Your Mt Rushmore of Unique WDW Dining

I'm going to riff off of "family experiences".

(1) The Coral Reef in Epcot. I've had great food here and just "meh" food here, but the Living Seas tank is the real star. Request to be seated close to the tank.

(2) Sci-Fi Dine In. Like others have said, the food is just OK but we always try to eat there anyway. It's a very unique experience.

(3) A Character Meal. Pick your favorite character and enjoy! The last breakfast seating at Crystal Palace used to be my favorite from 15 years ago when my DD was 6-7. She was also all about the princess back then. If I had to choose between CRT and BOG, I would choose CRT. The inside of the Beast's castle is cool, but Cindy's castle beats it hands down.

(4) Boma. There is a good variety of food at Boma, from kid friendly to adventurous. Make sure to leave time to visit the savannah!

I'm going to riff off of "family experiences".
yes, with 400 or so dining options and 7 ish days we're going to have to be picky and stick to things we can only do at Disney (and to an extent at Disneyworld although unlike rides, there are not many crossover restaurants from DL)

(1) The Coral Reef in Epcot. I've had great food here and just "meh" food here, but the Living Seas tank is the real star. Request to be seated close to the tank.
This has been suggested a few times, sounds fun!

(2) Sci-Fi Dine In. Like others have said, the food is just OK but we always try to eat there anyway. It's a very unique experience.
I regretted not going in 2006, probably a must do for me.

(3) A Character Meal. Pick your favorite character and enjoy! The last breakfast seating at Crystal Palace used to be my favorite from 15 years ago when my DD was 6-7. She was also all about the princess back then. If I had to choose between CRT and BOG, I would choose CRT. The inside of the Beast's castle is cool, but Cindy's castle beats it hands down.
We shall see DD is going to be 12 and princesses aren't here thing, we did the princess one at DCA a few years ago and she lived it up but I think the time has passed. We did CP without kids years ago, will have to look at what the family wants to do.

(4) Boma. There is a good variety of food at Boma, from kid friendly to adventurous. Make sure to leave time to visit the savannah!
Many have reccomended, I think it's on our list

We shall see DD is going to be 12 and princesses aren't here thing, we did the princess one at DCA a few years ago and she lived it up but I think the time has passed. We did CP without kids years ago, will have to look at what the family wants to do.
Yeah, 12 is probably too old for princesses. Your 6 year old must be a boy. I would stick with CP or maybe Tusker House at AK. We did a Fantasmic! Meal there and it was quite good. The African theme is pretty cool and the food was very good.

Bumping this thread to say we'll be there in July 23 and I've given the kids some of the ideas in this thread as a reading assignment to pick what they want to reserve.

Tiffins or nomad lounge - Tiffins is the sit down experience, but since 2020 we have prioritized the outdoor seating at the attached lounge
Skipper Canteen - food is hit or miss, but it’s fun if we want a sit down in MK
Sanaa - it has windows onto the savanna, the food is good, and the building is wonderful. I love hanging out in the general AKL area. (If you want more upscale, Jiko in the other building is very good)
One of the Mexican restaurants in Epcot. Food is not unique, but the settings are. One overlooks the world showcase lagoon, while the other is inside the pyramid. A more casual world showcase lagoon option is Spice Road Table or getting fish and chips to go in England and grabbing one the tables down by the water.

Disregarding food quality and only considering the criteria of unique atmosphere found no where else that would be of interest to families:
1) Cinderella's Royal Table
2) Be Our Guest
3) Sci Fi Dine In
4) Space 220 (or Coral Reef)

Disregarding food quality and only considering the criteria of unique atmosphere found no where else that would be of interest to families:
1) Cinderella's Royal Table
2) Be Our Guest
3) Sci Fi Dine In
4) Space 220 (or Coral Reef)
DW was just watching a video of CRT for lunch or dinner and is now pushing for that based on the atmosphere. She had said no last year. I'm pushing for sci-fi dine in because we didn't make it in 2006 when I wanted to go.

Suggestions for unique experiences so far (skipping some that don't work because of our family makeup) with commentary from op's

• Cinderella's Royal Table
  • Be Our Guest
  • Sci Fi Dine In
  • Space 220 (or Coral Reef)
  • Tiffins or nomad lounge - Tiffins is the sit down experience, but since 2020 we have prioritized the outdoor seating at the attached lounge
  • Skipper Canteen - food is hit or miss, but it’s fun if we want a sit down in MK
  • Sanaa - it has windows onto the savanna, the food is good, and the building is wonderful. I love hanging out in the general AKL area. (If you want more upscale, Jiko in the other building is very good) "we prefer the animals from Sanaa......as being unique."
  • Tusker House
  • One of the Mexican restaurants in Epcot. Food is not unique, but the settings are.
  • Biergarten
and shoutout to
Keep in mind, there is better food at Disney than these unique places. But your request was for uniquely Disney.
for reading what we were looking for very closely! We can go to spectacular restaurants food regularly here in the bay area, I'm more interested in unique experiences than "best food".

Whispering cannon can be fun also the resort is very well themed while the restaurant is nothing special looking the lobby makes up for that. I know AKL was mentioned I would stick with Boma the resort is also very unique if you go around 5-6 there is an animal viewing area off the lobby with great guides to answer questions. Animals are also feed in that area around that time so there is a lot of activity. Where Sanna is also has a viewing area however it is much smaller and while still very nice that side of the resort is not themed well compared to where Boma is.

I will add you could eat at a CS at either Wilderness lodge has 2 one with higher end and one more on the same as all side but the pulled pork is the same as served at whispering cannon and good. Jambo house AKL also still has a few unique offerings so you could also fit these resorts in without giving up a TS.

The San Angel Inn (inside the pyramid) at the Mexican Pavilion in Epcot has the atmosphere of a town square at night with an Aztec pyramid that overlooks the Gran Fiesta Tour boat ride. Think the Blue Bayou Restaurant Mexican style. I don't put this in my Mount Rushmore four because you can experience the atmosphere without eating at the restaurant.

Last edited:
Since you are staying at CBR, I highly recommend Sebastians. It is an under the radar restaurant, reasonably priced and family style. Look at the menu and if the description looks good, give it a try.

Sci-Fi Dine In
Sanaa
Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue
Garden Grill (a themed-character meal at a rotating restaurant overlooking an attraction and some of the food served was grown in that attraction? Seriously, what could be more Disney than this?)

Also here from the west coast and tend to eat fairly well. We ourselves rotate years between DL (5-6 trips a year) and WDW (2-3 trips in years where thats the year). Have done V&As a number of times so can speak to quality as well as just experience.

Biergarten (family experience)
Takumi Tei (great quality)
Le Cellier (quality and experience, the theming is great and quality is solid. You can get better steaks at say Yachtsman but Le Cellier wins on theme)
Hoop dee doo (great experience)
Skippers Canteen (great experience, good food)

Sorry for 5 and not 4.

I want to give another upvote for CRT even if your kids aren't into princesses. I went in 2021 with my 19 year old son. I didn't think he'd be into it, but we had a great time! It turned out to be an unexpected highlight of our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter