• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your Opinion

If you could, would you pay $10 a month to reopen VMK?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
To be honest, all Disney wants is money, if thats £10 for a month. That's £120 a year. And thats alot of money, I feel sorry for the kids (like me) That wont be able to play their favorite game because There mom or dad wont pay for it. It was the only Disney Online game what was free (I think... :rolleyes1)

I wouldn't really want to.
It's too much to pay on a game, and I was getting pretty bored with it.
I have found that most of my friends that are not Dis members are either on VMKForums or VMKMagic

I have to agree... I was getting a little bored before I found out VMK was closing.

Oh well....cant do anything really now.:(

I would pay. I really, really miss VMK. I have been lurking on the VFK board and while I was initially disappointed that I couldn't get in the beta version, after seeing what it looked like, I have decided I don't want to play. VMK was great because it was Disney. Even though I can't be in the park every day, I could visit a mini version of it, in all its magic. I don't want to play any other game. I want VMK back.

I can't give a definite yes or no. There are 4 ppl here and that is too much for a month. But, I possibly would if we were guaranteed that we would get everything back that we had. We DO miss it a lot, there's nothing that will ever compare to it. Also, what about all the GREAT staff that some of the best are over at VFK? I would want them back too but this wouldn't be a big factor in the decision.

I would not, I was so addicted to VMK that the closing of it was the only good thing that happened to me concerning VMK :duck:

To be honest, all Disney wants is money, if thats £10 for a month. That's £120 a year. And thats alot of money, I feel sorry for the kids (like me) That wont be able to play their favorite game because There mom or dad wont pay for it. It was the only Disney Online game what was free (I think... :rolleyes1)

All of the games are free, but you have to pay additional fees to make them interesting (except CP, but who plays that?)

This brings up another question.. how will they process foreign money? Exchange rate? or £10?
Just wondering, I dont know how Disney usually handles this..

This brings up another question.. how will they process foreign money? Exchange rate? or £10?
Just wondering, I dont know how Disney usually handles this..

I'd bet it's exchange rate. You have to exchange at WDW to buy anything, so I'd bet they have the same policy online.

I think it would depend on how many characters you can have with the account. Between our 'original' avatars and 'extras' we created with each visit to the parks, in my home we had over 20 accounts.

POTC lets you have 4 characters per account (I think), so we would have to pay for two accounts (at 4 characters each) just to have enough for our original avatars - one account per person in the family.

I would likely pay to play if the accounts were similar, and since my kids range in age from 11 years to 18 months, I would likely be paying for all of it.

So (assuming there are discounts for buying 6 or 12 months at a time) I would end up dropping about $200 a year on two accounts.

I think it would depend on how many characters you can have with the account. Between our 'original' avatars and 'extras' we created with each visit to the parks, in my home we had over 20 accounts.

POTC lets you have 4 characters per account (I think), so we would have to pay for two accounts (at 4 characters each) just to have enough for our original avatars - one account per person in the family.

I would likely pay to play if the accounts were similar, and since my kids range in age from 11 years to 18 months, I would likely be paying for all of it.

So (assuming there are discounts for buying 6 or 12 months at a time) I would end up dropping about $200 a year on two accounts.

All four of you couldn't be logged on at the same time for POTC, however

I would pay in a heartbeat! (just give me a chance WDIG)

I've WASTED so much money over the years on computer games, OTHER online games including disney online games and toys for princess that she either can't physically play with or that don't hold her interest or attention long enough as much as VMK did. I've paid for some of princesses friends to access some of the online games just so that they could continue to play together. I would even consider creating a fund to help other children pay to play VMK.

It's all in what you want and consider important to you to pay for. There is just no other online game like VMK (and there never will be). Princess breathes disney!

pixiedust:

nah i wouldn't...i mean remember all the complaints that went with playing vmk BEFORE the announcement about the close?? i do--people banned for inexplicable reasons (sure some were banned for righteous ones too lol), infuriatingly tedious Host games and quests, recycled purchased items...the list goes on. for sure there were lots of things cool and fun about vmk (i miss fireworks for one), and friends were fun to hang with. and had they released more of what they dumped out of the attic that last week of vmk the game would have been REALLY awesome! but PAY to experience the negatives too? Pass..........:hippie:

I would but as poohluv2u said vmk was a free online game I still don't think vmk staff and such should make us pay.... I mean when vmk was up and running there were over 6000 players on a day so if they made it pay to play there might be only about 1000 or so online a day.... would that be correct? :confused3 or no.. just saying my opinion :)

I don't think I would...

It depends if the game would still close (by that I mean would it be open all day, lol) or still have the same closing times. Here, VMK would close at 10PM and open at 7AM (11PM-8AM, DST?). I'm usually on the computer from 9-10PM - 5-6AM, so I wouldn't really have much time to be on VMK.

Also, I wouldn't really want to waste money on a game, I didn't play alot after one of the times that I quit. When I would log on I wouldn't really do anything and I didn't really have any friends that I talked to so I would be really bored whenever I got on. I kind of played alot for awhile when the checkers game came out but then I went back to signing in once every week. I wouldn't pay for something I know I won't use much or at all, so I wouldn't pay to be able to play this game again.

Like my other posts on DIS, this one probably doesn't make any sense either...

I would..I already waste 10 bucks for Toontown and POTCO a month. Plus many other assorted games not affiliated with Disney.

DC

RIP Cherishina <3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter