• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Zero-Entry Pools

I have to ask. Is a zero entry pool the deciding factor for determining which resort to stay at?

No, I am asking because I have a 5 year old son who does to know how to swim that well and I would feel more comfortable with him playing in a pool with a zero-entry rather than steps that go directly into 3 feet of water.

No, I am asking because I have a 5 year old son who does to know how to swim that well and I would feel more comfortable with him playing in a pool with a zero-entry rather than steps that go directly into 3 feet of water.

By all means, if you can afford the resorts with zero-entry- go for it!:goodvibes If for some reason, you end up at a place without a zero entry, I just wanted you to know that all the resorts have life jackets available free of charge. My 4 1/2 year old loved using one and it gave me great peace of mind not worrying about her swimming too deep.:thumbsup2

By all means, if you can afford the resorts with zero-entry- go for it!:goodvibes If for some reason, you end up at a place without a zero entry, I just wanted you to know that all the resorts have life jackets available free of charge. My 4 1/2 year old loved using one and it gave me great peace of mind not worrying about her swimming too deep.:thumbsup2

You just made me feel 10 million times better about my choice at WL!! Do you know if they allow like those little inner tube floaty things if I was to bring my own for him?

You just made me feel 10 million times better about my choice at WL!! Do you know if they allow like those little inner tube floaty things if I was to bring my own for him?

Here is DD wearing hers so you know what they look like. She didn't have any trouble with it. Although in the picture it appears to be riding up, it's because I am holding her. As far as bringing your own, we were at POR and I know I saw kids with other floaties but I can't remember if they were tubes, the kind that go on your arm or both. Since they don't take up much room without the air, you could always stick something in your suitcase and then know that you have the vests to fall back on if they won't let you use it. If you do end up with a vest, they let you keep it for the length of your stay. It's free, you just let them know what room you are in. I didn't bother bringing anything because DD doesn't care what kind of floatation device she uses.:goodvibes

Disney2007146.jpg

This entire area is basically zero entry and a max depth of about 2 feet or so. The entire bottom is sand so we adults often go lay in it just because it is so relaxing. That is a sand penninsula going in to it in the center. Counting the days until we have grandkids so we have a good reason to just sit in this area for hours on end. :thumbsup2

SAB.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter