• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Zero entry/ Kiddie pools ?

willproph

Earning My Ears
We are going to Disney in September with 2 sons age 3 and 1. We have reservations at the CBR and may change to a deluxe if we can get a code.

Do the WL and/or CR have zero entry pools? I have read that the CR doesn't have a true kiddie pool. Is this true? My one year old loves to walk in the water, but won't go in a float so we need a true kiddie pool that I assumed all Disney resorts have.

What about the CBR? How is it's kiddie pool.

One last question, can my 3 year old go down the slides with a vest? Do I have to bring a vest?

Thanks for your help. I'm looking for those elusive Sept codes.

You are correct. CR doesn't have a kiddie pool and both of the pools do not have zero entry. There is a little kiddie fountain area.

The WL has a little kiddie pool and the Poly has the zero entry pool.

Hope that helps.

Also, I believe all the pools have vests for the children to wear -- just not sure which slides they are allowed to go down with them on.

AKL also has a zero entry pool and they have life vests available. AKL has a much smaller scale slide then some of them I saw. DD4 went down it once and that was enough for her :p Since you could see the slide entrance from the bottom of the slide, alot of parents stood near there and waited for the little ones to come down.

The kiddie pool was ok. DS 2 preferred it while DD preferred walking into the big pool and playing there.

We have always used the resort vests for the kids prior to their learning to swim (4 and 6). The younger one wore a vest on the POR slide with no problems. last October. I specifically asked if it was allowed. The one slide that I think for certain that does not allow a vest is the large slide at SAB. My boys have both used vests in the past at Disney's HH resort when using the slide.

I would recommend Beach Club. My four year old loved their sand bottom kiddie pool and the area to play in the sand and build sand castles and such.

Thanks for your help.

We narrowed it down to the WL and CR because we want the cheapest resorts close to the MK. We only have 4 nights and I anticipate spending most of the time at the MK.

It looks like the CR is out and we will stay at the CBR or move up to the WL with codes. I can't believe a Disney resort doesn't have a kiddie pool.

We thought about the AKL, but it seems to be too far away from everything, especially the MK. The other Deluxes are so pricey for a standard room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter