Youth groups in August??

disneyobessed

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at POP early/mid August but want to avoid any youth groups. We will switch to CBR or POR if anything is planned for that time. I checked the Disney Wide World of Sports and nothing is posted at all after Memorial Day. I did not know if they just had not posted it yet.

Nothing sports or music-wise, but often the South American (mostly from Brazil and Argentina) "15s" groups are there in July and August (mostly early August).

Nothing sports or music-wise, but often the South American (mostly from Brazil and Argentina) "15s" groups are there in July and August (mostly early August).

Yes. And the Brazilian groups are often louder, more likely to break into chants, more likely to cut in line. This is not an insult or stereotype, it is just how it is and cultural differences. I'd prefer to not be around any large under-supervised teenage groups, but if I had to choose between American school groups and Brazilians on their 15 year old trip... I'd choose neither and go to a higher level resort. And keep in mind that some groups do end up at moderates- we had some family friends whose cheer group stayed at CBR.

There can be youth groups present at any time. Sometimes you run into groups clogging certain areas, like food courts, or moving together toward certain attractions.

Sometimes it is just best to be flexible and zig when they zag.

There are always big crowds at Disney. When they are all wearing the same outfits it is more noticeable, but in the grand scheme of things the impact is unlikely to make a huge difference on your day.

Of course, when you walk into the food court and realize 100 people just arrived all at once it can be jarring. That is when it might be time to go to Plan B.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter