• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your Perfect 'Chunk' ?

excygnet

Earning My Ears
Hi,

One suggestion that we read, and find really works for us, is to divide our day into morning, afternoon and evening segments/chunks (can't think of a good word).

Because we (mom, dad and 11 y.o.) are tied into school dates with high crowd levels our usual routine is:

Morning 'Chunk' - Get to the park for Rope Drop and stay until noonish
Afternoon 'Chunk' - Go back to hotel for leisurely lunch/swim/nap
Evening 'Chunk' - Return to parks early evening - back in hotel by 10.30ish in preparation for the next day's early start.

We don't do the same thing slavishly every day but it's our most common routine.

Now I come to my question:

Does anyone have a suggestion for a series of things that combine together to form their perfect 'chunk'? What are the things that would combine to make a perfect morning or evening at the world?

Hi,

One suggestion that we read, and find really works for us, is to divide our day into morning, afternoon and evening segments/chunks (can't think of a good word).

Because we (mom, dad and 11 y.o.) are tied into school dates with high crowd levels our usual routine is:

Morning 'Chunk' - Get to the park for Rope Drop and stay until noonish
Afternoon 'Chunk' - Go back to hotel for leisurely lunch/swim/nap
Evening 'Chunk' - Return to parks early evening - back in hotel by 10.30ish in preparation for the next day's early start.

We don't do the same thing slavishly every day but it's our most common routine.

Now I come to my question:

Does anyone have a suggestion for a series of things that combine together to form their perfect 'chunk'? What are the things that would combine to make a perfect morning or evening at the world?

Well, we are pretty similar in our touring styles as we often have to travel in summer when there are crowds, heat and extended hours.

We like to hit some big rides (ie those with long lines) first thing in the morning and taking care of everyone's "must dos". Then as the crowds start to come in, we can start to be tour with a more leisurely pace. Then we generally do one of two things:

Plan A: Have a TS lunch in the park we are at. Having a sit down lunch revives us and often gives us some energy to tour for a little while longer. We then will head back to the resort in the late afternoon for some R & R and a CS resort dinner and may or may not head back into the parks or go to DTD. If we do head back into a park, it's usually because we want to see the night time entertainment. If we get there early enough, we will take in some less crowded attractions.

Plan B: Leave the park around 1 or so and go back to resort for some R & R. Then head out for an early dinner and maybe back to the parks for the same reasons as above.

Overall, we like to make sure that we hit each park once at opening (sometimes 2x at MK) and that we see at least 2, if not all of the nighttime shows (Fantasmic, Wishes etc...) We try not to burn the candle on both ends every day though and find that we have more fun overall if we have a couple relaxing evenings hanging out at the resort and/ or sleeping in once or twice.

Morning - Getting all the major attractions done is always my perfect scenario. For example, in Studios that would be TSM, RRC, and ToT - and probably Star Tours for my kids happiness.

If we get the major stuff done in the morning, we have a more relaxed lunch.

I don't really have a perfect afternoon. Sometimes we go back and swim, but we also will stay all day. It just depends.

Evening - nice TS dinner, relaxing, walking around and people watching or doing some attractions we didn't get to, night show

Our "chunks" look much like yours. And they work well for our "high" crowd times we visit - Christmas and Thanksgiving.

My perfect morning is being at rd and getting on all my major hits for the chosen park - doing this makes the rest of our day relaxed and feeling good!
Our morning chunk usually includes lunch in our park of the day, but its also usually the last thing we do before we exit, so it is relaxed and fun to talk about our morning.

Afternoon perfect time is at our resort swimming or taking a nap or sometimes going to a water park.

Evening "perfect" time could be many things - going back to a park for rides, shows and the night time fireworks show and parade. Or it could be a resort tour of MK or Epcot resorts which would include dinner at one and checking out all the others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter