Your toddlers' favorite non-attraction in the parks

goofy4wdw2

DIS Veteran
I'm sorry if you also saw this on the Theme Parks and Strategies board, but I posted it there by accident, and really intended to post it here...

Other than the rides and shows, what are your toddlers' favorite things (water areas, play areas, character areas) in each park? DD will be 20 months during our April trip, and we want to make sure we don't miss the things she would like that we've overlooked in the past. For example, I've noticed kids playing in the little water/fountain area toward the back of Future World heading toward World Showcase, so we'll be sure to take here there. Thanks in advance!!

My dd's favorite parts are the playgrounds. When she was a toddler I found that she found joy in just taking it slow and exploring everything, fountains, plants, animals (even squirrels), statues.... She also LOVED the characters. We spent a lot of time with them.

Ariel's grotto has a play area with squirting water that the kids love. There is also a pooh's playfull area.

Animal Kingdom has a bone yard playground area. We had to make my daughter leave this area. She would have stayed there all day.

MGM has a who shrunk the kids play area.

Down Town Disney has a squirting water area also that kids like to play in.

Epcot has a lot of fountains that my dd loved putting her hands in.

My most adorable and crazy 3 year old daughter loves, loves, loves Ariels grotto and Poohs playground. She completely gets herself soaked. The last time we were there it was cool (January) and she looked like a wet rat! Afterwards while she's shivering and I'm trying to change her I asked her why she got so wet if she was cold and she told me she was a mermaid!

As others have said, Pooh's play area was my son's favorite thing during our last trip. He was 15 months old, and we went there a few times. He got to meet Pooh right outside the area and kept saying "Daniel saw Pooh" for DAYS after our trip. :)

When DS was 18 mths., his favorite playground was in Mickey's Toontown Fair. He also LOVED taking the ferry from the TTC to MK.

My most adorable and crazy 3 year old daughter loves, loves, loves Ariels grotto and Poohs playground. She completely gets herself soaked. The last time we were there it was cool (January) and she looked like a wet rat! Afterwards while she's shivering and I'm trying to change her I asked her why she got so wet if she was cold and she told me she was a mermaid!

That is too funny!:rotfl:

This is a good thread. Ill have to make sure to make some time for these things for my dd too! :)

My kids loved the fountains outside of "Journey into Imagination" at EPCOT as well as the other squirting playgrounds mentions. Come to think of it, my kids loved the entire play area that you go into after the Journey into Imagination ride!!! I also have some great video of my kids having a ball in the misters all around Disneyworld - just a little water will do it!!!

If you can, visit Legoland in Downtown Disney. There is an outside play area where kids can build their own cars (or whatever else they want) and then race them down a ramp. There is also a small playground there and lots of different life-sized "statues" made of tiny legos including a full length water dragon in the water!!! Lots of fun there!

My dd was only 14 months on her last trip but she loved the lights in the pavement at Epcot. She was fascinated by them. If there was a duck, that lead to the ever popular activity of duck chasing. Can't wait until this summer, she will be a freshly turned 2 yr old. She also loved the fuzzy characters last summer, she was a bit stand offish with the face characters. We did not book a character meal anticipating she would be scared of them but it was obvious from day 1 she loved them so we booked a dinner adr with pooh and the gang, she had a ball. I'm curious if she will like them this year or be scared of them.

Highly underrated and usually plowed over by eager parents (including me) is dancing on the side walk

I can remember finding such joy just dancing after having done a cool show or ride and my parents encouraging me to "hurry up already"

I am guilty of doing the same to my kids. I plan on our next trip to break out in dance with them.

At Magic Kingdom poohs playground was fantastic though i wish I had brought my kid a change of clothes.

MGM jumping in the footprints

Animal Kingdom animal find... "I see a lizard, can you find it?" and everyone would look. Repeat non stop entire park visit

julie

My DD3 was 2 our last trip and 18 mths the time before that.Her favorite was Donald's boat in Toontown and Minnie's house.She also loved the water mister near Space Mtn.Here is a pic of her playing in the mist.

WDW2006187.jpg

We had to drag DD out of that boneyard in the AK. She loved it and I think it was probably her favorite thing in all of WDW.

When we took DD (2.5 at the time) she really liked the petting zoo at AK. She would have brushed goats all day.

our ds was a little over 2 when we went last August. He loved any and all of the transportation. Boats, monorail, the train, and buses. His favorite ride in any of the parks was the TTA , rode it several times :thumbsup2
Donald's boat was a big hit too.
It was so hot, he actually did'nt mind sitting back in the stroller - people watching !

HOney I shrunk the Kids in MGM. It's nice in the late afternoon. It is shaded and gives them a chance to play.

maybe I'm way to emotional, but that put tears in my eyes :guilty:

Owenwater3.jpg

DS playing with the water near Donalds Boat, while my DH took the other kids on the barnstormer. It was cool I could watch them and him at the same time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter