• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your "Magic" for Other Guests

TiggerificTigger

Mouseketeer
I was listening to a podcast from June 2007, and the crew was answering a question about if the "magic" of Disney wears off when you live so close. I believe both Kevin and Corey mentioned that they enjoy taking photos for other guests so everyone can be included. I absolutely love doing this!! I can just imagine the family/couple looking at the photos later on and it just makes me smile. :goodvibes

This leads me to my question . . . What have you done while at one on the parks or resorts to add some "magic" for other guests? :wizard:

(I am usually a lurker, but this topic just inspired me to post.)

We always buy DD a balloon at some point during our stay - on our last day I take it into the parks with me and we give it to another family for them to enjoy :goodvibes

We are going to DLP in October. I booked the room at Kyriad using the wrong date. Unfortunately for me they would not budge on my mistake.

So I gave the paid room away to a Dis member from the Paris board.

On my last 2 trips, I have been approached by a little girls who were admiring the pins on my lanyard. In both cases, each little girl was thrilled because I had "her" favorite princess on a pin....in both cases, I took the pin off and gave it to her.

On this last time, I was rewarded for it...I was pin trading with a CM at the resort gift shop, and I told him my story of giving my pin to a little girl. After our trade was completed, he gave the pin I traded back to trade again somewhere else because I gave up one.

Pixie Dust flows all around...you just have to look for it sometimes.

We were just there in August and had three cases of water shipped to CBR for us to have during our trip. At the end of the week, we still had about 20 bottles left. We were packing up to go and I heard our neighbors leave their room. I ran out the door to catch them and it was a woman with two little boys. I explained that we had this water and offered it to her. It was their first day and she was thrilled to get it, still cold from our fridge, and promised that if she had any left at the end of their stay she would pay it forward (she probably didn't since it was so hot, but the thought was nice!).

Being able to do this for her instead of just throwing it away took a wee bit of the sting out of leaving.

During our August trip we got caught in a storm mid-morning while at MK. We headed to the Noodle Station area to stay dry and to hand out snacks to the kids. Sitting at a table near us was a pregnant mom with her DH and 2 year old daughter. The daughter was reaching full melt-down status because they had run out of snacks. I quickly offered the mom whatever of our snacks she wanted for her daughter (we had plenty - I'm neurotic!). The mom was SO grateful because it prevented a major tantrum, especially since the rain wasn't letting up anytime soon. It was only a small thing but it felt good to be able to help!

Amanda

Nothing big, but we always share Fast Passes, glow sticks and sealed snacks that we bring in with us.

I always try to be over-courteous to others. I'm a big mean looking guy so I'm not sure some people believe that in reality I'm a teddy bear.

I try to make sure I don't sit or stand in front of any kids.

Always give away fast passes when I can.

Oh, at the end of our last trip to DL we went into Town Hall and filled out Cast Member thank you cards. During the week we made sure to take down the name, home town, ride, and time of when a Cast Member took the time to give us a little extra magic.

Have you ever tried to give away Fast Passes and people look at you like you're crazy??? I've actually had some people turn me down!!! :confused3

On my last trip, I was pregnant and one of our party was too short to ride BTMRR. But we got FP's for everyone anyway. So while everyone else is riding, I'm trying to find someone to give them to.

After a few trys, I finally found a couple that took them. When I told them what had happened, they laughed and said the same thing had happened to them when they try to give their away!

I like the idea of buying a treat for a little kid behind you in line. But I'd be afraid their parent would be upset with me and think I was creepy. :scared1:

I find that when I'm there with my family, I'm usually concentrating on them but when I did my solo trip I've:

Taken pictures for other guests. My favorite was the family reunion picture by the Rose Garden in the Magic Kingdom. When I offered, the woman who was not going to be in the picture gave me a huge hug and told me it was the first time their whole group had been together in 3 years.

I played peek a boo with a small girl (about 3 years old) with her parents permission. They looked exhausted and she kept bugging them to hold her so I asked her parents, they said yes and both the girl and I were entertained!

I helped a Mom who was by herself trying to hold a sleeping child and get a stroller off the bus at POFQ. I asked if she wanted help and when she said yes, I got the stroller off the bus for her and helped her set it up. She was so sweet and wanted to buy me a drink in the food court for helping her. I declined nicely and went on my way.

I regularly give away Fast Passes. This is something I do even when I'm with my family.

Have you ever tried to give away Fast Passes and people look at you like you're crazy??? I've actually had some people turn me down!!! :confused3

On my last trip, I was pregnant and one of our party was too short to ride BTMRR. But we got FP's for everyone anyway. So while everyone else is riding, I'm trying to find someone to give them to.

After a few trys, I finally found a couple that took them. When I told them what had happened, they laughed and said the same thing had happened to them when they try to give their away!

I like the idea of buying a treat for a little kid behind you in line. But I'd be afraid their parent would be upset with me and think I was creepy. :scared1:

I tried to give away a MVMCP party ticket once and had an awful time! We wound up with an extra ticket somehow and I went over to the line of people buying tickets, I offered it to a few people explaining we just wouldn't be using it and didn't want it to go to waste...it took 3 tries before someone finally took it. I guess you just don't expect that and figure there has to be a catch.

During the year of a million dreams we were given dream fast passes to AK. We had already ridden everything except for PrimEVIL whirl which I wanted to try (DH didn't) so I rode with a couple and gave them the passes at the end. They were so blown away. That must have been the best Disney job ever...to hand out dreams all day. I got a taste and it was amazing.

On occassion, when we decide to leave the parks earlier than anticipated, we'll try and give away fast passes. What's difficult for us is to find a family of 3 who look like they could use the passes. Giving fast passes to a family of 4 or more is tough, or giving them to a couple is tough as well. You don't want them to go to waste or you don't want to make a family member unhappy if they don't get one.

We always give away fast passes to the parks "premier" ride...

This year we also bought dinner for a few families (counter service but still dinner) as a "reaward" for being a family filled with Disney Spirit. (One was a family from the UK at Blizzard Beach, the other was a mother/daughter at DHS).

They were both originally suspicious, but we assured them they didn't have to pay or act or dance or anything. It was much fun!

This was more about what a guest services CM did than what I did, but it's something I'm definitely going to do next time I have an ADR to cancel.

We were entering Epcot, and I had a lunch reservation for Le Cellier that we weren't going to need. I usually just call WDW-DINE to cancel ADR's, but we had to stop at guest services anyway for another reason. I explained I had an ADR to cancel and gave her the number. When she saw that it was for Le Cellier, she asked if I was sure I wanted to cancel it, as they were very hard to come by. I did, but instead of cancelling it, she printed it out and said she was going to hold on to it and use it to make someone's day.

She explained that because the restaurants were so busy (it was during free dining), if she just cancelled the ADR it wouldn't show up in the computer system. But people had been coming into guest services all day every day looking for availability at the restaurants, so she was sure she'd be able to find someone who would be thrilled to get into one of the most popular restaurants at the last minute.

I was happy to be able to help some unknown stranger, and even happier to help a CM spread a little pixie dust.

I buy the 12 packs of glow sticks from Michael's before we leave. During night time parades etc we give them to the other kids around us. We have started getting DS to help spread pixie dust with this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter