Zero ICU beds in Hawaii

This is valid travel related information for Hawaii and Aulani.

PLEASE, no debate or dueling statistics or calling the information into question. The reporting from credible Hawaii-based news and health organizations is consistent on the hospital overcrowding matter.

The reality is that the health care system is stretched VERY thin, and the remoteness of Hawaii makes this an especially valid concern related to travel.

Last edited:
Yes. It’s been coming. So sad!

Just a heads-up that high risk activities include swimming & hiking in unfamiliar places so plan appropriately if you are going to venture out.

Also the percentage of vax (compared to unvax) who get Covid here is increasing.

Last edited:
This is valid travel related information for Hawaii and Aulani.

PLEASE, no debate or dueling statistics or calling the information into question. The reports from credible Hawaii-based news and health organizations is consistent on the hospital overcrowding matter.

The reality is that the health care system is stretched VERY thin, and the remoteness of Hawaii makes this an especially valid concern related to travel.

Yes, I'm not trying to start a debate or anything like that. This just seems like a major safety concern everyone traveling to the islands should take into account now. When I went to Aulani pre-covid we did a lot of adventurous outdoor activities on Oahu that I probably wouldn't do now amidst an extreme shortage of hospital beds/ staff.

Thanks, helpful information. We are booked at Aulani right before Thanksgiving so watching and hoping things turn around by then. We'll make a call about 35 days out, so ongoing info from locals really helps.

Thinking of all of those affected in Hawaii, such a sad situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter