Your Predictions re Changes to DVC now that Iger is back as CEO

CarolMN

DVC Co-Moderator
Super Moderator
Let's keep this thread focused on what we think will change for DVC Members as a result of the change.

I don't look for any major changes to DVC due to the change in leadership. Sadly, I also believe most of the changes to the parks that many of us strongly dislike will also remain.

Your thoughts?

Iger stood up on stage and said DVC was so important as it meant loyal fans returned year after year. This wasn’t that long ago, I can’t remember where he was when he made this speech, no doubt someone can. Perhaps a D conference.

Chapek seems to have gone out of his way to destroy the relationship with returning guests who don't spend as much money as fresh meat.

I’m hoping Iger will appreciate no company ever has run a strategy to purposely destroy its relationship with its’ biggest net promotors (DVC, annual passholders etc). That was an insane strategy. What any normal company would do when faced with overwhelming demand is increase supply.

I'm not a DVC member, but I have friends that are, and we spent a week with them last month @ WDW. In old-fashioned business terminology, y'all are what's referred to as "repeat customers." IIRC my old business 101 classes from fifty years ago, I was taught those are your most important segment.

I look for some immediate changes to happen that are easy to do. Bring back annual passes. Disney dining food plan. Tables in Wonderland. Deferring or eliminating any announced layoffs.
I'd like all those things, too, plus the return of FP+, even if it's a paid service. I do NOT like Genie at all. :)

But do you really think Iger will make any of them happen? I don't. Hope I am wrong!

Try to focus on what is important for :
The castmembers
The guests
The Property .
Make some decisions that truly take into consideration
Respect for all including the Disney name and safety.
I think many decisions are far more important to the future than
” I want TIW or park pass/ hopping changed, etc.”

Parks and resorts predictions (yes, may be dreaming on some of them). He's not in charge of the parks, but I think he'll have a big say on certain things:

1) Return of annual passes at WDW
2) Raises for CM's
3) Joe Rhode returns to collaborate on MK and AK park expansions?
4) Possible revival of a new DVC resort at WDW (Reflections 2.0)
5) Epcot love - Mary Poppins attraction back on the table, something in the play pavilion, etc.
6) Return of the Dining Plan.
7) Revamp of Genie+. Possibly into something completely different.

We at least know that he will consider whether to bring back Annual Passes, because the New York Times mentioned the controversy of the Unfavorables in its article about his return.

Disney’s best customers have been printing T-Shirts in Disney script, proclaiming themselves as Disney Unfavorables.
(Because of a Chapek statement about annual pass holders producing an unfavorable mix)

I count myself in that group, but I don’t have a T-shirt yet.

Thanks for CastMember consideration in your reply.
Disney is getting away with outsourcing most aspects of the business . We really need to pay attention to what is going on beyond my personal happiness for my personal vacation.
I loveDisney and want it to be prosperous , safe and respected.

I wonder if EMH will change back to the way it was before. I kind of hope it doesn’t because I like the evening extended hours for deluxe only. That is one change that has been a plus for us.

I would love if genie plus went back to something like the old fast pass system. Even if we have to pay for it still

I really would like to see the park reservations and hopping only after 2:00 go away. That really messes up our vacation style.

I think APs would be an "easy" thing to offer. Not sure how that works in the pecking order of their business model.

I think Iger will try to restore public image. We all love Disney on this site, but they have made some BAD decisions that have made all of us question them at some point. Which of those decisions they focus on is anyone's guess.

I do not think we will see any type of major change in offerings for anytime soon until some of the other aspects are taken care of in terms of the Disney brand.

But, I think things like APs, and the return of earlier park hopping are more likely to happen in 2023.

Just the optics of Chapeak being gone and Iger being back is what I think they will capitalize on to start.

In terms of DVC? He was in at CEO when all the changes to DVC started in terms of making resale different than direct, especially for the resale restrictions that were done with RIV.

So, I think that plan will continue under him and that if it was something they were considering abandoning it, they will change course and stick with them.

Last edited:
Will our DVC points be worth more with Iger as CEO?
My DIS stock is now worth more, so will DVC follow the trend?

Iger stood up on stage and said DVC was so important as it meant loyal fans returned year after year. This wasn’t that long ago, I can’t remember where he was when he made this speech, no doubt someone can. Perhaps a D conference.

Chapek seems to have gone out of his way to destroy the relationship with returning guests who don't spend as much money as fresh meat.

I’m hoping Iger will appreciate no company ever has run a strategy to purposely destroy its relationship with its’ biggest net promotors (DVC, annual passholders etc). That was an insane strategy. What any normal company would do when faced with overwhelming demand is increase supply.
Well-said, Wakey.

DH and I had this discussion this morning. Fingers crossed!

I'd like all those things, too, plus the return of FP+, even if it's a paid service. I do NOT like Genie at all. :)

But do you really think Iger will make any of them happen? I don't. Hope I am wrong!
Yes. Good will and magic ARE what Disney is all about and Chapek pretty much destroyed it. Bob Iger stepping in is a unique opportunity (and only IMO) to reestablish Disney. I don't see prices decreases and frankly don't care as long as we get a Disney experience. We are heading over to AK at some point today so we'll see what's going on. We're blacked out for Thanksgiving but will be around all next week watching with hope!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter