• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your Thoughts about Teenagers in Pleasure Island?

cpl100

DIS Veteran
We are going to Disney in July and will be doing the Park Hopper Plus. I took my two boys to PI when they were very small (because PI was a new thing!). Obviously, we didn't stay till the end of the night with them and they haven't returned for the night 'stuff'. They are now ages 16 and 'turning 14 during vacaction' and I am wondering what others think of this 'experience' for this age. They could easily stay up until the New Years Eve thing on the stage (do they still have that?) so that is not the question.

All thoughts and prior experiences appreciated!:wave:

For a14 and 16 year old, I don't think there's a lot to do at Pleasure Island. You're supposed to be 18 to enter unless accompanied by a parent or guardian and that's fine. But once they enter I don't think there's a lot that they would enjoy. I think they would enjoy the comedy club, although I don't know how explicit the material of the comedians can get. The Adventurer's Club would probably also interest them. But most of the clubs there are dance clubs. There are some shops and live entertainment on the stage. The entertainment in PI is geared towards adults of all ages, but not to teens. When DH and I went in March 2001 we mostly just strolled the shops and enjoyed the area, we didn't go to any clubs b/c DH doesn't like clubs. BUt there really isn't anything to do there for teens. There's also a lot of alcohol consumption in PI, as everyone likes to basically go and party.

I would suggest enjoying downtown disney with your boys earlier in the day, because before 7pm you can go through PI without paying. but after 7pm they need to be accompanied by you and also it costs $21 to enter. HOpe you can work something out!

Thanks for your reply. Do they still top the night off down there by the end of the PI area with some sort of music and New Year's Eve party replication?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter