Your parents’ band thread

My mom loved country - Dolly Parton, Loretta Lynn...and I picked that up from her.

My dad played a little guitar. I remember hearing songs like City of New Orleans and Wastin' Away Again in Margaritaville.

I played a lot of kids' music in the car when DS was little, and he picked up some of my country songs too (though I wouldn't say he actually likes them.) I think the only band I consciously introduced him to was the Beatles.

He likes different stuff now, that he's found on his own or through friends.

Mom adores The Moody Blues so I listened to them growing up quite a bit - they were actually my very 1st concert. Las Vegas at Ceasar's Palace when I was 10. We saw Justin coming out of the elevator. :love:My dad listens to a variety of things but in his teenage years it was Black Sabbath and Deep Purple. He loves country now which I just am not a fan. My brother was part of the 90s grunge rock scene so I listened to a lot of Nirvana and Pearl Jam when I was around him.

I'll listen to quite a wide variety (no country or rap if anyone has any pity on me) but I'm a fan of hard rock (Foo Fighters, Starset, Five Finger Death Punch, Smash into Pieces, etc.) . At least I come by it honestly with my family. :rotfl2:

My mother was a huge Elvis fan. My father loved bluegrass, especially Jimmy Martin and Bill Monroe. Bluegrass can be an acquired taste, but I love it (and Elvis).

I loved Springsteen and The Beatles. DD loves Springsteen, hates the Beatles. (She may be the only person I know who hates the Beatles.) DS hates Springsteen and loves the Beatles.

My mother was a huge Elvis fan. My father loved bluegrass, especially Jimmy Martin and Bill Monroe. Bluegrass can be an acquired taste, but I love it (and Elvis).

I loved Springsteen and The Beatles. DD loves Springsteen, hates the Beatles. (She may be the only person I know who hates the Beatles.) DS hates Springsteen and loves the Beatles.
What about the Dave Clark 5? Some people who dislike the Beatles like their similar but different style instead. Perhaps she would enjoy this song:

I have succeeded in getting my girls to like what I listened to :) It makes traveling SO much easier :) Of course they don't like all that I do but they have taken a love of the oldies with them :) Journey, ELO, Steve Miller band and a myriad of other 80's artists. Also, I listened to a lot of 40's music when they were little and they will still listen to Bing Crosby and the Andrew Sisters. They all feel like cleaning the house when they hear Glenn Miller( because for awhile that was the only thing that could get me motivated to clean :))They have also taken a liking to some MY parents loved. Charlie Pride, Dolly Parton, Johnny Horton, Jim Reeves, Patsy Cline, John Denver. I love that they will listen to all genres and all time periods!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter