• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your most favorite Character Meals?

threeblessings

Mouseketeer
I am hoping to do two - three character meals while we are in WDW. What are your favorites? We would need to do a princess one for sure.

My kids will be boy (7), and girls (5 and 3)

Would love to hear about your recommendations!

I am hoping to do two - three character meals while we are in WDW. What are your favorites? We would need to do a princess one for sure.

My kids will be boy (7), and girls (5 and 3)

Would love to hear about your recommendations!

For Princesses we love the one in Epcot/Norway - Akersus (I think that is how you spell it). Has all the main ones and the food was good.

Others that were great for Character interaction - Garden Grill at Epcot (note, food is just so so - but the setting and characters are the best). Tusker House Breakfast is another great one -- good characters AND good food. The breakfast at GF - 1900 Park Fare was also good for characters and food - but I think your DS7 would prefer the other two better.

We really liked Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey and Tusker House although I wouldn't do both CM and TH because they have similar - can't remember who TH has exactly characters.

Akershus and Tusker House are my recommendations.

Tusker House has Goofy, Daisy, and Mickey. You meet and get your picture taken with Donald at the beginning.

Akershus, you meet and get you picture taken with Belle at the beginning. Throughout the meal we met Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, and Ariel.

We love Chef Mickey's and Akershus the best! I was nervous about the food at Akershus, but we went for dinner this past trip and it was so good!

I LOVE the Garden Grill at Epcot. You see Farmer Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale. It's by far the best interaction I've ever had at a character meal. And I thought the food was Fabulous! (Of course I've liked this restaurant since before it had characters, lol)

I also like Crystal Palace with the pooh characters!

1) Goofy's Beach Club Breakfast - the breakfast at Cape May. This is an every trip MUST DO for us. The character interaction has always been awesome, the service is great and the food is very good.

2) Akershus for princesses.

3) Crystal Palace - another every trip must do.

4) If meeting Mickey is really important I would recommend the Garden Grill over CM. The last couple of times we have visited CM the interaction with the characters and the food haven't been so great. The character interaction at GG is awesome - they usually come around 2 or 3 times during the meal.

Let's see ~ we visited WDW 10/09 ~ my DS was 9 and my DD was 6 ~ our character meals were....
Tusker House *A K* breakfast.

Crystal Palace *M K* Brunch

Akershus w/Princesses *Epcot* Brunch

Chef Mickey's *Contemporary* Dinner

1900 Park Fare *G F* Brunch

And they were all fantastic ~ it's hard to pick a favorite. DD's would be 1900 Park Fare ~ Mary Poppins, Alice, the Mad Hatter, Pooh and Tigger. The food was great too.

DS's fave *food wise* was Akershsus - characters... probably Tusker House.

If we had to pick one of those to not "do" again I'd probably pick Chef Mickey's.

Crystal Palace was nice ~ it's in the park and we finally got to meet/visit with Piglet ~ he's not to be seen at DLR!

We just got back from our vacation on Wednesday and we did Tusker house this time based on recommendations from other Dis'ers. It was great!! The character interaction was wonderful, the food selection was great. We had a reservation and still ended up waiting over half an hour for our table but it was worth it :)
Other than that, Crystal Palace is a family fav for lunch.

For Princesses we love the one in Epcot/Norway - Akersus (I think that is how you spell it). Has all the main ones and the food was good.

We went to Akershus for dinner on our first night...it was really good. The food was great (and I was a bit nervous after reading many negative posts), and the interaction was phenomenal!!!

We really liked Crystal Palace

Loved CP....

If we had to pick one of those to not "do" again I'd probably pick Chef Mickey's.

:thumbsup2 I agree with you on this...the food (we went for breakfast) was not so great, and the crowd was overwhelming. However, I am glad we did it for the experience.

After reading all of these posts, I think I need to give Tusker House a shot.......:goodvibes

our family loves ohana.. over at the poly.met mickey and stitch!
stitch is our favorite :)

keep in mind if you have the disney visa there is the special meet and greet in epcot. and that USUALLY has mickey.

we have done the cape may too. i didnt care for the beach theme.. LOL

Loved Norway Akersus (sp?) and Chef Mickey. I mean it's Mickey in a Chef gear. Can't get much better than that.

We've done both Akershus and the Cinderella's Royal Table (castle) for breakfast (twice) and my boys much prefer CRT over Akershus as far as princess meals go. We like the food better at Akershus (not all pre plated, has a small buffet as well), but they don't do much for the boys and CRT at least gives them a sword and gets them involved in the experience.

As for others we've done Chef Mickey's, Garden Grill, Tusker House, and Ohana and we all LOVE Tusker House. :thumbsup2 The others are mixed between my crew, some like, some don't but TH is the one meal we all agree is a must do each trip.

We loved Akershus at lunch. The food was great. DD got to twirl and dance with Belle and Ariel. Even DS (18 mos) loved the princesses.

We also really enjoyed Tusker House for breakfast. Will do both again.

In no particular order, Chef Mickey's (quintessential Disney character meal for us, love the monorail running through, ok food), Garden Grill (awesome character interaction, interesting atmosphere, decent food) and 1900 Park Fare dinner (SOOOO fun, good food). The kids also really like Cinderella's Royal Table, but I think it's just ok.

We almost always do Chef Mickey's because it's not in a park so we can do it for dinner the day we arrive without going into the parks. I've never done any of the others except Liberty Tree Tavern back when they had characters. I'm hoping to try out at least one more on our Sept. trip. I have boys so the princesses aren't that interesting to us, so I'm thinking the Garden Grill probably. I wish they would add the Toy Story characters somewhere. That would make my boys go nuts!

My kids always request 1900 Park Fare for dinner and Chef Mickey's for either meal. We also like Crystal Palace, CRT, and Ohana.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter