Your "Planned" Magic moments??? What do you do to enhance the magic?

xipotec

Grinning Ghosts
I just heard of a DAd who brings a golf ball to "catch" on Soarin... Thats so cool!

Another mom who brings plastic gems to catch at Mickeys Philharmonic.

Whats your magic trick for your kids???

I always did the optical illusion at the Cinderella fountain behind the castle. people think I'm crazy but it so cool!!

What do you do to add the magic????

This seems so cool! I can't wait to see everyone's responses! I need to get creative this trip!!

i need new ideas! taking twins back, last visit was 2008 and very RUSHED! this time we are there 8 days and not crowded, any suggestions would be very welcomed! They are 11, boy/girl. thanks
Christa

I think going to Walt Disney World for vacation is magic in and of itself. Maybe it's time to pick a different destination if it starts getting old.

I do custom cakes on the side, and I have a wide array of fine grade cake glitter at home. I usually pack a few colors and "pixie dust" my girls' with it before they hit the parks. I initially started bringing it for BBB type purposes- but I really like to sneak up behind them to do a surprise "dusting" in the morning- then at some point in the day (usually on a bathroom stop), they realize they've pixie dusted. pixiedust::lmao:

great idea tig!

I think maybe some Barbie shoes to make prints in the stuff!!!!

Ok Keep them Coming....

Oh and its not dull, flightless, these are the extra fun things we creative/mischevious types love to do all the time! (Stitch in my soul)

First, I love the golf ball idea. I'll be using that one this August.

Second, Flightless bird, where is your creativity? Take a bit of the Disney magic and apply it yourself. The results are wonderous!

Third, my "trick" is that Tinker Bell visits our room. On our first night at the hotel, when we leave the room, I make an excuse to go back in (I usually "forget" something) and leave both the kids a small disney themed gift and sprinkle it with superfine glitter. They LOVE that Tinker Bell came in the room.

We have our first trip coming up in September, so I'm learning about WDW. But my best friend has been a CM for 20 years, so I have a lot of stuff from her.

The main thing we're doing, and it is mostly to save on money, is doing a nightly gift from Tinkerbell if they're good. Basically the whole Santa concept, substituting Tinkerbell, and I already have my Disney merchandise ready. This way if they ask to buy souvenirs, they won't get a gift from Tink. Given everything is already tailored to the day's activities, I think they'll enjoy it and it will motivate them to be good.

Their favorite characters send them mail when they have accomplishments or bad days. Like Cinderella sent my DD a note encouraging her to potty train. And I use "Don't make me write a letter to Mickey" as threats for when they act up and tantrum.

Custom t-shirts with their names and favorite characters on them.

I bought their princess dresses and have invites ready and will have the front desk deliver them the day of their dinner reservations. The invites will come from the princesses themselves.

Cool thread - I can't believe I don't know, but what is this? :blush:

Hehe,
This is an OLD tradition in my family.

If you go out the back of the castle (WDW) on the left there is a bronze fountain statue of Cinderella. Behind her is a mural of the crown. If you stand about 4 feet from it, the crown "floats" above her head. As you "bow" the perspective change makes it look as though the crown is being plaeced on her head.

Its a real old school illusion, simple perspective, but its one of those things Disney did, and its cool to know they thought that hard....

You can see the crown in the background here.

2905228450_fee300848b.jpg

Hehe,
This is an OLD tradition in my family.

If you go out the back of the castle (WDW) on the left there is a bronze fountain statue of Cinderella. Behind her is a mural of the crown. If you stand about 4 feet from it, the crown "floats" above her head. As you "bow" the perspective change makes it look as though the crown is being plaeced on her head.

Its a real old school illusion, simple perspective, but its one of those things Disney did, and its cool to know they thought that hard....

You can see the crown in the background here.

2905228450_fee300848b.jpg

Awesome! Will be checking this out next time! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter