Yuletide Fantasy Tour

rickwelch49525

Earning My Ears
Has anyone ever gone on this tour? My partner and I are going to try it out December 23. It is a backstage tour or Epcot and Magic Kingdom of how they do holiday decorations and where they keep things. We thought it might be something new to try. We have been on other tours, but not this one. Let us know if you have tried it and what you thought!

Ric

My friend and I went on it 12/14/10. Our two tour guides (Bryan and Mark, I believe) really made the difference for us. My favorite part was going into the Holiday Services warehouse. Talk about access to great supplies for holiday decorating! My least favorite part was stopping at the Grand Floridian where we let quite a bit of time go by to shop, take pics, etc. We had already been at the GF to see the gingerbread house earlier in the week, so it killed time more than anything.

We received a cute special pin for the tour. I believe previous years were given a pin and an ornament.

To me this tour is best for the older crowd who doesn't feel like rushing through a lot. Overall a fun tour and I'm glad I did it.

(p.s. I'm not part of the GL board, but I figured I could give some input for anyone considering this tour next year :) )

(p.s. I'm not part of the GL board, but I figured I could give some input for anyone considering this tour next year :) )

It's all good, sometimes I think this board has more CSPs ("cool straight persons") than gay people :rotfl:

Thanks for your take on the tour. We enjoyed our tour guides as well. They made the first part of the tour better than what it was. The first part was in World Showcase before it opened. They talked about various countries Christmas traditions. It wasn't as interesting as I had hoped, as much of the info could be found in a book or the internet. We then went to Grand Floridan. We had been there before, so this part of the tour wasn't so interesting either, as it was pretty much self guided.

We went to the Magic Kingdom and gained access through the back stage area, which was cool. They brought us on stage on Main Street and discussed why it was decorated the way it was.

We finally ended up in the Holiday Services warehouse, which was the most interesting part. I would have liked to have spent more time backstage in this area or in other warehouse areas they mentioned that help support the Christmas season. We did get a pin at the end as well.

I don't know if I would take this tour again. It was nice, but I am not sure I would recommend it for the price. As long as one knows that there isn't a lot of time spent backstage, which I must have misunderstood, you would probably enjoy it. And if you are interested in Christmas traditions in general, not those related to Walt Disney World, you would probably enjoy it as well.

Ric

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter