• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Zip line??

blessedmommyx3

Mouseketeer
Has anyone does this before?? If so, how scary was it? We are picking our excursions for our 7 night Mexican Riviera Cruise and my 14 year old would love to do this - but the rest of us are terrified! I am trying to see if I could be talked in to it - then at least I could take him. I am pretty much a chicken though!!!!!!!!

We did some zip lines in Playa del Carmen.
Climbing the tower was a bit scary for me, but the zip line portion was incredible!

We've got one DD who tends to be a bit hesitant about new experiences (she clung to me almost the whole time we were in the cenotes)
but once we got her up the tower she loved the zip lines.
This was the 16 yr old btw

My youngest was 8 when we went and she kissed up to the guide so much, telling him it was the funnest thing she had even done in her life, that he let us all go again.

I say DO IT!

We went zip lining last year on our vacation to Cancun and had a great time! DH has a fear of heights and even he enjoyed himself! :thumbsup2

DD6 loved it too, but she had the pleasure of being accompanied by a guide, so she had none of the work to do. :laughing: I know she will be disappointed that we won't be able to do the zip line tours offered by DCL on our cruise this year as their age restrictions are quite high for this type of adventure. :guilty:

For the canopy tour through DCL in Puerto Vallarta the restrictions are:
age 10 & up, minimum height requirement of 4 ft, and weight limit of 250 pounds.

I don't know if DCL offers any other excursions with zip lines or not?

When we went we booked on our own and 6 was the minimum age. It said no obese people, but didn't specify a particular weight limit.

I looked up Shore Excursions and they will take age 6 and above - up to 250 pounds. I'm trying to work up my nerve~

We just did this in So. Africa. I was very! hesitant, but so glad I did it. I would caution you that if you have scared kids, there is no easy way down. Once they are up there, and freak out, I'm not sure what you would do. That being said, it was not very scary for me or my kids (although they are older than yours).

We booked directly w/ Los Veranos Canopy Tour.
DD is 8 and she was good to go.

I am debating on doing this or not. I read that you have to be able to stop or else they won't let you go on....is it really that complicated? Do you need a lot of upper body strength?

Stopping means you close your hand around the line above your head. No, it is not complicated, nor does it involve a lot of upper body strength. The people we had were great at training you. My biggest fear was stopping too soon--you have to reach the next tree perch!

Just to let you know, my 64 year old mom and 65 year old dad and my aunt and uncle did the zip line tour in Puerto Vallarta over TG and they had a blast. They bought the video and we got to watch it and it looked really neat. I say go for it!

When we did the 7 nt Mexico DCL cruise in 2005, we booked through Canopy De Los Veranos with about 17 other DISers on our cruise. This way our middle son who was 9 at the time was able to ZIP with us - he was too young to book it through the company DCL used. Our friends did the DCL zipline excursion while we were doing the non-DCL one, and we all loved it! Certainly a highlight of our trip (even for me & I have a fear of heights). :thumbsup2 Advice... stay hydrated!

Okay, I think I am really going to go for it since it doesn't take that much upper body strength. I wonder what happens if you stop too soon??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter