• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your opinion, please. 1st time with 5yr old twins...

FanOfDonald

Earning My Ears
Soooooo......
We are starting (Ok, I am starting) to think about and plan my twin boys 1st trip to WDW as my counter says below. It will also be my in-laws 50th Anniversary trip, so there will be alot of us going.

My question and what I need your opinion on is this:
Our thought was to go on a Disney Crusie for 4 or 5 days and then hit the parks for 5 days, late August/ early Sept 2013. But now I am feeling that this itinerary may be overkill for 5yr old boys. Is it too much? Should we stick with a week on land and forget about the sea? We want to stay at the BCV because of the central location and Stormalong Bay. Hit the parks, play in the pool and save the cruise? Or do we go the whole hog? If whole hog, what order?

A little about us to help in your opinion:
Me: 38yr old who loves going to Disney. When I am in Orlando for business I will go to Boardwalk or one of the other hotels and just soak in the ambience.
My wife: likes Disney but is not a fanatic. She is in the food business so we always eat at the nice restaurants when we go and she loves hitting all the countries in Epcot to eat and drink.
Twin Boys (just turned 3): who have traveled with us to Maui, Lake Tahoe and Jamaica without incident; they are pretty much go with the flow travelers.

Well, thats it (for now) Thoughts??

I would do both but I always felt that if I ever did a land/sea trip that I would do the parks first and then cruise. That way, we could rest from the parks and have half a chance of feeling refreshed and not exhausted when I got home from Disney.

I think it depends on what kind of vacation you want to have.

Do you and your in laws want some adult only time? Is that important? If so, then the cruise/land might be good. I would do land THEN cruise. Since the cruise is more relaxing and that's how I'd prefer to return home, relaxed. I also am not a ride fan, so the parks don't hold as much appeal for me as they do for others.

Thanks Bren's Mom and RMAMom. the 50th Anniversary-ers have been to Disney a TON. They just want to experience the 1st time with the boys and be with family. At first I thought cruise first, but i can understand the thought to relax before heading home. There is something to be said about seeing Main Street and the Castle 1st on the 1st trip to WDW. That's how I experienced it when I was 11. Would the cruise then be a let down after the parks?

My twins were that age when we did both (parks first), and they liked the cruise as much as the parks. Some of my kids liked the cruise better than the parks. We did a 10 day vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter