What do you think....

• First option

• Second option

• I think you should do.....

Results are only viewable after voting.

obscure

Mouseketeer
Hey all,

Thanks to all the advice from lovely people on here I've come to some sort of decision about what we're gonna do whilst at DLP (only 9 days to go!!! :goodvibes ).

So the choices are between :

Day 1 - arrive 9am nothing prebooked as we could all be too knackered when it was booked for LOL. Eating at somewhere at Val D'Europe as the park shuts at 7pm anyway

Day 2 - Wild West show in the evening 6.30pm showing

Day 3 - (DSs birthday!) Plaza Gardens birthday party meal (3.30 I think they are)

Day 4 - Use early magic hours as its a saturday and get as much done as poss before the crowds build up! Eat and rest as the crowds dictate maybe hopping off to L'Elysee for a rest midday if crowds get busy then back to make the most of the longer opening hours.

Day 5 - Early Dinner at Cafe Mickey (characters hopefully will be there if we book for 6 - need to leave at 7.30 for our shuttle)

OR: change days 2 and 3 to be...

Day 2 - character breakfast

Day 3 - Cafe Mickey lunch with birthday cake & wild west show in the evening

So over to you guys vote on it (or make me a recommendation!).

We are a family of 4 - all vegetarian, staying at Hotel L'Elysee. Children are DD 7 and DS 5 (will be 6 on the 3rd day!).

Thanks all :)
Sadie

I like Option 2 but................................................................................

I would have the Character breakfast on the same day as Buffalo Bill i.e. Day 2.
The character breakfast has a great choice and includes hot food too, so after filling up at breakfast, probably a snack during the afternoon would then see everyone through to the BB meal.

Cafe Mickey meals are large and you might not feel upto the BB meal as well that day.

Plus you're using up the whole of the afternoon, say you eat at 1.00 at CM, we spent a good 2 hours in there, when we had a birthday party, (we werent dawdling, time just seemed to fly) you wouldn't come out until 3.00, back at the park by 3.30pm.
Then and I've just checked my brochure they ask you to arrive at least one hour before BB showtime, it's not compulsory I suppose but it's better than being rushed especially with the little ones, so allowing for 1/2hr to walk back to the Village, you really need to think about leaving the park at around 5.00pm. That only gives you around an hour and a half in the park in the afternoon and quite a bit of toing and froing from the village.

Hope you don't mind me putting my 2 pennorth in and it might not suit you, but I try to plan my days, so we can have nice meals but maximise our park time too. :)

I agree with Jill about option 2 with a character breakfast on Day 2 with the Buffalo Bill show in the evening rather than doing the show on Day 3 with the lunch.

Also, just my opinion, but I'd keep Day 3 to the Plaza Gardens Birthday Tea and swop the Cafe Mickey character dinner on Day 5 to a character lunch so you're not clock-watching.

Thanks Jill.

I'd not really thought about the having to get out to go to the show earlier - glad I posted for opinions now!!

It seems to be tied between cafe mickey with cake and the plaza birthday tea party at the moment LOL! I've heard that the cafe mickey ones can last a lot longer as theres not a second sitting waiting to come in like with the plaza... I guess with it being his birthday DS could be lucky with the characters in there too!

DH doesnt like planning so is being absolutely no help whatsoever LOL I don't want the children to miss out if we dont book something though!

:) Sadie

Thanks Elaine!

I totally see the logic behind having the show on a different day to the rest - I'd not really considered the rush between lunch & the show before -sounds like I'll keep to my original plan of doing it the day before his birthday.

I was wondering about the clock watching on the last day, if I move it to lunchtime then that will give us a needed break in the middle of the day - and the hours are longer on sunday so we can stay up till the time we need to leave too!

We can always grab a snack in the airport on the way home if still hungry later on too :) Help pass the waiting time!

Not wanting to complicate things anymore, but have you considered the Lucky Nugget saloon, for the party? It's in Frontierland, it's a character meal and you can have a birthday cake and the buffet is very extensive. We loved our meal here. :)

LOL *head explodes* I am sooo bad at decision making :D

I've not been looking at buffets so much due to the fact that we are vegetarian - I was looking at inventions but have been told its not very good value for vegetarians. I reckon the children would love the mickey pizza and I like the look of the 'make your own' pizza aswell as the pasta at Cafe Mickey, hence thought that would be a good choice.

Do they do character meals in the lucky nugget? Or do you have any feedback as to what the veggie selection is like in there? We'll most likely try eating other sit down places during our stay but wanted to book a few things in advance. Does Lucky Nugget need booking too?

been reading you post with intrest , we off in 12 days 7-10th , me and my son are veges too, your choices are very like ours i was also cosidering lucky nuggett but wasn't sure what would be vege on the buffet , the characters and the 'show' look good though i think they do a little show down stairs correct me if i'm wrong?

really wanted to eat at walts or blue lagoon but not good choices for the kids there

suzanne

Hey Suzanne

Yeah I looked at the menu for bluelagoon and there was a distinct lack of anything we could eat - so I gave up on that one!

I've not really looked at the menu at walts yet so you've saved me the hassle (we are so lucky in that both children eat pretty much anything that is put infront of them as long as its veggie so its helping with the choices!). The only problem we have is that we so rarely eat 'junk' food that their systems may get a bit overloaded LOL!

Looks like you leave the day we arrive else I could have reported back as to the veggie stuff we found!

Looking back at details in our trippie perhaps, Lucky Nugget may not be a good option for a vegetarian, there were a lot of meat dishes when we were there.
Sorry.

Thanks Jill :)

*sigh of relief that the number of options has been reduced* LOL!

Sooo looking forward to going (and even more so seeing the childrens faces when they realise they are not going to school that day instead they are off to disney :D) Yes bad parents - taking them out of school for a couple of days, but it was the only way to do it for DSs birthday and they are only in primary school ....

It doesn't get any easier, once you've been you'll know what all the food choices are and be in even more of a muddle next time trying to decide. LOL.
At your children's ages I think they will learn as much from the trip as they would in the classroom.
Geography, culture, foreign languages, to name a few and a large helping of fun with it. :goodvibes

Thanks Jill,

I reckon they will learn loads from the trip - they both do after school french club so hopefully the trip will make them nicely motivated for the rest of the term in french class!

We have taken them out of school for Glastonbury festival before as I reckon that is a hugely beneficial experience for them but couldnt justify DLP in quite the same way - but thinking about it I reckon you could be onto something about cultures and geography :)

Wont feel quite so bad about it now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter