Zero Forky's Given - An August 2019 Dining Report - Completed 8/18

Oh, I hope our Pirate Queen feels better very soon. There are few things worse than being in the grip of the dreaded lurgy at this time of the year. I send best wishes to you and your lovely family for a lovely Christmas and a peaceful New Year ... or a Disneyfied New Year at the very least!

I'm feeling better but still have lots of fun symptoms including a nasty cough, sore throat, and a fever that just won't go away.
Oh no! So sorry you got the flu. That really sucks!!! I'm happy you are feeling better!

pirate: Of course this was the day after his birthday where I at least ordered the Papa Johns he feasted on :P
Ahhh, Papa Johns. Glad to hear you have white trash pizza night at your house too. LOL!!!

I've been MIA the past few weeks because apparently working 60 hour weeks for several weeks in a row can exhaust you and apparently when you are exhausted your immune system gets low and apparently that is a good time to come down with the flu. Yes ladies and gentleman patient 0 for influenza B right here. Today is day 9 and I'm feeling better but still have lots of fun symptoms including a nasty cough, sore throat, and a fever that just won't go away.
Oh No!!!! I came back to catch up as I have been basically off the boards all this month. December always kicks my butt! I hope you are starting to feel better. The flu is no joke these days!

Hope you are feeling better and were able to enjoy Christmas! I also came down with the flu when we came home from WDW even though I get my flu shot every year! It's flat out miserable.

I've been MIA the past few weeks because apparently working 60 hour weeks for several weeks in a row can exhaust you and apparently when you are exhausted your immune system gets low and apparently that is a good time to come down with the flu. Yes ladies and gentleman patient 0 for influenza B right here. Today is day 9 and I'm feeling better but still have lots of fun symptoms including a nasty cough, sore throat, and a fever that just won't go away.

I hope you feel better soon! I've been sick for the last week too, so I feel your pain. I didn't know so much snot could come out of a person it's endless :crazy2:

Happy New Year!

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. Today is 3 weeks since I came down with the flu and while I still have a pesky cough that keeps me up at night my eye is finally recovered so I can actually read.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year. It was all a bit of a blur to me thanks to my medicine haze but I have physical proof two holidays did indeed happen in my house.
IMG_0892.jpeg

IMG_0943.jpeg

I'm off to catch up on replies and everyones reports :car: Will hopefully have time to write the next installment this weekend but in the meantime here is a preview...

Last edited:
That burrata looks delicious! Glad you liked Wine Bar George. Casey is ready for stardom!
The burrata was definitely my favorite part. Something about it was different than others I've had and it was oh so good!

It was a bit of serendipity to be right next to Wine Bar George when the rains came. Too bad they don't take TiW. Really, if the restaurants/bars are located in Disney Springs, or Epcot, they really should take the discount card.
Yeah I don't understand why some take it and some don't. I understand not all are owned by Disney but if Disney is going to let you on their property they should put in a clause to give the discounts.

"Hollywood Studios - slash - MGM" :laughing: You are raising her right! I
:D I'm trying!

So happy you had a good experience as well. They do a take on that burrata dish for brunch with avocado that I can't stop thinking about. SO good.
I've seen that dish and it looks amazing!!! If we ever get over there for brunch no question what I am having.

Yum at Wine Bar George! It is such a great wine selection. Glad you had a great selection and appetizers as well. It makes me sad about the lack of TiW too. I need to figure out if any of the places I have planned for January actually take it anymore.
We didn't go as fancy with the wine as you all did, but what we had certainly did not disappoint.

That Burrata dish looks amazing and I am glad it also tasted the same. The meatball dish also looked good but happy to hear your family agreed with you that your meatballs are better😉. Will have to check the menu to see if I think DH would go for it as a lunch option.
It really is a great place to grab some drinks and appetizers if that is your hubbys kind of thing.

I’ve heard of these little bits of heaven but never had them. Anything that bad for you has to be good.
Right on!

I wanted to go there but never could find it. DS/DTD has changed so much I couldn’t navigate.
I'm in the same boat. I hate it when I don't know where things are and DS has me so discombobulated with all the twists and turns in the layout. Amorette's is right by the world of disney store though, which is the only reason we ended up there.

Wine bar George sounds like my kinda place! Delicious tidbits of food with lots of wine choices = perfection! 😋
You summed it up perfectly! Wish we had some place like that here at home.

I thought Casey was very good in her vlog. Laughed at her Hollywood studios slash MGM comment plus who wouldn’t be excited for those desserts :goodvibes
:D She only just learned it wasn't called MGM a few years ago when she was able to read. She was very confused as to why the bus to MGM said Hollywood Studios.

Sober elf! See he has his face on and everything lol. Must be because it’s a work day!:rotfl:
He looks great, even if he is sober!

Tell Casey if she starts a You Tube channel - I'm in!!!
She would be in heaven! She did pretty good if Jason led her through it If we let her talk herself all she does is talk gibberish and walk around and look at herself in the phone :P

Wine is just not my thing, so Wine Bar George has not been on my radar much, I must admit. HOWEVER, those apps look pretty darn delicious! I could definitely see us stopping there for some mid-shop snacking.
I hear they have Miller Lite too :P

Love Casey's new backpack :) and "pin girl" status. She is just adorable AND she's DISBoard Famous--that totally counts!! :)
Not sure I'll tell her that. She already has a big enough ego and doesn't realize she is "famous" anywhere other than our house.

I toured this winery in Italy, it was wonderful, my husband was very jealous! I was with my sisters.
That is amazing!!!!!!!!! I'm jealous too. Italy is on our bucket list but definitely won't do it until Casey gets older.

I love Casey’s recap, she is very laid back about it all!
I think the fact that this was like 10 at night may have helped with that.

This is like my dream, i would much rather tapas style food 100% of the time! Happy it was a good meal overall!
You and I so just need to eat and drink our way around Disney together.

but does she stay a pin girl all trip? that is the question
She gives it a good college try but I'm not sure she's totally in.

I mean you had me at chocolate covered potato chips, there are very few things i wont eat covered in chocolate.
You and me both but sadly these just got lost in the mix.

We had the brunch version of this and it was delicious too.
I remember that. I'll have to get there for brunch some day.

She's adorable I liked her recap :laughing:
You'll have to teach her a few tricks so she can do it on her own!

wow, such a a nice picture. So normal Who are you people??
I have no idea!

Ohhhh..,there you are!
:P

That all looks really good! I have no idea what a Burrata is but I think it looks like something i would like.
Its a type of fresh mozzarella cheese but on the inside it is more like ricotta. It is seriously one of the best things out there next to BabyBell of course :earboy2:

Adorable! I’d watch her show! I love how she probably wasn’t even alive when they switched over but she calls it MGM :love:
She didn't even know it was Hollywood Studious until she could read a few years ago! I had her going for a while.

That backpack is adorable...all my favorite Disney treats!
I know. Wish I'd gotten one myself.

It sounds like you had a great experience at Wine Bar George! That is on my wish list. I love Casey's backpack! And I think you have a YouTube star in the making!
Wine Bar George really was fantastic. We will definitely be back.

Yes- for people like me who don't know much about wine it was very intimidating lol. Our server was fantastic thankfully lol.
We know a good amount about wine and it was intimidating for us too. I wish they had some descriptions to help but our server was fantastic as well and helped us navigagte

I am also with Casey! I've rarely met a burrata I didn't like and this one was amazing!
Think we'll have to start a new burrata club

She's adorable! I'm in for her channel!
She'll be thrilled!

This is our fav app at WBG! I'm glad you liked it too!!!
WBG huh? I had no idea that was what all the cool vloggers were calling it

We'll take her under our wing and make a YouTube sensation of her yet...She'll probably beat us to the top. LOL!
I'll send her your way for a few days this summer. It will be Jen, Joe, and Casey Jo on the Go!

Glad you’re beginning to feel human again Kari.
Great photos of Casey. She sure was excited by her presents :goodvibes
Will watch the vlog tomorrow morning most likely, when I actually get peace (this is usually when the hungry sons who keep bothering me for food get fed up and go cook their own or I make pancakes whichever comes first😂).
Happy New Year to you and all the family 🎉

Wine and apps sounds like a winning dinner in my book! Glad the food dishes were pretty good; the white wine your ordered sounded right up my alley. I wrote down the name for reference if I ever make it to Wine Bar George.
You should most definitely check out Wine Bar George And even if you don't get there soon get yourself a bottle of Gruner Veltliner even if its not this exact one! Its an Austrian Varietal that never disappoints.

OMG that looks like it was made for me! I'll for sure be getting that when we go to WBG next month with you guys.

Oh wait you aren't coming because you s..................
>:(>:(>:( How about you come here and help a 150 pound dog go to the bathroom and I'll head to Disney with Steve. I'm sure he'd appreciate new company :P

And this was made for Steve. He'd probably still get it despite the claim it wasn't worth the $$!
The ones at the Disney restaurants are much better!

I think I've seen him on a billboard modeling his Calvin's? Or is he one of the V. Secret runway angels? Hmmm 🤔
Angel all the way. You're welcome!

IMG_5787.jpeg

This sounded decent until the bolded and then I was like WHAT!!!!!! That makes it like 10 Forky's! Until you said it was no good which was our experience a few years ago with a similarly pretty cake from Amorette's that looked like it would taste like liquid gold and basically tasted like.....cake.
You got it exactly right. Looks amazing tastes like Duncan Hines!

Yaaaasssss....My kinda dining too!! Haven’t made it there yet, but that’s our date night (rare event) kinda place ‘cause I refuse to spend $30 for Asher to fill up on fancy cheeses.
I don't blame you at all. We usually have these nights without Casey too, but when in Disney....

Casey’s video, so cute. Glad you enjoyed the Amorette’s, another one I’ve yet to try.
Thanks! She is pretty darn fond of herself!

hey girl! Checking in our your review. Sorry I have not been on as much, except for Mod duties. Hope you have a Merry Christmas and enjoying the review.
Hi stranger!!!! I wasn't sure you were even on here anymore! Hope you all are doing well.

I actually made like 8 batches of cookies for the first time in forever ;) and it slipped my mind. Steve said it's the most he's ever seen me do in the kitchen :rotfl2:
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Miracles do happen

Ughhh! I think wine kills germs, right?! Feel better soon!!! Happy Holidays :)
You know its bad when I didn't even have a drop of alcohol for almost 2 weeks!

Merry Christmas! I too am coughing while wrapped in a blanket with a sore throat on day 8. Commiserations Kari.
Hope you're feeling better. Sounds like we went down right around the same time. Day 22 and this crap is still hanging around. Teach me not to get a flu shot

Just in case the flu has fogged your mind and you can’t remember what you need Jason to do I thought I’d share my recipe for cooking turkey Enjoy 😁
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: It wasn't turkey but he cooked pork for new years that went about like this. Needless to say it was overcooked.

I send best wishes to you and your lovely family for a lovely Christmas and a peaceful New Year ... or a Disneyfied New Year at the very least!
Same to you and yours. We hopefully have a Disneyland trip coming up this year so that will be very exciting!

Ahhh, Papa Johns. Glad to hear you have white trash pizza night at your house too. LOL!!!
Only the best for Jason on his birthday!

Oh No!!!! I came back to catch up as I have been basically off the boards all this month. December always kicks my butt! I hope you are starting to feel better. The flu is no joke these days!
Kicks my butt too, just in a whole new way this time around. Hope you all had a great holiday!

Hope you are feeling better and were able to enjoy Christmas! I also came down with the flu when we came home from WDW even though I get my flu shot every year! It's flat out miserable.
Oh no! Hope you're feeling better. I did try and get my shot but they were out when I went and then it slipped my mind. That will teach me.

I didn't know so much snot could come out of a person it's endless :crazy2:
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Will watch the vlog tomorrow morning most likely, when I actually get peace (this is usually when the hungry sons who keep bothering me for food get fed up and go cook their own or I make pancakes whichever comes first😂).
It's a whole 90 secedes so don't expect too much.

Happy New Year to you and all the family 🎉
Same to you!

Welcome Back to the living... Kind of...

IMG_0943.jpeg
A girl after her mom's heart!

What was Casey's most wanted gift this year? Gwen's was a plush from a YouTuber that she watches...

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. Today is 3 weeks since I came down with the flu and while I still have a pesky cough that keeps me up at night my eye is finally recovered so I can actually read.
Nice to hear that you're feeling better. I really do believe too many hours at work can have that affect.
You may have seen me mention it on a couple other TRs, but the short story is that I started a new job a few weeks ago that required a lot of hours training and I've been working 12 hour shifts for the last 3 weeks straight. I do get a week off this week, but I'm feeling run down and I came down with a cold last week, so I am sure the workload had something to do with it.

Casey did a great job on the vlog and her slinky dog hairband was very cute. Brave girl going on RnR coaster I've yet to do that mainly because I've yet to persuade anyone in my clan to join me - wimps the lot of them :rotfl:
Hope everything went to plan at MGM slash HS;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter