Your tax dollars at work!

Hey, those air marshalls don't need to care about people!

Er, wait...

Sadly, there will always be people of small minds out there...:sad2:

If the pay rate for marshals is anything like the other TSA employees, I can only say that you get what you pay for. You want a better quality of employees-pay a decent salary!!!

If the pay rate for marshals is anything like the other TSA employees, I can only say that you get what you pay for. You want a better quality of employees-pay a decent salary!!!

If only Disney followed that rule :rotfl:

Do you really think low pay is a good enough excuse for racism and homophobia?

:confused3

Do you really think low pay is a good enough excuse for racism and homophobia?

:confused3

No, but I think that salary does enter into the quality of employees you get and the level of commitment they have to doing their job well. It's certainly not the sole determining factor, but it's in the mix.

Better educated people, people with more experience tend to gravitiate towards jobs paying higher salaries-better educated people and people with more experience in the world tend to be less bigoted.

Hi PeterPan! Nice to see you here again! ::yes::

I do understand the general concept of what you are saying. And I know that you are not saying "all" and "every."

However, I don't think that lack of education or money is sufficient reason for someone to be homophobic, or racist, or sexist, or any other "ist." :)

There are gay, lesbian, people of widely different ethnic backgrounds and both/all genders in the community of the poor and uneducated.

Hi PeterPan! Nice to see you here again! ::yes::

I do understand the general concept of what you are saying. And I know that you are not saying "all" and "every."

However, I don't think that lack of education or money is sufficient reason for someone to be homophobic, or racist, or sexist, or any other "ist." :)

There are gay, lesbian, people of widely different ethnic backgrounds and both/all genders in the community of the poor and uneducated.

I'm not saying it's an excuse-and I'm sure not condoning it.

Bigotry is based in ignorance, education and work/life experience can and often do result in less ignorance and therefore less bigotry.

If TSA is paying salaries that are lower than average, they are going to get a larger number of folks with less education and less work/life experience. I think that you're naturally going to run into a larger percentage of folks with "isms" in that crowd.

Better educated people, people with more experience tend to gravitiate towards jobs paying higher salaries-better educated people and people with more experience in the world tend to be less bigoted.

I've been around the block a few times, and I can assure you, Bigotry has nothing to do with socio-economic status!

I know plenty of people you would consider to be rich who happen to be very bigoted and homophobic.

In fact, I would even go so far as to say most of the people I know who are making minimum wage are far better people in this department....

I think I have to walk that block with you, O'Mike.

I've honestly been thinking about these last few posts, and yes, there is some intolerance in "uneducated" groups (whatever that really means) but there is also more heart, and willingness to help in those same groups.

I think that having lived a tougher life, so to speak, having gone without, having to work hard for what one has... all those things can be seen as factors that contribute to a person learning through experience.

Bah. I'm rambling and that's pretty annoying so I'll shut up, but I've known/do know some breathtakingly ignorant, hateful and intolerant well educated, wealthy people.

I live in a liberal bubble and sometimes forget that there is that much hatred and ignorance out there.
A game, really??? How sophomoric!

Creature? only one inhumane player in this scenario!

I think that having lived a tougher life, so to speak, having gone without, having to work hard for what one has... all those things can be seen as factors that contribute to a person learning through experience.

Bah. I'm rambling and that's pretty annoying so I'll shut up, but I've known/do know some breathtakingly ignorant, hateful and intolerant well educated, wealthy people.

Can I get an Amen for my sister!

You know, I keep toying with moving to Orlando but every time I see something like this it makes me pause.

The UK isn't perfect but we have anti-discrimination laws that cover race gender identity and sexual orientation and we can even get married after a fashion (it's called a civil partnership but for all legal purposes is a marriage).

In fact the Pope's got his panties in a wad because we're about to enact a new law that means the church can't refuse to hire someone who is gay or transgendered.

I just don't undrstand how a country that is so forward in other areas like the USA is can be so blinkered... :sad2::sad1:

Why I quit my job with the TSA after working there for less than 6 months, in no particular order.........

1. I had to fire a male employee for walking up to a woman in a full burka and asking her "hey baby, what do I have to do to get under those sheets?"

2. The idiot HR decision to put a very mild mannered observant Jewish man in a yarmulke as the contact person for Air Jordanian and Air Kuwait--seriously the abuse that guy took from passengers and airline employees, was insane. A quick transfer put him in charge of El Al and Swiss Air and made everyone much happier and safer.

3. Another idiot decision that put a man with Tourette's Syndrome in a passenger facing role. Now the biggest problem with his duty assignment was not his ailment, but the trigger word that he screamed....I will let you guess but it starts with a N..... My first week at the airport with the TSA I had to make the decision to allow the older african american lady from Detroit to be allowed to board her flight after she attacked this kid with the world's largest handbag after he screamed his trigger word in her face. I transferred him to a position where he screened cargo, and he thanked me ever time he saw me.

4. At the same time I had idiots (and I really mean idiots) in positions of authority at jobs that were 6 pay grades higher than people with University of Chicago master's degrees in the lowest level positions.

5. I honestly feel the airport screeners that were all fired when the TSA took over had more value to add as security personnel. Today if you go to any airport in USA you will find that most of the employees only speak one language. The previous employees were for the most part immigrants and as such multi-lingual. If someone with ill intent against an airline/air port wanted to they could discuss their plot in line and the employees as a whole would have no idea. Not kidding, entire staffs of many local fast food stores applied for jobs at the same time--MANY people who had never worked any other place than at a fast food restaurant are now providing your airport security.

And don't even get me started on the Air Marshalls.........

You know, I keep toying with moving to Orlando but every time I see something like this it makes me pause.

The UK isn't perfect but we have anti-discrimination laws that cover race gender identity and sexual orientation and we can even get married after a fashion (it's called a civil partnership but for all legal purposes is a marriage).

In fact the Pope's got his panties in a wad because we're about to enact a new law that means the church can't refuse to hire someone who is gay or transgendered.

I just don't undrstand how a country that is so forward in other areas like the USA is can be so blinkered... :sad2::sad1:

I have dear friends in the UK who wonder why we don't move there. With this recent Supreme Court ruling that allows corporations to buy political ads, we have seriously discussed it.

Moving to the US, Florida in particular is not a great idea for any same gendered couple, or lesbian, gay, bi, or transgendered person in general. The laws are oppresssive and the civil liberties that are withheld are significant.

Visit for WDW? Certainly. Live here on purpose? Not so priceless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter