Your mono experience

My daughter had it in high school. Unfortunately I’m the worst mom when it comes to illness (my son was 16 when his appendix rupture, I waited too long to bring him to the doctor, ironically my appendix was removed 6 months earlier so I should’ve recognized the symptoms). She finally convinced me to take her to the doctor, tested positive for mono, but she recovered after a week (probably because she had it for so long).

I had mono when I was 17, diagnosed accidentally when I went to the ER after a pretty nasty burn on my wrist from cooking.

It took me months to bounce back, I was sleeping 20 hrs a day and missed about 2 or 3 months of school. Very low energy and felt like hell for a while.

I had mono my freshman year of college. I tested negative twice before I got a positive test. The swollen lymph nodes were HORRIBLE, I couldn't swallow even liquids without extreme pain; and, nothing helped because it was the swelling causing the pain, not throat irritation causing the pain. I don't remember about a fever to be honest, it's been 30 years. I slept constantly. I had no idea you could sleep so much. I was still going to classes (I know, I know) and I would literally fall asleep trying to write notes during lectures. I'd wake up and my handwriting would just have trailed away.
Mine only last a few weeks; but, I caught absolutely everything for the next two years and my glands would swell every time.
I've known people who were symptomatic for months and some who missed a semester of school. Praying he's on the tail end and there's nothing else going on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter