Your Most Skippable Show

We thought ROL was great and can't wait to see it again. I think it is expectations letting people down though, tough to have anything with laser lights, fireworks, etc where animals are. Skippable for me would be indy because the last one we saw in december they cut out half the show. Wasn't sure if it was due to it being the last show of the night or just another disney budget cut.

This was probably a technical issue. I saw the show recently and it was the same, full show it's always been since the dawn of time. I like the show, but wouldn't mind seeing an update or two for it.

Finding Nemo at AK may be my favorite show at WDW. Granted I've only seen it once and it is long so I may feel differently after a repeat visit. The talent of the puppeteers to dance, sing, move the mouth, and the eyes of their puppets is amazing. Frozen... loved it but again, only saw it once and Ben was our historian.

I could skip Indy because I've seen it many times and it seems like every time I watch it, there is some sort of blooper where an effect (pyro, trap door, punch sound effect) fails to execute properly. Last time I was real disappointed because the main villain *SPOILER ALERT* didn't get caught in the propeller of the plane. Instead he was "shot" by the gun on the plane.

Disney Jr... meh and I have young kids who do enjoy the characters. Sitting on the floor was uncomfortable and it was very hard to hear the dialogue between the cast members and puppets.
Have yet to see HEA and RoL. Saw the Jungle Book show... no comment there.

FotLK = Awesome

F!... Don't know why but it's one of my favorite shows. The technology is a little dated, but it still amazes me it existed in the 90s. Can't explain why... the story just gets to me.

Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor is one I probably won't watch on our next trip. The first time I saw it, I had a great time and laughed through the whole show. Last time I saw it I barely grinned... maybe audience was just dead.

Like many earlier comments, the only must see for us is the FotLK. We still see it every time we visit the AK.

When we were vacationing on site we would make one a point of viewing of Illuminations at least once. Haven't seen it for years.

We like the Indy show but don't get to the Studios very often anymore.

The shows in front of the Caste at the MK have never attracted us. Occasionally we'll stop for a few minutes if we happen to be passing by when they are on.

FOTLK, Beauty and the Beast, Nemo, Fantasmic, and Illuminations are all my favorite shows.
Skippable is really any of the parades, we might stop for a couple minutes if we happen to pass by one but don't care other than that, suprised nobody said hall of presidents, always thought it was boring.
Haven't seen ROL but sounds like its disappointing

My runner up is Illuminations but that's only due to it's age. It needs a change
I'm actually dreading them changing this show, but I've only seen it twice and it's the only Disney nighttime show I've seen more than once. I hope I get to see it a few more times before they inevitably do change it. I'm so fond of it.

As for other shows, I have skipped more than I've watched. I do hope to see FOTLK again in June. That one is good. Don't need Nemo though. Frozen Sing-Along? Nah. Little Mermaid Whatever? No thanks. BATB is skippable because I saw it once long ago, have seen the cartoon a million times, the live action film several times, saw it on Broadway, and helped direct a high school production of it. I'm over it.

Love the Muppets, Philharmagic, and if it counts as a "show"...Country Bears. Tee hee.

Will see ROL for the first time in June. I hope it doesn't get added to the skippable list. The Youtubes are disappointing, but I'm keeping an open mind.

I'm actually dreading them changing this show, but I've only seen it twice and it's the only Disney nighttime show I've seen more than once. I hope I get to see it a few more times before they inevitably do change it. I'm so fond of it.

Me too, though I've seen it dozens of times by now (including 5 times on my last trip). I'm all for updating the globe and fireworks improvements, but don't touch the music!

Voyage of the Little Mermaid. We have never seen it and have no interest.
Nemo. Seen it twice. Don't need to see it again. Only if desperate for AC.

What? No votes for Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular! yet?

I enjoyed it the first time I watched it, as it does have some funny moments and surprising effects. The second time was passable. And the third time, I was in the most excruciating boredom at the same exact jokes and the painfully slow set changes.

I don't think it's a repeatable experience. I can't imagine how the CMs stand working that show on a loop every day. And this is coming from a Jungle Cruise skipper.

I know everyone raves about it, but one viewing of FOTLK was enough for us. On the other hand, we love Illuminations. Different strokes for different folks, I guess!

I have skipped Illuminations and Fantasmic cause they just don't interest me anymore. Last time I went, I did try Illuminations again cause my friend with me had never been but I still didn't enjoy it. I haven't seen Voyage of the Little Mermaid since 2006 so cant even remember it.

There are a few shows that I could easily skip. The castle forecourt show ehh . . . Beauty and the Beast. It was ok, but that theater is outside, and HOT, and the show wasn't great. Rivers of Light. I'm glad I went to see it once. Until such time as they revamp it, I doubt I will go to see it again. It's pretty, but just not compelling to me.

FOTLK . . . not to be missed. This is the best show on property as far as I am concerned. Finding Nemo is pretty good, as is Flights of Wonder (or what ever it is called once they add the UP characters to it).

Festival of the Lion King and the Muppets are the only shows we see on each trip. We do see Fantasmic and the Country Bears occasionally but that's about it.

I do love parades! It's too bad that there is only one in all of WDW now.

Honestly, i skip all except lion king. I’ve seen them all at least once. Most we’ve done many times. Lion king is the only one that never gets old.

We thought ROL was great and can't wait to see it again. I think it is expectations letting people down though, tough to have anything with laser lights, fireworks, etc where animals are. Skippable for me would be indy because the last one we saw in december they cut out half the show. Wasn't sure if it was due to it being the last show of the night or just another disney budget cut.

No, it's not a Disney budget cut. Besides, WDW's operating budget is increasing year over year, contrary to how some people perceive it on these boards. There are some places where they work to rein it in, but this is not one of them. :)

I try to see all of the shows each trip. Last trip the only one I missed was Fantasmic. The day I planned to see it, I was SOO tired, had seen everything else I wanted to in HS, and it was over two hours before it started. I just couldn't make myself wait. I wasn't in HS later in the trip late enough in the day to see Fantasmic. Shows are as much a part of the WDW experience as rides for me.

Fantasmic. Never saw the appeal. Much prefer Illuminations with the beautiful backdrop of WS. Need a good spot though

Me too, though I've seen it dozens of times by now (including 5 times on my last trip). I'm all for updating the globe and fireworks improvements, but don't touch the music!
Yes, I agree! They cay make it look better, but that music is already the best! I love when the countries light up. Gets me every time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter