Your most favorite Character Meals?

our favorite character meals are:

1. Princess lunch at Akershus (Norway Pavilion at Epcot)
2. Crystal Palace lunch at MK (Pooh characters and YUMMY citrus-marinated flank steak!)
3. Tusker House breakfast at AK (mickey and pals and GREAT variety of foods)

If you want lots of princesses I would do the princess breakfast at Akershaus (Norway in Epcot). When we were there Belle was the greeter and we saw Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Jasmine and Mulan.

Another family favorite for us is 1900 Park Fare for dinner. Characters are Cinderella, Prince Charming, Lady Tremaine, Druscilla and Anastasia. The characters here are absolutely hysterical and we really like the food.

We also like 1900 Park Fare for breakfast. Again, food is really good. Characters are Alice, Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins, Tigger and Pooh. The Mad Hatter is really funny.

Chef Mickeys is great for the characters (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy & Pluto). The last couple of times we've been there though the food has just been ok. (It was dinner.)

We also like O'Hana for breakfast. Characters are Mickey, Pluto, Lilo and Stitch. Food was very good.

We've always had good food at Crystal Palace (both breakfast and dinner). Characters are Pooh, Tigger, Eyeore & Piglet.

The last two times we went to Cinderella's Royal Table we felt really rushed and the food wasn't good at all. Considering the price I doubt we'll go back again.

If you're only going to do one princess meal, I would do the princess breakfast since you see the most princesses there. For my other two I would do Chef Mickeys and Crystal Palace as the characters here would appeal to both the boy and the girls.

Over two trips, we've been to CRT, Crystal Palace, Tusker, 1900 Park Faire (w/ princesses) and O'hanas.

- CRT was a treat, and my son liked it better b/c of the "wow" factor of being inside the real castle. I agree food is only ok. I also believe (someone speak up if I'm wrong???) that it's now the only place to meet Ariel since her grotto closed, if that's important to you.
- Tusker was GREAT, loved dancing with the characters at the end
- Crystal Palace - great
- Ohanas - best food, loved that it wasn't a buffet and they brought everything to the table. Characters got a bit rushed at the end which was a bummer.
- 1900 Park was mediocre, although the evil wicked stepsisters were a hoot. My son liked this one the least.

Final comment - personally, I like the character meals in the middle of the day at a park, rather than having to schlepp to a different resort for them.... seems like a big hassle to get to the resort ones (unless it's where you are staying, of course)

CRT was a treat, and my son liked it better b/c of the "wow" factor of being inside the real castle. I agree food is only ok. I also believe (someone speak up if I'm wrong???) that it's now the only place to meet Ariel since her grotto closed, if that's important to you.

We saw Ariel at the Akershus and then the next day she was to the right when you came over the bridge into Adventure land (before the Dole Whip place). We were so excited bc Ariel is dd favorite!!

I am a big sucker for Cinderella's Royal Table in MK - I just cannot resist the atmosphere of being in the castle surrounded by *real* princesses :lovestruc:lovestruc LOL.... Seems my DD is following in this tradition as well!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter