Your Unpopular Opinions

Most of mine are political and/or religious so they can't be discussed here but one of the more benign ones is that we are encouraging and assisting our 19 y.o. DS to make a plan to move out and live independently, even prioritizing it (gasp) over higher education. We'll always be here to support and help him but we really believe autonomy means accountability and that it's not positive for young adults to have all their needs provided for and to become accustomed to making "lifestyle choices" on someone else's dime.

I'm also an adherent to "My house, my rules" and I believe a guest should never bring food to a dinner party unless requested to do so by the host. Both of these views have been shown to be very unpopular here on the DIS, if not IRL.;)

I am very narrow-minded, so I have a lot of opinions that are not favored. And not for me to say on the Disboards.

However, this one I can share :

I wish there were mandatory drug testing (for illegal and prescription drugs that have not been prescribed for the specific person) for ALL professional sports players and for music groups. Like anything that requires you buy a ticket. Like for a professional baseball team or a music group that is performing at a large venue.

And if drugs are found in their system, the players/musicians will be unable to perform.

Illegal drugs are a HUGE issue, and by allowing people to get away with using them, and letting them profit while using them, I feel that we, as a country are enabling them.

See, it is a very narrow-minded opinion. But it is something I have felt needs to happen for a long time. And I am sure it is not a very popular opinion among most people.

Aside from political and social issues? I firmly believe that Taylor Swift is a pretty face and that is it. She is not that talented. I also believe that the new My Little Ponies are ugly and should not exist!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter