Your Own Wine Bottles at Dinner

lovetotraveltx

DIS Veteran
There are 6 of us and some are wanting to bring their own wine. Is there a $25 corking fee per bottle they open for you. So, if we bring two one night, there's a $50 charge? Thank you!

There are 6 of us and some are wanting to bring their own wine. Is there a $25 corking fee per bottle they open for you. So, if we bring two one night, there's a $50 charge? Thank you!
Yes the price is per bottle. It is still a good deal considering Disney's markup on wine

It is still a good deal considering Disney's markup on wine

Not if they do it repeatedly. Three nights of that would be the same as three bottles from the DCL premium package, JUST in corkage fees—and I would hope they’re not considering paying to have them open bottles that cost less than the $25 fee. OP, I’m normally an obsessive rule follower, but in your situation I would consider coming to the MDR with at least one of those bottles already poured into glasses.

Sure if you bring cheap bottles that are on the wine package you aren't saving. I usually bring Oregon Pinot Noir that retail for $30-$50 a bottle. Since I am in the wineries wine clubs I can get a 20% - 50% discount. If Disney had those bottles on the list they would be charging close to $100 a bottle.

Not if they do it repeatedly. Three nights of that would be the same as three bottles from the DCL premium package, JUST in corkage fees—and I would hope they’re not considering paying to have them open bottles that cost less than the $25 fee. OP, I’m normally an obsessive rule follower, but in your situation I would consider coming to the MDR with at least one of those bottles already poured into glasses.
If you use the same bottle of wine on subsequent nights, there's no corkage fee. Only the first time it's used.

haha true - or outside.
you can roam around the ship with a glass of wine in hand (except the kids/sports/pool areas), even take it to dinner with you.
While you can do that, it is against the DCL alcohol policy. Any alcohol brought onboard must be consumed in the stateroom.

Yes, if you pay the corking fee. I was replying to the fact that PP said he was roaming the ship with his glass of wine.

Maybe but they have no way of knowing if you bought the wine at a bar or got it in your room when you are carrying it around. It may be Disney's policy but it is not possible to enforce.

We bring our own room, have our stateroom host provide us with wine glasses, then bring a glass to dinner. No one has ever questioned this.
Of course they won't. It's on each person to abide by the requested restrictions. It's called personal responsibility.

Finishing your wine at dinner or while roaming around the ship is pretty low on the list of DCL infractions, but it still is against The Mouse’s rules. I guess you’re either a rule follower or not.

I’d imagine that DCL is more concerned with the optics of people toting their six packs and/or wine bottles up to the pool, into lounges, into the theaters, etc.

Finishing your wine at dinner or while roaming around the ship is pretty low on the list of DCL infractions, but it still is against The Mouse’s rules. I guess you’re either a rule follower or not.

I'm not a rule follower when the only purpose of the rule is to bring in more revenue so they can afford to pay Iger tens of millions of dollars in salary every year.

We bring our own room, have our stateroom host provide us with wine glasses, then bring a glass to dinner. No one has ever questioned this.

Same here. I have had lots of servers remind us to do this so they do not have to charge the corking fee. I asked one of my favorite servers about this and he said they literally hate to charge the fee but they have no choice if you bring the bottle to the Dining rooms. its very easy to get around it by bringing your own glasses from the stateroom. Concierge Cast also tell their guests to do this (Come get a drink before dinner and bring it to the dining room).

Same here. I have had lots of servers remind us to do this so they do not have to charge the corking fee. I asked one of my favorite servers about this and he said they literally hate to charge the fee but they have no choice if you bring the bottle to the Dining rooms. its very easy to get around it by bringing your own glasses from the stateroom. Concierge Cast also tell their guests to do this (Come get a drink before dinner and bring it to the dining room).
Concierge wine is considered ‘bought on board’ and can consumed in public spaces. The policy only applies to alcohol brought onboard by guests.

I actually am not a fan of the selection of wines on DCL so we bring bottles from our own cellar. We bring a bottle to the dining room so we can have a glass of wine with dinner and the bottle follows us though the dining rotation until it is gone and then we bring another. That doesn’t stop us from drinking our own wine on the ship but we strictly follow the rule of not using glass. Instead we use lovely Disney Cruise Line Tervis wine glasses. We have also shown up at dinner with our pre-dinner glass half consumed. No one has ever said anything to us other than to tell us they like our Disney wine glasses!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter