• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your "Musts"

If only I could bottle that smell! XD I heard one kid describe it as "Pirate Water" and I guess that is the best name for it!
Agreed. I also notice a distinct POTC smell shortly after rounding Barbarosa's ship. It's like nothing else, except, perhaps, wood, bleach and fading patchouli.

I'm not OCD in the least. Until I get to DL. Then I must tackle rides in a particular, precise order -- Peter Pan, Mr. Toad, Alice, Dumbo, Snow White and then (if I decide to skip Pinocchio) score a FP for Hyperspace Mountain and then Buzz Lightyear. POTC and HM usually follow. Then I sit on the wall outside and message a friend or two.

Love your hair, BTW, PunkPrincess!

Agreed. I also notice a distinct POTC smell shortly after rounding Barbarosa's ship. It's like nothing else, except, perhaps, wood, bleach and fading patchouli.

I'm not OCD in the least. Until I get to DL. Then I must tackle rides in a particular, precise order -- Peter Pan, Mr. Toad, Alice, Dumbo, Snow White and then (if I decide to skip Pinocchio) score a FP for Hyperspace Mountain and then Buzz Lightyear. POTC and HM usually follow. Then I sit on the wall outside and message a friend or two.

Love your hair, BTW, PunkPrincess!

Thanks! At frist I was scared of getting a Mohawk but I mean may as well get it when I can! And prob keep it since I want to work at a tat parlor.
My mom freaked at first!

Last year (if you read my trip report of DL) I did them in order of like what my heart told me I should do. Like I did Toad first cuz it closed in florida, and I'm from NYC (Well originally Texas, I'll always have that southern tomboyness in me and "accent") In mr. Toad the devils at the end reminded me of the end of splash mt so I headed toward there but got distracted in the tiki room and Haunted Mansion and stuff on the way. I also didnt do coasters that day cuz I thought that I'd have to put my stuff in lockers like six flags and I didnt have extra cash.

But when you haven't been to a disney park in 15 years yet are totally obsessed with them, You kinda get there and are like OMG!!!! ALL THESE THINGS!!! ALL MINE!!!!

DLR:
Pooh (*its been very special to us ever since we got stuck on it one time and rather than having us wait it out the CM let us get off and he gave us a walking tour of the ride, let us take pictures in the scene and pointed out the hidden mickeys-it was so magical that pooh is now one our biggest must do's)
all the mountains-but especially space and big thunder
POTC
Jungle cruise
haunted mansion
Peter Pan
Mr. Toad
Star Tours

DCA:
ToT
soarin
TSMM
RSR
little mermaid

infact if any of these were down for refurb I might just try to reschedule the trip. The jungle cruise was down last time and it was so sad, even though they had the skippers there doing a little entertainment and telling jokes which helped.

Last time I did Goofy's Sky School it was still Mulholland Madness!
Me too! I didn't even know it had changed until about a month ago. I was so confused about this new Goofy ride, then I saw a photo and realized it was actually Mulholland Madness!! :goofy:

My only Must Ride is the carousel. It's a bonus if I get to ride Jingles. It may seem pretty boring to some, but even if I don't get on a single ride besides the carousel, I'm a happy girl. It's my absolute favorite!!

They should make a candle, a car freshener, or an aerosol freshener with the scent of PotC.

Technically, you couldn't call it a "freshener," it's more of a... "dank-ener?" LOL!

But you know we'd totally all buy it. :rotfl:

Google "candle pirates caribbean". And you'll find a candle company selling on etsy... I've heard good things about them on the WDW side here.

That other site linked to..."For the first time ever, the intoxicating, moody scent has been intentionally captured." Yeah, OK. There have been MANY companies who have done or tried to do it. Alas most named themselves too closely to Disney names and were closed down.

The problem with Toy Story for me is the line is so so so long and there is so little to do while waiting if you're not near Mr. Potato head.

People watch! Talk to others!

Google "candle pirates caribbean". And you'll find a candle company selling on etsy... I've heard good things about them on the WDW side here.

That other site linked to..."For the first time ever, the intoxicating, moody scent has been intentionally captured." Yeah, OK. There have been MANY companies who have done or tried to do it. Alas most named themselves too closely to Disney names and were closed down.

People watch! Talk to others!

Lol most of my group come from a cold desolate part of the nation and are not used to the heat! They ain't gonna be able to tolerate that for long! And then I hear them whine and It's like guys, I grew up in Austin, shut yer trap alright? LOL!!

DL - Space Mountain, Star Tours, Buzz Lightyear, Matterhorn, Mr. Toad, Alice in Wonderland, Teacups, Storybook Land, Jungle Cruise, Indy, Tiki Room, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, eat at French Market and/or Hungry Bear.
DCA - Tower of Terror, Radiator Springs, Soarin', Grizzly River, California Screamin', Toy Story, Sun Wheel (swinging cars, of course), sit in the lobby of the Animation Building.
And have to have a Kungaloosh at Trader Sam's.

I don't have any absolutely-must-reschedule-if-closed rides... However, assuming they are open, my list:

DL: Jungle Cruise. Matterhorn, even though I will complain about the roughness. Space Mtn, even though I will complain about how long it takes to get my sled into the rotation (I use the access sled, because I can't move quick enough for the timed load, and it seems like 18416513 other cars are sent through before mine gets to go). Nemo subs, even though I will begin to tire of the ride about 5 minutes in. Storybook boats. Its a small world.

DCA: Tower of Terror, even though I will be scared outta my mind until the ride is done. Little Mermaid. Grizzly, even though I will whine about how wet I got... every.single.time I ride :)

The problem with Toy Story for me is the line is so so so long and there is so little to do while waiting if you're not near Mr. Potato head. It's worse that the surrounding buildings remind me of the suburbs it almost feels like you fell out of the park for a moment. So I can only do it once per trip. It's got the Peter Pan Line bug
I've found the line at TSMM to be one of the best places to look at other poeple's pins and do some pin trading.

I've found the line at TSMM to be one of the best places to look at other poeple's pins and do some pin trading.
That is an Excellent point. There is so much to do, so many details and side quests at parks its not like being anywhere else in the world. But last year I was like really shy because I didn't know how dorky I was going to be and like I didn't know if I'd scare people by just blabbing out like a million things at once. It's true I really never know when to stop talking like right now lol!

But I really really want to get into Pin Trading perhaps I'll post a thread with the questions I have about it.

We always do dinner at Carnation Cafe on Main St. our first night in the park...
As for rides, man we all have different ones that make us feel that Disney magic. For me POtC, HM, Jungle Cruise, and BTMRR will always have a special place as my 1st picks.
My wife loves Mr. Toad, Peter, Alice, and other ones that have that nostalgia to them.....
I love them all....going as a parent with your kids and remembering riding them as a little kid is something special.

Must do's for me are....

Disneyland:
Jungle Cruise!! - It's my favorite ride in the park, just love all the bad puns and the fact that it's one of Walt's originals. Even better at night!
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder
Haunted Mansion
Soundsational Parade - so many of my 90's faves get love in this parade! The Lion King, Aladdin, Little Mermaid. So much fun!
Dole Whip
Corn Dog
Pomme Frites at Café Orleans

DCA:
Little Mermaid - my favorite Disney movie so of course I have to go on many voyages under the sea!
Screamin'
Tower of Terror - scares the **** out of me every time but I love it!
Grizzly River Run - DO THIS AT NIGHT! So fun going through the caves when it's pitch black and you never know when you might get splashed!
Vodka Lemonade and churro bites from the Cozy Cone.
World of Color

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter