Ysl

DVC~OKW~96

<font color=green>I'm not big on gold as a color.
Although, I am the furthest thing from a "fashion plate" I've always enjoyed learning about haute couture and the history of fashion. Mostly because of what it means in a woman's life.

Yves St. Laurent has just died. He was more than a fashion designer. He changed the way women looked at themselves. He designed clothing for women that moved away from the fussy, overdone, rigid (think girdles and boning) styles. He designed the first "pant suits" that allowed women to be comfortable and highly fashionable. He put women in tuxedos for formal wear. I love that look still. If I ever were to spend any amount of money on clothing, I always thought that I would do so on an YSL suit.

I'll miss him, although he had retired from the fashion industry a few years ago.

Rest in peace, Yves. You will be missed.

Yves still had input into the making of his clothing lines. I had a harder time believing that Dior was dead from the 50's, boy my gay card was ripped to shreds on that one! But that's where Yves got his start, as an assistant to Dior, wow, what a small world.
His clothes were/are still making headlines, so he will long not be forgotten. Does that make sense? I thought it did.

Yes, it makes ultimate sense. YSL was indeed a Dior "boy."

So what's left in fashion now? (Besides Betsy Johnson, I mean). :teeth:

Yes, it makes ultimate sense. YSL was indeed a Dior "boy." So what's left in fashion now? (Besides Betsy Johnson, I mean). :teeth:

Well as Eddie would say- "Lacroix Darling! Lacroix!"

Karl Lagerfeld is still around, Chanel? Sounds from what I read this morning that St. Laurent battled depression, so sad.. He was clearly talented and has a wonderful cosmetic line with his name...

But Yves was highly battled too. I just saw a special on him the other day and it said that his garments, although now highly regarded, weren't that well received in the beginning, Dior loved the look, but the public wasn't going for them all that much, but now, everyone loves the look. And to be just a figure head at your own company for so long had to wear thin on him too, you can't run a multi-cagillion dollar company by yourself. Still, he's already missed.

La Croix, yes! How could I neglect that great name. KL...ok, but not one of my favorites.

Posh Spice? What is she designing? Jars?

Dear god, add her to Paris Hilton and all previous designers who have passed will come back to life and strangle us all!!! (And some that are still alive will too.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter