• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

YVR to Port / Port to YVR

ahain

Thankful & Blessed
I posted this on the Vancouver thread as well, so I apologize for the duplication....

Hello,
We will be a group of 5 (ages 80, 76, 58, 54, and 16 when we travel). Grandma & Grandpa can still "get around," but prefer not to walk long dstances, if possible. We hope to stay 2 nights pre-cruise at the PanPacific. I've read here that Taxis are small and can only hold 3-4 people w/luggage.

We will be traveling in early June from Michigan (Grand Rapids is the closest "large" airport). We are on Eastern time.

So, several questions.....

1. Any tips on the best/most cost effective airline/airfare from GRR to YVR? (I'm assuming round trip YVR is better for us than SeaTac to minimize transfers & too much walking for the "Grandparents" but please correct me if there's a better way!)

2. What is the best/most hassle-free way to get 5 of us (with "average" luggage) from YVR to Pan Pacific? Limo?

3. What is the best way to get 5 of us (with "average" luggage) from back to YVR from the port on departure day?

4. Should we plan on flying home the same day the cruise ends? or should we stay overnight at an airport hotel and try to fly out early next day?

5. I have seen some tips on getting good Pan Pacific rates on Hotwire. Is there any way to book a harbor-view room using Hotwire or other discount site? (Wishful thinking here...)

Thanks in advance! :)

5. I have seen some tips on getting good Pan Pacific rates on Hotwire. Is there any way to book a harbor-view room using Hotwire or other discount site? (Wishful thinking here...)

Thanks in advance! :)

Once you secure the room on Hotwire, call the Pan Pacific directly and ask if Harbor-view rooms are available. They will give you the rate to upgrade your city-view standard room.

For my reservation, they didn't have any Harbor View available but I was able to add an upgrade of $60 a night to a Premier Corner Room (we just pay the difference when we check in). :thumbsup2

We used

http://www.panpacificvancouver.com/area-activities/legacy-limousine-services/

Legacy who are the official limo company of the Pan, we booked a SUV, they were great, we booked meet and greet but you can book turn up and go as THRY have many cars, our driver was more like a guide telling us all about Vsncouver where we were driving through, tips on eating etc.

There is the sky train but you have to luggage heaven bags up and down from the trains.

Once you secure the room on Hotwire, call the Pan Pacific directly and ask if Harbor-view rooms are available. They will give you the rate to upgrade your city-view standard room.

For my reservation, they didn't have any Harbor View available but I was able to add an upgrade of $60 a night to a Premier Corner Room (we just pay the difference when we check in). :thumbsup2

AWESOME! Thanks!

We used

http://www.panpacificvancouver.com/area-activities/legacy-limousine-services/

Legacy who are the official limo company of the Pan, we booked a SUV, they were great, we booked meet and greet but you can book turn up and go as THRY have many cars, our driver was more like a guide telling us all about Vsncouver where we were driving through, tips on eating etc.

There is the sky train but you have to luggage heaven bags up and down from the trains.

Thank you! Do you recall the approx cost for Legacy Limo?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter