Your Thoughts On This Situation...

AKL_Megs

DIS Veteran
I'm just curious how someone else would feel in this situation...

A friend of yours is out to dinner with her DH. She texts you a photo of a big margarita that she (and her husband) is drinking at a very local Mexican restaurant.

Then she says, "Are you and DH home tonight?" You say, "Yes."

About an hour later, she texts you and says, "Since you were home, we ordered two more rounds and probably shouldn't drive home. Can you come and get us?" (Two miles away.)

I'm off to go pick them up because I'd hate to think of them hurting someone, but I am sort of ticked. I'd NEVER do something so irresponsible (get drunk while out somewhere with no real DD) on the assumption that someone would come and get me.

How about, BE RESPONSIBLE?

A friend of yours is out to dinner with her DH. She texts you a photo of a big margarita that she (and her husband) is drinking at a very local Mexican restaurant.

About an hour later, she texts you and says, "Since you were home, we ordered two more rounds and probably shouldn't drive home. Can you come and get us?" (Two miles away.)

I'm off to go pick them up because I'd hate to think of them hurting someone, but I am sort of ticked. I'd NEVER do something so irresponsible (get drunk while out somewhere with no real DD) on the assumption that someone would come and get me.

I'd text back: Sorry, we're snockered too. :woohoo:

They'd have to have something on me, some sort of blackmail scheme, to get me to go out and get them.

I'm sure the restaurant could call them a cab.

Meg, please do everyone here a favor and never move, ever! You have the most interesting friends. :rotfl::rotfl:

Yeah, it was pretty ballsy of them but it's nice you helped them out.

I'd probably pick them up, too, but I wouldn't be happy about it. Talk about rude...and stupid.

It would depend on the friend, there are a few that I'd go get with no problems, a few others I'd say "sorry, I've been drinking too" and just not go. That's very rude and presumptuous!!

I had a roommate pull this. :headache: I had just gotten home from work, I commuted an hour away, she got plastered midweek and asked me to come get her across town. I was not happy.

If your town has a taxi I would have told thim to call for one,

Of course if they had ever drove you home because you were drunk than I guess they had the right

I'd go pick them up. Only because they don't seem responsible enough to not try to drive themselves home. I'd feel too guilty if I said no and then something horrible happened.

But in the future, if they did the same thing, including the picture of the margarita, I'd probably reply differently. Since they've done this once, don't let them know that you are at home. They will just be looking for a free ride home when they have too much to drink.

I think that what they did was rude and I hope they appreciate you!! Now, if they had texted and said..."we're thinking about ordering another round, could you maybe pick us up??" ...then it would have at least seemed like you had a choice.

I have done something similiar. Several months ago, we were out with my sister and BIL. We decided to get a drink, then another. Knowing that my 20yr old nephew, his 21yr old GF, and my 17 yr old neice were all home watching movies, we called them and said to flip a coin and someone come pick up the tipsy grown-ups. Dsis and BIL didn't feel bad about ordering them around since they were all enjoying the comforts of their home.

I'd go pick them up. Only because they don't seem responsible enough to not try to drive themselves home. I'd feel too guilty if I said no and then something horrible happened.

But in the future, if they did the same thing, including the picture of the margarita, I'd probably reply differently. Since they've done this once, don't let them know that you are at home. They will just be looking for a free ride home when they have too much to drink.

:thumbsup2 This time I'd give them a pass, but only this once.

They probably thought they were being responsible (by making it their problem). I guess it would depend on how good of friends they are and how I feel.

I would have called a cab to pick them up and allowed them to pay.

Wow. This is a great example of why I really hate to get in a "friends" mode with new ppl. Ppl. like this just drive me insane. It was very nice of you, but I like the pp thought in saying that you've been drinking too, so maybe they should call a cab.

My thoughts?

That's what friends are for...for good times, and bad times...I'll be on your side forever more....

And so on. For real. I'd go pick my friends up, thrilled they at least were "responsible" enough to call. I'd also tease them mercilessly about it for years (all in good fun) and the kind of friends I have would return the favor if I needed them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter