• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your "Musts"

PunkPrincess

Keyblade Wielder
What are your no holds barred, no compromise, absolutely can not miss Must rides and sees of the Disneyland Resort?

Mine:
Disneyland:
All Mountains
All Fantasyland Dark Rides
In this order: Mr. Toad, Alice In Wonderland, Peter Pan, Pinocchio, Snow White (come to think of it of all those only Peter Pan is in WDW) (also I got nothing against Snow White It just happened to come to my head that way)
Pirates
Haunted Mansion
Star Tours
Small World
Nemo Subs
Winnie The Pooh
Buzz
Roger Rabbit

Shows:
Tiki Room!!!!!!!

DCA:
California Screamin'
Radiator Springs Racers
Soarin'
Tower of Terror
Red Car

Shows:
Tough to be a Bug
World of Color
Frozen
Mad T

What? No Hall of Presidents? :mad:...:teeth:

Pirates is 1st ride tradition for 15 years. Arms and feet inside the boat and then it sinks in (mentally, not literally like life-preservers required sinking) that we are FINALLY HERE! Then we start shivering with excitement and the adventure begins.

Most rides are a must-do for us, even the minor ones we do at least once. But we usually skip Autopia and always Grizzly River Run since we never want to get that wet.

What? No Hall of Presidents? :mad:...:teeth:

Pirates is 1st ride tradition for 15 years. Arms and feet inside the boat and then it sinks in (mentally, not literally like life-preservers required sinking) that we are FINALLY HERE! Then we start shivering with excitement and the adventure begins.

Most rides are a must-do for us, even the minor ones we do at least once. But we usually skip Autopia and always Grizzly River Run since we never want to get that wet.

Hall of presidents is in Florida only. but we got Lincoln. Pretty good but sometimes its just closed i hear.

Yes that moment when you first take a seat or even when you enter the building and smelling the smells you remember and you go off into the darkness and get chills like this is it! It's about to happen! You exit reality and enter adventure! That was my feeling after 15 years of no disney It was amplified 15 fold! I nearly fainted when I passed under the train station! Well I tripped and went boom scraping my knee. but its easy to defoot a shrimp like me!

PotC, gets me every time. :) Gotta be the first ride! I mean, yeah, all of the above, too, the mountains, the dark rides...

There are a couple I've never done and never really wanted to do, like Autopia (I drive enough!) and anything in Bug's Land. Then I hear somebody rave about them and think maybe I'm missing something? Also I never do the ones you can do at your county fair-- carousels, swings, Astro Oribiter. Last time I did Goofy's Sky School it was still Mulholland Madness!

Interesting to hear everybody else's must-do's!

Oh I forgot Sky School and Little Mermaid? how could i forget I LOVE MERMAIDS!! Wish they were still in the lagoon!

Sky school you can find anywhere but im a huge fan of Goofy's "How To" series so it draws me to it!

Disneyland, in no particular order-
Splash Mtn, Pooh, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Big Thunder Mtn, Indy, Jungle Cruise, Buzz, Space Mtn once (makes me sick, but I still want to ride it).

California Adventure, in no particular order-
Soarin, Grizzly River Run, California Screamin, TSMM, RSR, Tower of Terror, Aladdin show :(, Monsters Inc, Turtle Talk with Crush.

There are other must see things, that aren't my personal favorites, but they are musts for our two youngest boys. My two year old will love the Playhouse Disney show, and I know my youngest will love the lights on the Holiday overlay for IASW. I cannot wait until November!!! 2.5 years is too long between visits!

Pirates here too! There is something (I think) about the smell + complete immersion in the ride that brings me to that "I'm ACTUALLY in Disneyland!" moment.
If only I could bottle that smell! XD I heard one kid describe it as "Pirate Water" and I guess that is the best name for it!

Yeah there are some rides that just get the trip started. To me these all immersive rides are like Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Space Mt, and Small World perhaps.

Pirates was my fav when I went last year. IT's quite an adventure. And who doesn't love High seas pirate adventures? and what little punk girl like me hasn't dreamed of being a feared brave female pirate captain!

I live on the East coast and have only been to DL twice :( Indiana Jones is my must do over and over again.

Of course I also did POC, HM, Soarin, TSMM which I also do on every trip to WDW.

Dinner at Cathay Circle, and showing up early to spend time in the lounge prior to reservation time. I even (usually) sit in the same chair in the lounge.

Lunch at Cafe Orleans.

A Dole Whip float eaten during the show in the Enchanted Tiki Room.

Disneyland~Pirates!! Yes on the smell!!! Matterhorn, Space, Thunder, Splash, Indiana Jones, Haunted Mansion, Dumbo, TeaCups, Mr Toads, Peter Pan, Small World, Jungle Cruise, the Railroad when my feet are tired, and Storybook Land.

DCA~Little Mermaid, Toy Story Mania, Grizzly River, Soarin, Screamin.

Food~Bengal BBQ, Blue Bayou, Carthay Circle, Tortilla Joes, Catal, and Naples.

For me I have to do Alice in Wonderland and Storybook Canal Boats. I have to eat at Jolly Holiday and get an iced drink. I like their coffee better than Starbucks. At DCA I have to go on California Screamin. I love the hot link corn dogs over there, but I missed it last year.

Its different for each of us in the family.

Me:
Soarin
Radiator Springs Racers
Peter Pan
Mr Toad's Wild Ride
Alice in Wonderland
Star Tours
World of Colour
The Viva Navidad parade at Christmas
The Railroad
Jolly Holiday for a coffee and watch a parade pass by.

My kids:
Buzz Lightyear - for my youngest this is it. He could happily spend all day just on this one ride.
Toy Story
Indiana Jones
Haunted Mansion
Alice in Wonderland
Soarin
Rainforest Cafe
Mouse ear shopping

1st ride every time is Pirates! That smell , that dark damp ride gives me all the feels! :lovestruc Talk about a Disney high.
Then Peter Pan & Alice in Wonderland
after that the kids are free to chose. It drives my husband nuts to cross the park like that and I know it doesn't make sense but its my thing.

DCA:
Toy Story
Soarin
Screaming

They should make a candle, a car freshener, or an aerosol freshener with the scent of PotC.

Technically, you couldn't call it a "freshener," it's more of a... "dank-ener?" LOL!

But you know we'd totally all buy it. :rotfl:
well itsa special blend of Cajun food, Chlorinated water, Air Conditioning, and electronics.

Its different for each of us in the family.

Me:

Jolly Holiday for a coffee and watch a parade pass by.

Toy Story

That was my breakfast every morning. Great tomato Basil soup.

The problem with Toy Story for me is the line is so so so long and there is so little to do while waiting if you're not near Mr. Potato head. It's worse that the surrounding buildings remind me of the suburbs it almost feels like you fell out of the park for a moment. So I can only do it once per trip. It's got the Peter Pan Line bug

Now that we have kids, for us our "musts" are different. We always hit Tomorrowland first so Buzz is usually our first and hubby and I will grab FPs to Space Mountain. We then just play it by ear according to the kids. We are just happy to be there.

At Disneyland: IASW, HM(DD Fav) Alice in wonderland, Meeting any princess because the smile on my daughters face is always so priceless.

At DCA: RSR, Soaring, Ariel

And some beignets:flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter