You're a National Treasure - Nov. Exercise Challenge

hmack

DIS Veteran
You're a National Treasure - November Exercise Challenge

I chose this as our theme for the month because:
1. To show some love for Disney's non-animated movies
2. November always has me feeling oddly patriotic, maybe it's the combination of election day, Veteran's Day and Thanksgiving traditions
But most importantly:
3. You're a Treasure. Really! I think that we're all so good at pointing out our flaws that we forget how unique and special we are and that people value you. I know this because in this team - we value each other.

4. What do you do with a treasure? You take good care of it. One of the ways we can take care of ourselves is to exercise. It helps us both physically and mentally.

So...with that in mind:

The challenge for November is ON! The goal of this thread? To make a commitment to exercise for a specific number of minutes this month (you choose the goal that works for YOU).

A goal of 30 minutes a day will be 900 minutes for the month

A goal of 1440 minutes for the month is 24 hours (a full day!) of working to improve your health

So set a goal and join in!

When you achieve:

10% of your goal, your color will change to Blue
25% will bump you up to Orange
at 50%, we'll celebrate by turning you Purple
at 75%, you will become a Great Gray Go-Getter!!
In keeping with tradition, you be Red at 90% (cuz you're on fire!)
and you'll be Wish Green upon achieving your goal.

Whether you've joined this journey in the past or if you're a newbie - WELCOME!

lisah0711 - 1000 minutes! 1210/1000 = 121.00%
hmack - 1000 minutes! 1024/1000 = 102.40%
SarahDisney - 1200 minutes! 1203/1200 = 100.25%
2TxAgs - 1400 minutes! 1652/1400 = 118.00%
Figment1990 - 1440 minutes! 885/1400 = 61.46%
MrsAr - 1600 minutes! 1313/1600 = 82.06%
bangzoom6877 - 1000 minutes! 1050/1000 = 105.00%
glss1/2fll - 1500 minutes! 1456/1500 = 97.07
dizzyr - 1575 minutes! 1547/1575 = 98.22%
slightlyocdDisneyfan - 900 minutes! 930/900 = 103.33%
DisneyBelle99 - 900 minutes! 640/900 = 71.11%
snels - 1000 minutes! 1030/1000 = 103.00%
swissfamilyrobinson - 700 minutes! 572/700 = 81.71%

Let's get to know each other a bit.

When you sign up for your minutes, let me know:

What is your favorite (or one of your favorite) non-animated Disney Movie?

I'm in with a goal of 1000 minutes. :cool2:

My favorite nonanimated Disney movie is Pirates of the Caribbean: The Black Pearl. pirate:

Thanks for hosting, hmack! :flower3:

I'm going for 1000 minutes this month.

with my Nov. work schedule and the winter weather coming (yep, they're calling for a chance of snow Nov. 1&2) 1000 minutes may be a challenge, but I'm going for it.

Favorite non-animated Disney movie: you're going to think I'm weird, but I have a wicked soft spot for the 1976 version of Freaky Friday.

(if the host was nice and let us pick two, I love Remember the Titans, as well)

Thanks for hosting again this month!

Sign me up for 1200.
I'll be at Disney World for a few days this month, but I still should be able to manage it.

Favorite Non-Animated Disney Movie: Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
I love the ride at Disneyland ... I wish they had it in Florida.

I'm in .... 1400

I didn't realize Titans was a Disney movie. That's a fave at our house for sure. I love Swiss Family Robinson, kids loved the Lindsay Lohan version of Parent Trap. (I had to google Disney non animated movies to see what was out there.)

Ok. I'm going to try this AGAIN! I don't know what my issue is. I actually did hit my October goal but I never remembered to post on here. It was a cray fall. I'm sure the holidays will be just as bad but I'm going to give this a try again- mainly bc I love the question!

My fave non-animated Disney movie is pirates (the first one). I love it. If it (or national treasure) is on tv I will stop as watch it. Every time.

I'm in for 1400 minutes. I've never had a goal that high but I think I can do it. I'm going to break that down to 450 running miles (can't wait for the turkey trot!) and 950 non-running miles. I'm really trying hard this month to lose weight for our surprise Christmas Disney trip so I started tracking calories too. I think this minute goal will help too!

Thanks for hosting!

I'm in this month again. I'm going to try to get
In 1600 min this month. I'm hoping the increase will keep me motivated to move on days after the long runs for goofy training.

I'd have to say National Treasure is my favorite. I even stood in line at the National Archives so I could relive scenes from the movie. :)

Thanks for hosting again.

Hello!! I'm back for another month of exercise. To start off, my favorite non-animated Disney movie is Who Framed Roger Rabbit. I saw it in the movies and I still love it!

This month, my goal is 1000 minutes of exercise. I am determined to get this done! Last month my goal was 900 and I ended up exercising a little over 1100 minutes, so 1000 is realistic for November. Another personal goal of mine is to continue taking control of my eating and eat healthy whole foods. I have been focusing on that for a couple of weeks now and I really feel great. I'm following the Simply Filling plan by weight watchers, where you only count foods that aren't on the huge list of foods you just eat until you are satisfied. I love this plan. I'm a lifetime member of weight watchers for almost 7 years now, and it works for me. However I'd like to still lose 5-10 pounds right now, since a few did creep back up in the summer (long WDW trips do that sometimes, lol), and I still have to take some of that off. But I know I must keep in mind my health as the most important factor, and I'm grateful that I am in extremely good health according to my doctor at my checkup! He said to just keep doing what I'm doing, eating healthy and exercising regularly and so that's what I intend to do! :)

Happy November:

The month where we Vote!; we celebrate our Veterans; we holiday shop (if you're not already one of those people who are either done or wait until the day before to start); eat pie and hopefully exercise.

I've always loved November. Where I live it's not the prettiest month as everything is taking on a shade of brown and grey but there's something about it that makes me feel cozy. The tricky thing is that it's a month where I dream of watching movies from under a blanket with a mug of hot cocoa and when it gets dark at 5:30 p.m.

mmmm...we'll see how this whole exercising thing goes. :)

Please take a look at post one and make sure I got your numbers correct, if anything needs changing just give a shout!.

I'm in again for 1500, and Heather, I just posted my final results over on October to help the team make that 75% mark! Thank you so much for keeping track of us and making it fun!

Last month I was 300 minutes over my goal. I thought about upping it (since when I ran my goal was 2000), but because I don't run and there'll be a weird week in there, I think I'll keep it the same.

I guess I'll go with Pirates as my favorite non animated movie. It's funny, because I've had a hankering to watch it again. It's been a couple years! Maybe this weekend now that the World Series is over. It's tough being the only family member without testerone raging through my body! :rotfl:

I need to check the weather and see if it's going to rain. I've got laundry in the washer ready to :laundy: but I don't want to have to make a mad dash to rescue it!

Have a great weekend, all you National Treasures, you!

I'm in again! October is always a bad month for me and this one was particularly crazy and I didn't make goal although I was pretty close. I'm going to increase my goal to 1575. My schedule in November is pretty clear and I want to really focus on the exercise and weight loss so go big or go home! We also have 3 birthdays out of our family of 4 in November so I'll have a lot of cake to work off!!

My favorite non Disney movie is The Sorcerors Apprentice - love that movie!

November is going to be a tough month for me. Rehearsals will be in full swing and finding time for me will be a challenge. But, please put me down for a 900 minute goal. I should be able to do that!

Favorite non-animated movie is Mary Poppins. (I'm not counting those added little penguin animation). The Chimney Sweep scenes make me smile every time!

Please put me down for 900 minutes again. So many non-animated favorites, but my most recent would be Saving Mr. Banks.

Happy November: The month where we Vote!; we celebrate our Veterans; we holiday shop (if you're not already one of those people who are either done or wait until the day before to start); eat pie and hopefully exercise. I've always loved November. Where I live it's not the prettiest month as everything is taking on a shade of brown and grey but there's something about it that makes me feel cozy. The tricky thing is that it's a month where I dream of watching movies from under a blanket with a mug of hot cocoa and when it gets dark at 5:30 p.m. mmmm...we'll see how this whole exercising thing goes. :) Please take a look at post one and make sure I got your numbers correct, if anything needs changing just give a shout!.

I love November too...my favorite month of Fall, one of my favorite seasons (tied with summer)!!! Because DH and I both love the Fall so much, our anniversary is this month! It will be 13 years that we are married. We got married the Sunday before thanksgiving, our favorite holiday! I just love thanksgiving so much because it's all about the family being together enjoying each other's company and also all about the food. No presents to wrap, just good old family fun! My family is very close knit and we actually enjoy spending holidays together, and spending time together in general. Most vacations we take are together too...we are all going on a cruise together in July to Bermuda, all 11 of us. We have such a great time together and I feel so fortunate to have parents that are amazing people, have always been supportive of me and my sister, are so good to my husband, are fantastic grandparents to all 5 of their grandchildren, and who all of us just love to be with! My wish is to have the same type of relationship with my children and grandchildren that they have with theirs. I hope I am privileged to watch my grandchildren when they are babies, and to take them to school when I am retired in the future.

So, I always feel like I have a lot to be thankful for...a loving husband, two healthy and happy children, a beautiful family, and my own great health. And those are truly all things to celebrate! :)

62/1000

I did a new workout today...I bought Turbo jam Get On The Ball, two workouts and a stability ball that came out years ago but I never bought them because I never used to like using a stability ball. After my neck surgery in 2011, when I was in physical therapy they had me doing various exercises with the ball and I fell in love with it and bought my own. Well, my pump broke last week so I knew that next time I need to add air I wouldn't be able to. So I finally bought these workouts which came with the ball for a total of $40. Not bad since a stability ball itself costs near that, and I get the workouts. So today I did Total Body Blast, with modifications of course as usual for my lower back and for my neck. It was a tough one and I know I'm gonna feel it in the thighs and abs tomorrow, but wow it was a terrific workout! I think I found my Saturday workout for the next few weeks! I say my Saturday workout because I tend to do the longer workouts on the weekend and this one was 62 minutes. So I know I can fit it into my schedule on Saturdays.

I got up early this morning to go to a professional development conference for foreign language teachers. I had to take the subway and walk in the cold rain, and I thought it might end up being boring but I actually loved it and I'm so glad I went! I went to two workshops for Italian teachers, and the first one had to do with incorporating food preparation into the classroom, which I do some of (I had written a grant proposal a few years back and we got some money to purchase some cooking equipment), but my assistant principal and another Italian teacher from my school gave me even more ideas as they led this workshop! They were fantastic, my AP even explained to all the teachers in there how I had written the grant proposal and that we got some money to make this all possible. And we got to taste a few treats of course...but not bad for my diet, just little bits lol! Then I went to a workshop about using the media and technology for Italian classes and I got some new resources. The best part was that one of the presenters was a woman who student taught under me two years ago! It's such a great feeling to see my former student teacher doing amazing things. She teaches Italian in a middle school and she put together the entire program, as she is the only foreign language teacher in her school and she teacher all 250 kids! Not every student every day as they don't have the class 5 days a week, but that is so much to do and I am so proud of her. It was really great to see her!

So today has been a good day. I did my workout when I came home. Tonight we are taking the boys to our favorite German restaurant (besides Biergarten at Epcot, lol). This place has been in existence for around 80 years and the food is as authentic as it gets! :)

Good morning all!

Bangzoom6877, you're the first one to get on the boards for the month. Way to help us start the month off right!

Welcome to everone. So far we're a small group, but I'm sure we'll be a force of nature all the same!

For all those that were in the Ohana October group - I'm excited to report that we ended the month at slightly over 76%!! Meaning we exceeded our monthly team goal! I can't wait to see what we can accomplish this month.

IF YOU HEART IS IN YOUR DREAM, NO REQUEST IS TOO EXTREME - Jiminy Cricket.

90/1000

Yesterday I ran with my running group in the morning and then did a 5k in the afternoon. And had a PR for the 5k distance! :yay:

Congratulations to the Ohana for the October challenge. :cool2:

And thank you hmack for hostessing! :flower3:

Is it too late to join? If not, I'm in.

1000 minutes of exercise.

100/1000 so far. I have a good start walking on my treadmill.

Thanks for helping me!

snels! ofcourse it's not too late. I'm happy to see you. :)

lisah0711 - congrats on the PR!! :thumbsup2

I ran this morning and needed my gloves and earcovering. I'm currently watching the NYC Marathon and it makes me want to gear up and go for another run.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter