks. Heck I pay 15% for take out meals, so this doesn't bother me in the least. The food at the Pepper Market is so good it doesn't seem taste like a food court food. The portions are really large.

My daughter LOVES the pool and she's 14. Now, she loves the hair salon and gym too :).

The resort is large and it can be quite a walk depending upon where you are. However, we love the walk because the landscaping is out of this world gorgeous. There are internal shuttles if you don't want to walk.

On our last trip, 2 weeks ago, we stayed at the Poly and at Saratoga Springs. In February, we stayed at the GF. After those trips, I thought that my daughter would never want to stay at a mod again. She surprised me the other day by asking if we could please stay at CSR on our next trip because no other Disney hotel can compare with her favorite-CSR.

If we can't book CSR, we're staying at the Swan or Dolphin.

I agree with the others. The pool area is awesome!

But that aside, we won't return because we

didn't feel the Disney 'magic' there. In fact, we didn't feel like we were in

Disney at all.

I agree. We also didn't have that Disney "feeling" at this resort. The themeing was not us. We stayed there the first year it opened and we were so far from any bus stop we would get in our car and drive to it (it was August and in the 90s). Although, I think they now have some type of resort transportion:confused3 . We preferred Dixie Landings, n/k/a POR, but that's our family's taste. Everyone has different likes/dislikes and Disney has so many choices. I do think it is a good idea to try different places.

CSR is by far our favorite resort!!!
I am headed back in August for a solo trip.
This will be my 5th visit there. We've stayed once in the Cabanas, twice in the Casitas and once in the Ranchos. Our favorite is Casitas.... but all 3 areas are great.
I've never felt they catered to the business crowd... quite the opposite. 3 of the times there were very large conventions there for part of the time and we never had to wait or take a back seat to any of the services. Most times the convention goers were in the meeting rooms or convention center. The buses were empty and the pools quiet and also empty.
We stayed at Contemporary once during a convention... and NEVER again! We couldn't get away from it.
But at CSR it is big enough you don't run into too many of the business people.

Personnally I love the quiet pools better than the big pool. But the kids love the slide and play area at the Dig Site.

And we love the Pepper Market!!!

Have fun... you will love CSR:thumbsup2

We enjoy staying at CSR. We've never had any issue with conventioners; when I do happen to see them, I think, "you poor person, at Disney World and having to WORK!" We think the bus service at CSR is great - we rarely waited more than 10 minutes for a bus and they are hardly ever full.

My oldest was 5 on our trip last Sept and he loved the pool and slide!

My DH offered me the Polynesian this year because we are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. I told him straight out that I would be happier at the CSR--our home away from home. We absolutely love this resort and when our boys traveled with us (they are now 22 and 20 and both in college) it was their FAVORITE resort of the ones we have stayed at. They loved the pool, playground, arcade, volleyball court and the hot tub. They loved walking around the resort and looking for the little lizards. They loved the bike rentals and the boat rentals. We love all of the above and the quietness of the resort. It is absolutely beautiful at night when the sun has gone down and the lights are reflecting off the lake and off the fountains in the Casitas. We have never stayed at any of the moderates--the only one we would give a thought to is POFQ...but we are too happy at the CSR.

We spent our honeymoon there. It is nice and quiet, and was almost un-Disney like to us. We wanted to be able to do parks during the day but leave all that behind for our hotel. The buildings are very spread out, it is a long walk to get anywhere. It is a beautiful resort and we would stay there again but we have a small child now and it would be much too inconvenient.

CSR - Loved it - Loved it - Loved it!

My daughter was your daughter's age when we went last year. She LOVED the Dig Site Pool.

We also loved the food court (Pepper Market). My daughter was at that age where she needed food choices beyond chicken fingers and hot dogs. She loved the chicken and broccoli pasta platters, dessert station at the bakery and chinese food. I loved the mexican grill and the salads.

Yes, we also saw some people in suits (not many)...but it didn't bother me in the least. I work a corporate job and seeing those other ladies in their suits made me feel even more happy that I was in my swimsuit cover-up and flip-flops - on V A C A T I O N! haha People in suits don't factor in for me - maybe not for you, either. Really, I didn't see them except for the times we were in the food court - and they, too, were having a great time :cool1:

The bus service was great. The location of our room was really close to the pool - with a bus stop right behind the building.

I am not sure - but maybe the theming is a little less "Disney" than the others. That's ok with me. I can do without some of it at the resort. The parks are FULL of magic - and what I need out of the resort is some relaxation for me and some fun for my daughter - and easy access to the parks.

Hope this helps. When are you going?

We love CSR!

We have seen conventioneers but they are so polite. That has never bothered me. We've also seen them at the GF, the Yacht Club, and the Contemporary because those are also convention hotels.

My daughter received towel animals every day.

The staff is hands down the best at WDW that we've seen. We have stayed at every mod and deluxe onsite and CSR CMs beat them at being helpful and polite.

There is an automatic 10% gratuity because the servers bring your drinks. Heck I pay 15% for take out meals, so this doesn't bother me in the least. The food at the Pepper Market is so good it doesn't seem taste like a food court food. The portions are really large.

My daughter LOVES the pool and she's 14. Now, she loves the hair salon and gym too :).

The resort is large and it can be quite a walk depending upon where you are. However, we love the walk because the landscaping is out of this world gorgeous. There are internal shuttles if you don't want to walk.

On our last trip, 2 weeks ago, we stayed at the Poly and at Saratoga Springs. In February, we stayed at the GF. After those trips, I thought that my daughter would never want to stay at a mod again. She surprised me the other day by asking if we could please stay at CSR on our next trip because no other Disney hotel can compare with her favorite-CSR.

If we can't book CSR, we're staying at the Swan or Dolphin.

How much is the hair salon? I am taking 2 14 year old girls and a 14 year old boy (trust my sister to have triplets!) and with luggage restrictions they may (horror of all horrors have to go out without using hiar straiteners on their straight hair (that I don't get does anyone speak teenager?)

Another two thumbs up for CSR! Our family has enjoyed CSR as our favorite moderate for the past few years. We love the atmosphere of the resort, it's beautiful at night too. The CM's are the best and the kids love the pool, slide and playground. It's like two vacations in one, very magical! :thumbsup2

Try the margaritas by the pool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter