• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your worst moment at a Disney park?

sparks19

DIS Veteran
So what is your worst moment at a disney park?

mine is the last trip in September we were at animal kingdom and the wire in my bra decided it was done and snapped in half LOL

I didn't have another bra with me and we had already gotten a REALLY late start to the day (like think NOON) and then we had dinner reservations for 6 so I didn't have time to go change bras.

So the whole day and even I walked around with a wire snapped in half stabbing me the whole time and making my bra fit weird.

extremely uncomfortable lol. What a time for that to happen. I swear that is my biggest pet peeve... snapping wires in bras (this is a regular occurance for me haha) and to happen at a Disney park? that's just cruel and unusual punishment :lmao:

so what is your worst moment?

Animal Kingdom. August. 1999. That is the year we learned about DW's hypoglycemia (which is increased by heat and stress), and we waited until 2:00 for lunch. We haven't been back to Flame Tree BBQ since, because that is the site of our one and only (ever) shouting match.

We swore off the AK in general and WDW in August. Thankfully, one cool misty day a few years later revived our hope for the AK, and we now love it. But we always pick the coolest day of the trip for that park.

Mine too was at AK. DD's sneakers were soaked from Kali (the CM said she couldn't be barefooted & she had no other shoes) & she was starting to get a blister on her heel. We decided all would be OK if she had dry socks to protect her feet. For the next 40 minutes we scoured every gift shop but NONE had socks! :eek: We finally found a 3 pack of $$ princess socks & got those!:headache: Our frenetic quest was rewarded, however, cause just as we were leaving the shop, the parade came back around & we got a great, uncrowded view :goodvibes!

The day I had to wait nearly 40 minutes for a bus back to POP from AK. The eventually called in a van to pick me up. I was not a happy camper that day as it was the day we were checking out.

Every single trip DH and I fight in DHS.. I just about don't want to go there!

We plan our trip carefully before mother nature calls, and avoid the week before that because I can be just a twee persnickity, but no matter what, DHS brings out the fight in us! It is really annoying because we have maybe one or two shouting matches a year if that at home, but DHS really brings out the worst in us!

LOL AK seems to be the place for the worst to happen haha. maybe it's jinxed :D

yeah I always seem to end up on vacation when mother nature makes her rounds lol. I'm starting to wonder if people are planning it this way on purpose :rotfl: but that would be insane because then they have to deal with my mood swings

:eek: well I have said it before ... and Ill say it again ...

I go to Disney with my 9yr old dd & usually a friend or my sister will tag along -

I HONESTLY have the best intentions of starting off with a zippidy zoo dah pleasant attitude and I really LOVE LOVE LOVE Disney but, as the day rolls on (no matter which park) and I start to feel the "time crunch" and wanting to pack it all in ... I tend to get very cranky and rushed and aggrivated with everything ** especially strollers and motorized scooters gallore ** but I feel like Im being swallowed by speed bumbs so to speak and I loose that happy do anything go anywhere take it as it goes feeling -- I swear the "calm post trip ME" feels like my eyes must have been twirling on the trip and whaaaaaat came over me? .... in day to day life I am very passive, happy, positive, nurturing but boy do I turn into some OCD crazo by the end of my trip.
Im trying better techniques for my upcoming October trip === and for those of you who admit to yelling matches with DH ... this is the EXACT reason why I do not travel with mine ... Id hate to see "us" being the side show at the park which is what we would become after his tollerance level gave out ... he HATES heat and crowds so Id give him 2 hours before he turned into someone i couldnt wait to kill with my bare hands :lmao: (i kid, I kid) about the killing ... not about how bad we could be

The worst day for me was on our first park day of our last trip. We had just arrived at Epcot and had gotten the bags and kids in the stroller. I went back to the car to get something out and my ankle gave out on me. By the time we got into the park and over to first aid it looked like there was a baseball attached to my ankle. I got an ace bandage and took some Motrin and went on with the day, I tried not to slow everyone down but I was definately having a hard time walking around. My DH wanted to get me a scooter or wheelchair but I am pretty stubborn and just went on. By the end of the week I was still in pain and it took a good 3 weeks for it to heal completely :(

The worst day for me was on our first park day of our last trip. We had just arrived at Epcot and had gotten the bags and kids in the stroller. I went back to the car to get something out and my ankle gave out on me. By the time we got into the park and over to first aid it looked like there was a baseball attached to my ankle. I got an ace bandage and took some Motrin and went on with the day, I tried not to slow everyone down but I was definately having a hard time walking around. My DH wanted to get me a scooter or wheelchair but I am pretty stubborn and just went on. By the end of the week I was still in pain and it took a good 3 weeks for it to heal completely :(

That is one of the many things the scooters are there for. Why be miserable the entire trip?

Last May. First day of our trip. I managed to lose my Disney Visa rewards card with $700 on it! :scared1: I had a total meltdown at guest services. :sad: The poor girl at the counter was very nice.

I ended up being able to transfer the rewards to a new card. Both the Chase people and the Disney people were so great!

The next night I managed to drop my brand new Cannon DSLR camera off the bed.:eek: Smashed the uv filter into a million tiny pieces, but thankfully the camera and lens were fine.

Not the best start to the trip, but could have been much worse in both cases!

"mine is the last trip in September we were at animal kingdom and the wire in my bra decided it was done and snapped in half" LOL:rotfl: I can relate!!!! Those wires are little stabbers:rotfl:

I had a brand new small,over the shoulder Liz Claiborne bag, had just gotten off Spaceship Earth and suddenly my bag falls off my shoulder. I lost a small, miniscule screw holding the strap. Try finding that on the colorful carpet:rotfl:. So I got to spend the rest of my day holding onto my purse in a weird position.

So what is your worst moment at a disney park?

mine is the last trip in September we were at animal kingdom and the wire in my bra decided it was done and snapped in half LOL

I didn't have another bra with me and we had already gotten a REALLY late start to the day (like think NOON) and then we had dinner reservations for 6 so I didn't have time to go change bras.

So the whole day and even I walked around with a wire snapped in half stabbing me the whole time and making my bra fit weird.

extremely uncomfortable lol. What a time for that to happen. I swear that is my biggest pet peeve... snapping wires in bras (this is a regular occurance for me haha) and to happen at a Disney park? that's just cruel and unusual punishment :lmao:

so what is your worst moment?

Worse moment involved a mean CM at DHS. Our APs gave us trouble at the turnstile so I went to Guest Relations once we entered. I sent the girls to wait for rope drop for RNR. The CM after complaining the while time reissued the tickets. The park had opened so I went to get FPs for TSM. The newly issued tickets didn't work so I went back to Guest relations and, of course, the mean CM was the only one available-yippee. He rolled his eyes and then looked at the tickets. He had issued 2 in my name and then started blaming me! After that he accused me of not having the girls in the park. I thought he'd make me track them down and bring them to guest services but he didn't. They were about to board TOT so thank goodness he didn't do that.

Not a horrible moment but bra related. I bought a couple of new ones for our trip and wore one. We got to the park and all of a sudden I began itching like crazy-I wanted to scratch off my skin. Went to the ladies room and my skin was beet red near the bra's lace. Apparently, I'm allergic to it. I wasn't about to go back to the resort so I bought a dark colored t shirt and went w/out a bra. The entire day I walked around with my arms crossed under my ****s to control the jiggle factor. If you're a D cup you understand.:)

On our last trip (2 years ago- We needed a year off after it!), the in-laws were with us. They are older & don't move at my speed, so I was constantly stressed b/c we weren't able to do things the way that we normally do. Then, halfway through the trip, DH broke his foot. After attempting one day in a wheelchair, he pretty much spent the last few days of the trip in the room (came to dinner with us each night). At this point, having the in-laws there was a good thing b/c they took DD to the parks one day while I stayed with DH in the room, and then I took DD another day while they stayed with DH.

Standing at the Downtown Disney bus depot, waiting for a bus that would take us to CBR on Easter weekend. 20 minutes later it gets there. I'm already not feeling good. Stomach is bothering me and I'm hot. We get on the bus and the bus driver gets off of the bus. For *45* minutes!

Finally, when the bus leaves, it makes 3,203,397 stops at every resort and water park before finally taking us back to the CBR.

It was that day that made we swear off Disney busses for the rest of my life. I will never, ever, *ever* set foot on one again.

The first time we took my dn (niece) to Disney and they were not going to let me into the park with the shirt I had on. Had the CM call over a manager, and my dad was about to go into the park alone just to buy me a shirt. "Ma'am, this is a family park - you just can't wear a shirt that says that here." Um, dude, THIS is a family restaurant, as I showed him the back of the shirt that had Joe's Crab Shack on the back. Ok, so the front said "Bite Me", I didn't think it was that bad.
And hey, Minnie thought it was so funny that she bit me! :laughing:

:goodvibes I also have an AK story. And a bra story, though that one is non-Disney.

Last trip, dd was 4, and took a tumble by a bathroom near Flame Tree. She skinned her knee pretty badly - and she's an overreacter, so it SOUNDED like she had broken something. But we know our kid, we calmly dug out the well-stocked 1st aid kit and patched her up.

But... it kept bleeding. And she kept screaming. And bleeding. And screaming. So we plopped her in the stroller and headed for the 1st aid station.

Just as the parade was starting!

It was a nightmare. Poor screaming little kid that I couldn't comfort since I was trying to manouver through the crowds and shops. People giving us funny looks but not moving out of the way (since they had staked out those spots for the parade). It was just awful. A kind CM eventually directed us through the shops, but they're somewhat mazelike.

Finally got to 1st aid - still bleeding still screaming. There's a family hanging out and blocking the door. They made no effort to move out of the way for us. I could have killed them. And I would have at least yelled at them if dd didn't need me to be calm. Grrr...

It turned out to be just a bad scrape. It did eventually stop bleeding. That night, she wouldn't walk on it. We had a nice quiet night in the room, and we were fully recharged the next day.

Now the bra story. This was at a local amuzement park. I had worn a comfortable front-clasp. But the wooden roller coaster jiggled it loose. It was interesting to try to casually hook it while chatting with my group. I can't imagine what they thought I was doing.

The next year, we did the same park, same coaster - and yep, same bra! Of course it happened again. I learned my lesson THAT time!

Ours would be the night we went to the Halloween party.
My mom isn't a "just be silly" kind of a person. But, for some reason the Halloween party brought out her kid side---FINALLY.
Well, she was dancing around and somehow hurt the back of her leg, like her calf muscle. Well, she couldn't even walk on it. We limped up to the first aid station and got an ice pack and some medicine.
The rest of the trip it was sore. When we got home, she had a bruise/knot on her leg where it was hurting. The dr told her it looked like she had broken a blood vessel or something. Luckily, it wasn't as bad as it could have been!
She continues to be silly now when at WDW just no dancing :rotfl:

Mine was in November, 2010 at CSR. I had dialysis supplies shipped to the resort. I called and confirmed delivery the day before arrival. When we got to check-in, they had lost them! I had just gotten out of the hospital, so skipping wasn't an option. Since we were only staying at CSR one night, my husband was able to go to BLT and get supplies to get me through the night. When the supplies were finally located the next day, they tried to charge me for supplies they lost! It worked out okay, but it was a stressful few hours!

Our wort thing that happened was my dd fell on main st and got hurt, it was super hard to find first aid help,of course my son had to get sick all over his bed the first night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter