• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Zebra domes?

Seewhatimesdone

<font color=green>Every thread should have a <marq
I've been hearing about these zebra domes and I really want to try them! I know some people don't care for them but I love coffee flavored anything. I don't know if you can only get them at Boma for dinner but I tried asking everywhere at Animal Kingdom and no one had any idea what I was talking about. Could someone please tell me where I can find them?

You can get them a) from Boma as part of the buffet, b) sometimes from Mara in containers of 6-8ish in the coolers along the wall, or c) giant zebra domes from in-room dining. If you want zebra domes, you've got to get to the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

You can get them a) from Boma as part of the buffet, b) sometimes from Mara in containers of 6-8ish in the coolers along the wall, or c) giant zebra domes from in-room dining.

I didn't see them at the breakfast buffet so they must only be out at dinner. Is Mara the little shop outside the lobby? I could kick myself, I forgot to ask when I was at AKL!

I can't imagine they're out at breakfast, but they're definitely out at dinner. The shop just off the lobby is Zawadi Marketplace. To find Mara, you have to go down like you're going to Boma/Jiko, but then head outside and under the covered walkway and there you'll find Mara, which is the quickservice restaurant.

I can't imagine they're out at breakfast, but they're definitely out at dinner. The shop just off the lobby is Zawadi Marketplace. To find Mara, you have to go down like you're going to Boma/Jiko, but then head outside and under the covered walkway and there you'll find Mara, which is the quickservice restaurant.

Thank you so much!

best dessert EVER! Run, don't walk, to Boma. All of the food there is excellent. They have zebra domes every night, although much of their menu changes every other day (alternating).

What flavor are they... chocolate?

A little chocolatety, yellow cakeish, coffeeish hard to explain they're just good! Git ya sum!

2wcfvh5.jpg

A little chocolatety, yellow cakeish, coffeeish hard to expalin they're just good! Git ya sum!

2wcfvh5.jpg

Best description I ever read!!!!!:lmao: :rotfl2: And yeah, you WILL eat yourself sick off 'em (my son sure did!!!) - but use a fork and not your fingers like we did because they're slipperyish.:rolleyes1

Oddly enough when we had them I don't recall them tasting like coffee at all. I hate coffee but I loved the zebra domes!

We got ours at Mara. Their goodies selection was great!

Jim

Oddly enough when we had them I don't recall them tasting like coffee at all. I hate coffee but I loved the zebra domes!

We got ours at Mara. Their goodies selection was great!

Jim

I also do not like coffee or anything coffee flavored, but I love Zebra Domes. I also do not tast 'coffee' in them.

We always do B'Fast at Boma instead of Dinner...I always make a trip to Mara after B'Fast to get my Zebra Domes. :rotfl: They are sooo good! I also love the flourless chocolate cake that they sale there. They put a little Simba paw on top of the cake with powdered sugar. Love those little Disney details! :goodvibes

I think they are delicious and I think they taste like Kahlua. :) My whole family LOVES Boma's food, especially the salmon.

Best description I ever read!!!!!:lmao: :rotfl2: And yeah, you WILL eat yourself sick off 'em (my son sure did!!!) - but use a fork and not your fingers like we did because they're slipperyish.:rolleyes1

Coffeeish? Bleech. I really dislike coffee flavor. I guess that means I won't like zebra domes.

Ok what is Kahlua?:confused3

Kahlua is a coffee flavored liqueur. It's absolutely deeeeeeeeelish. Pour a shot in a short glass over ice, add some half and half, stir, and you have yourself one heck of a killer Sombrero.

To the PP, as for the zebra domes tasting like coffee, they really don't. They have a mellow chocolate flavor. Try a bite of one, and if you don't care for it, at least you tried it.

You can get them a) from Boma as part of the buffet, b) sometimes from Mara in containers of 6-8ish in the coolers along the wall, or c) giant zebra domes from in-room dining. If you want zebra domes, you've got to get to the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

This are so good. It's worth the commute from ANYWHERE to have them.

I haven't had Zebra Domes in so long!! They are so worth the hunt for them. Has anyone found an "at home" recipe for them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter