you're offered $25k to permanently move to the home directly opposite you would you accept?

Heck no! That side of the street blocks the sun and so they have ice on the ground from pretty much November - late March.

No--that side of the street is downhill, and gets flooded everytime we get a hard rain.

To move to the house east of us, no thanks. But to move to the house west, yes, in a heartbeat. It’s my sister-in-law’s house. 3 bedrooms, 2 bath, all on one floor, full finished basement and attached 2-car garage, nice size yard.

Sure, why not? (As long as professional packing and moving services are included.) We live in a condo complex and the home directly across from us is exactly the same as ours except a reverse-plan. The $25,000 would give me enough to do a cosmetic reno, if it needs it, and I LOVE doing things like that. Just finished my own last summer.

I don't think so. Our house is custom built and has many quirky things that are really nice. Well, wait a second...I could move alone and live by myself? Then maybe I would.

Absolutely NOT! I don't like the layout of that house. Mine is perfect, and everything I've wanted. $250,000? Hell yeah I would, lol.

No. It’s a two story with a detached garage. Ours is single story with attached garage. Much better for our needs.

Absolutely! Our road is next to the lake. We’re on the non-waterfront side but across the street is right on the water. I’d pay 25k to swap and still make out way, way ahead.

No. It's bigger and has more upgrades but I don't care. My kitchen is still a better workspace wise. We've also been here 25 years and there's something about that money can't buy! If our family was still growing and we NEEDED more bedroom space, I could see considering it. (A neighbor down the street just did this very thing, moved to a bigger house in the neighborhood. It has a worse kitchen and will need work, but they really needed more space for their family.)

Last edited:
No, my home has great solar orientation. This means that the place opposite which is a similar design is actually facing the wrong way with the sun. Definitely wouldn’t find that worth the $25k.

No. There are about 6 floor plans in our neighborhood and we have the largest of them. The houses directly on either side or front/back are all smaller than ours. For the next few years I need the space I have. I would be thrilled with more space. 10 years from now, I will move to a smaller house.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter