Zebras on the safari?

shyjade

DIS Veteran
If you have been on the safari recently, were there zebras? I've heard conflicting reports and would love to know if we will be able to see them in a few weeks.

They were brand new (reintroduced) back in July when we went. They had only been on safari for a week. I haven't heard anything since then though.

We saw zebras yesterday. It was a great safari- the most animals we've ever seen.

We were just down there - September 15th - 25th. We went on the safari many times (AK is one of our favorite parts and we love the safari) and saw them almost every time.

They're no longer at the very end (where the poachers were - now that's the Addex). They're generally around the Bontabok, White Rhinos, Ostriches type area. Occasionally you'll also see them in the distance on the left after the 'unstable' bridge and before the red clay areas

They were they last week of August but i don't remember where they were located.

Saw them last week. But wait, were they white with black stripes or black with withe stripes...:confused3. No seriously we saw them.

This was two weeks ago. They have been moved from where they were last seen as PP stated.

DisneySept142013AK205.jpg

I spoke with a CM about 2 years ago about the zebras and why they were no longer out. Evidently they were too aggressive with some of the baby animals. She said they were planning to reintroduce them now that they have fewer babies. In December I noticed that they were where the poachers used to be, it must have been a temporary place to let them get used to the people/trucks again. I'm very happy to hear that they are out with the others animals now.

Saw them last week. But wait, were they white with black stripes or black with withe stripes...:confused3. No seriously we saw them.
Turns out they're black with white stripes, at least according to the zoo tour we went on.

Great picture HopperFan!

Our guide said that zebras are black with white stripes. You can tell this because of the black nose?

Some people say that the stripes confuse large flies and such so they don't bite zebras as often. I think I will try out this strategy this afternoon with the kids. We have some pretty aggressive horseflies by the pool!

They were definitely out two weeks ago. They were right next to the path by the warthogs.

They were there in plenty last Saturday...and FYI, Zebras are black with white stripes, you can tell from the color of their nose.

Great to read that! Last March, we did Kilimanjaro Safaris about 10 times and we never saw one single zebra.

Looks like we'll have better luck in a few weeks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter