Your very first or one of your earliest Posts/Thread when you joined the Dis

Joined in 03 and been posting on and off f or years - i do not remember lol

Under your user name "postings" is offered then, one can look at older postings. In my case after the "Challenge, I love a challenge!" it took me to my first, and many, many, others. Also Threads one has started is offered to view too. :goodvibes

Last edited:
Apparently my first thread was a DCL trip report. I had been on here for a while before just lurking for DCL info, though. Then I found the Community Board and there went all my free time.

I wouldn't even know where to begin. Undoubtedly it was a technical question about something attraction-related. I didn't even know there was a Community forum (where I spend 99% of my time here) until about a year or so ago.

I wouldn't even know where to begin. Undoubtedly it was a technical question about something attraction-related. I didn't even know there was a Community forum (where I spend 99% of my time here) until about a year or so ago.

See post #22

Pretty sure I responded to something to do with someone going to WDW and stressing over the intensity of some attractions. First thread I started? No idea. :)

See post #22. Fwiw, I'm sharing this because I've enjoyed reading how I responded to threads then. As you know it's all about ME! :rolleyes1

Very first post the day I joined in Oct 2006

Talking about a garage sale on the Budget Board

Make sure you put that you have plus sizes in your ad......believe me it'll bring the people in.

I've gotten as much as 10 on items if they are in good shape. They price plus sizes so much higher in the stores that finding a good item for 10 is a true bargin.

Much more then 10 won't go at a yard sale.

However check on your resale shops they will often buy clothes outright. In my town we have one that only does large sizes.

My very first post was on February 17, 2011. I lurked for about a year before I posted. I found the Dis while planning a July 2010 WDW trip that coincided with my DD's 10U All Stars Softball Southeast Regional Tournament in Altamonte Springs, FL.

I answered a post that asked, "Have you used window paint on your car?" I said:

"Yes, I have used the window paint many times, mostly for kids' sporting events (championship games, All Stars, etc). July 2010 my daughter's All Star softball team competed at Southeast Regionals in Altamonte Springs Fl. After the tournie we spent a week in Disney World. While we actually painted the car for the tournament, it ended up being a real bonus at Disney. We could always find our car from a mile away in the huge WDW parking lots!

There are two kinds of window paint. Both come in bottles with foam heads. The tempra type comes off with water - first rain, your handiwork is GONE. The second type is weather resistant. It lasts until you remove it. You can either scrape it off with a razor (time consuming) or wipe it off using WD40 (very easy). You can find the paint in several colors at Ben Franklin."

That took some digging, but here is my first Dis post, on the Budget Board -- June 1, 2013

We just made the decision to postpone our trip so we could increase our budget, so I'll say less frequent but more extravagant is our preference. But we are planning an adult only trip so age of kids is not an issue, and we have our heart set on some fantastic dining and a split stay ending with a savanna view at AKV. I'd rather out it off another year and have a staycation this year instead of downsizing

That trip has been postponed a few times since I posted that, lol. Priorities have changed a lot since 2013.

What's up with that? I've seen the notices to update or something?

About 2-3 weeks ago Photobucket began charging a fee for making photos available in 3rd party forums, etc. For the low, low price of $399 you may continue to post to your heart's content. I've seen that "update" icon all over the internet. I don't use it but it sounds as if they started the policy without warning leaving some very unhappy campers.

About 2-3 weeks ago Photobucket began charging a fee for making photos available in 3rd party forums, etc. For the low, low price of $399 you may continue to post to your heart's content. I've seen that "update" icon all over the internet. I don't use it but it sounds as if they started the policy without warning leaving some very unhappy campers.

Ahhh...

It took a while but I finally found it! I posted to the budget board. Sounds like me always trying to save a buck:thumbsup2.

Does anyone know can I go to the Disney Store and buy disney dollars with a coupon? Thanks for your help.

This was supposed to be a once in a lifetime type trip....who knew where this one trip would lead?

**Official December 2010 Thread!!**

June 23, 2010

Booked our December trip last night! I haven't been in YEARS (like early '90s), and this will be my daughter's first trip. I am learning so much reading this thread. We are going for long enough that we will also try to hit Universal (especially Harry Potter - DD and I are fans) and maybe SeaWorld.

My first post was an introduction on the Teen Board, and my first thread was called "Any Fansies?" on the Teen Board. It was my attempt at reaching other Newsies fans on the DIS.

My first was from Feb 2005- I have POR booked for last week in April with AAA rate of $126/night not including tax

I joined in 1997 or 1998 doing research on the new Disney Cruise Line. There were only 2-3 forums then, and one was the DCL one. I was on the 6th Magic cruise, in August 1998. I wrote a trip report, took photos, and answered tons of questions about the cruise and ship. Things were a lot different then.

Since then my post count has been wiped out several times when the board crashed.

Denise

Finally found mine from March1st 2011. I answered someone's question in the"Vancouver FAQ" thread on the DCL section.

"For any locals...how far is it from the fairmount rim pacific hotel to east side marios? We only get there when we are in Canada!!!"

There is an East Side Mario's in North Vancouver but from the Fairmount it is easy to get to without a car. From yourhotel, it is about a 5 minute walk to Waterfront Station where the Sea Bus leaves from. The Sea Bus is part of our public transit. The Sea bus goes directly to Lonsdale Quay. It takes about 12 minutes. Lonsdale Quay is a great place to walk around with a market, little stores and restaurants. It is also a nice spot to take pictures of the city from there.

....kind of ironic since the last thread I posted in today prior to this one was a Vancouver question thread and I mentioned Lonsdale . FYI, that East Side Mario's no longer exists .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter