• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your Thanksgiving Day plans...?

igitur

Mouseketeer
This thread is for anyone who will be on Disney property on Thanksgiving day. Just curious, what your plans?

I know many people stay away from MK because of the crowds and many others "go with the flow" and spend the day there.

Our group of 12 is staying at BCV. We have 1:15 p.m. reservations for an early Thanksgiving meal at the Yacht Club Galley. The rest of the day we're planning on relaxing at Stormalong Bay. It's not every year that we get to sun and swim in late November :cool1:

Maybe a walk into Epcot in the evening for one last fireworks display since we head home the next day.

Anxious to hear from others,

Deb

We avoided the parks when we visited over Thanksgiving. We also had a large group and stayed at the BCV!

We had an early dinner at Cape May. This was the last day of our trip so we hung out at the pool and also bought our last minute purchases.

The parks did get busier as Thanksgiving approached!

TerriBelle said:
We avoided the parks when we visited over Thanksgiving. We also had a large group and stayed at the BCV!

We had an early dinner at Cape May. This was the last day of our trip so we hung out at the pool and also bought our last minute purchases.

The parks did get busier as Thanksgiving approached!

Sounds like we have the same ideas ;)

How was the weather when you went at Thanksgiving?

The weather was great for doing the parks. Our kids did swim maybe 1/2 the days. We did not do the waterparks because the warmest days were early in the week and I didn't want to use up our prime MK not busy days! The pools were heated but it was cool when you go out of the water, so walking up to get on the water slides might have been a problem.

Be sure to try and schedule meals so that you can check out all the great Holiday decorations! We ate at Chef Mickeys one night and then took the boat to Wilderness Lodge. We also ate once at GF.

We also managed to see the Osbourne lights at MGM the night before Thanksgiving. This was a lot of fun.

Since we're staying at FW we're going to spend the day at the campground. If Homasassa Springs is open that day we may drive over there and see the manatees. Then back in time for Boma at dinner and a little sight-seaing at AKL.

We have ADR`s at HW&V with the fantasmic package, I know MGM will be crowded sinice it is the only park with Christmas lights up but, we`ll deal with it, since we leave for home on Friday and it will be our only opportunity to go see them!

feeling like a princess already!

There will be four of us at BCV for Thanksgiving this year, our first trip to WDW in over 15 years. Another 9 family members will be staying offsite and joining us for dinner. I still don't know what to do for dinner, HELP! Some had suggested ordering a pre-cooked meal from a local grocery store, what do you think? At first we wanted to get ressies at Liberty Tree Tavern, but that was going to be too expensive and my kids (3 and 6) probably wouldn't want to sit down for a meal with all the excitement going on. Any advice for take out food, or should we cook (!!) or go out?

The diners ages are 3, 6, 12, 12, 15, 41, 42, 45, 46, 47, 50, 62 and 70!

We are planning on visiting MGM that day. We figured all restaurants would be packed so since we are first visiting my mom in Miami the weekend before we will be celebrating with a Thanksgiving dinner that weekend. :rotfl2:

disneydenisel - We stayed at the BCV when we were there for Thanksgiving. There were 7 of us - Me, DH, DD (9), DS (3), DS(3), GM, GF. One of the appeals for us was the fact the no one had to COOK! We had dinner at Cape May and it was great! They offered all the thanksgiving stuff plus a large selection of the regular buffett. Since it was a buffet the boys were free (3 and under) and they did not have to wait for the food! For our family it was much easier to go out then try and cook at the resort. We did have a 2BR with the kitchen, but when I am on vacation I have no interest in cooking!

Not sure yet, depending on the weather and the mood of our group we may be at AK, NASA or Universal. Either way no reservations and am planning to eat at the timeshare but not a traditional meal. My hubby's family is English so they don't know about Tday anyway! I know it is going to be busy and we are trying to pace ourselves since we are seeing the parks Nov 20th-28th and they want to see it all and have never seen anything.

Jenn

P.S. I have 3 plans set up for how we will use our days at that time and it depends on our group/weather. I want to make sure our days to MK are good weather while the ones to Epcot/MGM I'm not as picky.

We're planning to hit MK early and hopefully get out before it gets too crowded. I know everyone says it'll be extreamly busy that day and I'm sure it will, but hoping a lot of folks will be staying away from MK and visiting during EMH the night before. We have an 8:05 ADR at CRT and then having TG dinner at California Grill at 5:00. We're staying two nights at POFQ and two nights at BCV. (booked too late to get all nights there)

We're staying at POFQ for the week and hope to have some downtime but on Thanksgiving we're starting off the day early at Breakfastosaurus and spending the day in AK. We tried for ADR's at Boma but since we just decided to do this 3 weeks ago they were all booked up. So we're eating at Wolfgang Puck's for Thanksgiving.

We can't wait, it's our DD2's first trip to WDW and she can't talk about anything else but going to Mickey's house.

dman11 said:
We're staying at POFQ for the week and hope to have some downtime but on Thanksgiving we're starting off the day early at Breakfastosaurus and spending the day in AK. We tried for ADR's at Boma but since we just decided to do this 3 weeks ago they were all booked up. So we're eating at Wolfgang Puck's for Thanksgiving.

We can't wait, it's our DD2's first trip to WDW and she can't talk about anything else but going to Mickey's house.

We'll be at POFQ on the 23rd (arriving are 3:30pm or so) and the 24th and we'll have my granddaughter who's 2yo for her first trip too. Maybe we'll see you there; hoping it'll be warm enough to spend some time at the pool after lunch on the 24th. :wave2:

jennymouse said:
We'll be at POFQ on the 23rd (arriving are 3:30pm or so) and the 24th and we'll have my granddaughter who's 2yo for her first trip too. Maybe we'll see you there; hoping it'll be warm enough to spend some time at the pool after lunch on the 24th. :wave2:

We're arriving on the 22nd and hope to spend the evening in the pool after arriving. We're also bringing our 10 and 11 year old's that have been there before. We may actually end up back at the hotel for a quick swim before dinner on the 24th so maybe we'll see you there.

dman11 said:
We're arriving on the 22nd and hope to spend the evening in the pool after arriving. We're also bringing our 10 and 11 year old's that have been there before. We may actually end up back at the hotel for a quick swim before dinner on the 24th so maybe we'll see you there.

I'm also bringing my 11yo granddaughter who's been there several times too. Hope to run into ya!

We arrive Thanksgiving Day, after checking in at CSR we are heading over to Epcot. We have a 6:30 ADR at YCG.

Thanksgiving will be the 2nd day of our trip...so we plan to go to DTD in the morning, return to the hotel and try to make the kids take a nap :rolleyes: , and then go to Epcot maybe around 2 or 3pm for our Thanksgiving dinner with the princesses at Akershus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter