You're not GAY... you're NUTZ!

wallyb

<font color=blue>Love My Stella-rella!<br><font co
Pentagon Lists Homosexuality as Disorder :crazy:
A Pentagon document classifies homosexuality as a mental disorder, decades after mental health experts abandoned that position.
The document outlines retirement or other discharge policies for service members with physical disabilities, and in a section on defects lists homosexuality alongside mental retardation and personality disorders.

Okay, so that explains it ... I am nutz :upsidedow
Thanks uncle Sam.

So does that mean with special medication and therapy you could become normal like the rest of us straight people :crazy:
I just don't see how being attracted to someone of the same sex means you must have a mental disorder, then again people can be so closed minded that they really believe anyone that doesn't think like them needs to ride the little yellow school bus. :confused3

Do you actually think it is "normal"?

Personally, I would no sooner celebrate homosexuality than I would alcoholism. I've never heard of "alcoholic pride", or "alcoholic day parades".

It's not something to be celebrated, it's something to be treated. I'm glad people are finally catching on.

I suppose there has to be one in every crowd.
People do not ask to be born the way they are and for someone to believe they are not "normal" is insane.
Name one normal person in this world, the only name you could come up with would be your own! We are all God's children and we are the way He intended us to be and Yes, we should celebrate all our differences!

unfortunately there is always more than one in every crowd. My son came out to us in February. He is still the wonderful young man he was before that time. Yes I had a hard time absorbing it(even though we had suspected he was for a while)We love him with all of our being. He even says to us" I didnt ask to like boys" I am just glad we are the type of parents who are open and accepting so my son doesnt have to hide in shame. Thanks for listening Mimimom

Joyful19 said:
I suppose there has to be one in every crowd.
People do not ask to be born the way they are and for someone to believe they are not "normal" is insane.
Name one normal person in this world, the only name you could come up with would be your own! We are all God's children and we are the way He intended us to be and Yes, we should celebrate all our differences!

There are a lot more than one. Thankfully.

God also makes people with Autism. Do autistic people "celebrate" their differences? I'm going to guess no. Do doctors and scientists just label them as "Autistic" and let them be to their own? Again, I'm going to guess no. They work on figuring out ways to treat and, maybe someday, cure it.

It's the same thing.

I don't hate gays and I'm not a gay basher. I just call things as I see it. Nothing more.

well if u look at it that way.... why arent the republicans/conservatives trying to outlaw autism? the answer to that is easy they are distracting us from the war they have totally messed up. gays, like me, are not crazy, politics are
just my thoughts, sorry not meant to offend

Sonno said:
There are a lot more than one. Thankfully.

God also makes people with Autism. Do autistic people "celebrate" their differences? I'm going to guess no. Do doctors and scientists just label them as "Autistic" and let them be to their own? Again, I'm going to guess no. They work on figuring out ways to treat and, maybe someday, cure it.

It's the same thing.

I don't hate gays and I'm not a gay basher. I just call things as I see it. Nothing more.
I respect the fact that you can come to a gay board and say that. I don't, however, respect your position.

Being gay is not to be attributed to a chemical imbalance in one's brain. A person is gay, or labeled so, because their heart, their soul if you wish, tells them that this is way that they are meant to be. I cahllenge any scientist to discover and imbalance and create a medication. Until then, I see gays as i see people of different ethnicities.

Not sure why someone who feels like you do is perusing the Gay & Lesbian thread?

Anyway....can I get a handicapped tag for my car now?

Go 'Canes!!!! :dancer:

Nisa said:
Not sure why someone who feels like you do is perusing the Gay & Lesbian thread?

Yep, you're right. No sense in carrying on a civil discussion with other human beings about a point we disagree on. I guess I'll be going now.

Peace out.

I love how anti-gay people always say that being gay isn't "normal."

This is the reality: Based on all current and historical information available, it is normal for most people to be straight and some people to be gay.

Say, if Gayness can be cured, then it only stands to reason that straightness can be also.

Sonno, I can not agree with you, however it is always good to have differing opinions. Yes, yours will be very unpopular here. But you are entitled to it. I believe that if you came to this board looking to rile people up, you will be disappointed. I have never had the opportunity to talk with a group of people more civil and polite than the posters that frequent this thread. Be they gay, straight, bi, or any other way of description, it matters not.

Please, feel free to come here and read and post. This is an open forum and most all are welcome. I say most all because those who come here merely to spout hatred and ignorance will be treated as they are on any other DIS forum.

Nisa said:

Yes, I was kind of wondering the same thing. It's not like I go on the homophobic board and post. :confused3

wallyb said:
Pentagon Lists Homosexuality as Disorder :crazy:
A Pentagon document classifies homosexuality as a mental disorder, decades after mental health experts abandoned that position.
The document outlines retirement or other discharge policies for service members with physical disabilities, and in a section on defects lists homosexuality alongside mental retardation and personality disorders.

Okay, so that explains it ... I am nutz :upsidedow
Thanks uncle Sam.

I don't want a handicapped tag for my car - I want an early retirement!! I don't work for the military but I do work for another section of the government and I would be more than happy to say that I'm crazy if I get to retire early and travel. :goodvibes

Funny, I always did think "pentagon" sounded like a psych med.

"Honey, why are the hippos grazing in the backyard?"

"You didn't take your pentagon today did you sweetie?"

"Sorry, I thought they were tic tacs and gave them to the dog."

Nisa said:

I too thought it seemed a bit inflammatory. :stir: :stir: :stir:
I declined to reply straightaway for fear I would flame out and burst a vein. I need to keep it cool. Don’t want extra meds now that I’m mentally ill I fear an interaction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter