Your opinion of Festival of Fantasy parade for my group?

Aggiegrl

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to decide if we should schedule in FoF during our trip. We've never seen it, or any afternoon parade for that matter.

My children are twin girls, almost 3, and a boy, almost 5. We are going for 10 days in Sept/Oct. All three take afternoon naps around 2 pm. They wake up around 6 am, so we are defiantly rope drop types. We plan on afternoons at the hotel.

I'd like them to see it, but the 3 pm time is troublesome. I'm not sure how happy we will be past nap time and in the heat of the day. I see two options for that MK day:

1) Morning in park, sit down lunch at LTT, 3 pm parade, back to hotel for remainder of day
2) Morning in park, QS lunch, back to hotel in afternoon for nap, dinner in Epcot (probably Chefs)

Which would you choose? I need to make a decision to secure an ADR during free dining. We do plan on seeing MSEP twice, if that makes any difference.

I think you should go with option 1.) and stick it out for the 3pm parade, then leave afterward for a little break if you can. If plausible, I wouldn't book any dinner ADRs that day. After the parade you can go back to your hotel and rest/nap, grab a counter service for dinner & do rides. Or you can try and book an early ADR dinner and go back to the hotel to freshen up & then head to dinner.
The parade is so awesome and worth seeing,IMO.

The Festival of Fantasy parade is really good. My DD is a solid napper also around 1:30ish but there is something about Disney in general had every kid thrown off. It's really hard to schedule nap time everyday at a specific time each day. We've learned we go with the flow and take a feel how my daughter is doing and she will either nap in her stroller or know when it's time to leave park and take a break.
I think option 1 may be your best bet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter